Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Level 145 still no H2 BR or ANY pistol

OP wadehamilton

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm level 145. I've opened nothing but Gold packs whenever I get REQ's. Constantly selling stuff to get more Gold Req Packs. Still don't have the H2 BR, or ANY pistol (extended mag, silenced pistol ect.). I'm so frustrated I could break something. I'm stuck with the standard pistol, and i keep getting helmet's and armor. Normal to wait this long for a better starting weapon?
There's a trick to this. You start by opening up Silver packs until you start getting REQ points back. That means you've gotten all the guaranteed unlocks from Silvers. Then you move on to Gold packs and do the same. You'll eventually get the H2BR and the other pistols. Just a matter of when.
You should open some bronze and silver packs just to make sure you got everything from them since sometimes you won't get bronze stuff in gold packs. For the other stuff, you should be close to being done by now so it likely won't be much longer before you get that stuff.
I remember I used to buy just gold packs and got the h2 br between level 147-149. You should listen afro and luke. I have a friend that got it in 144 I think. Good luck 🍀
Yeah, I only got my pistols and H2BR around level 144-145. It kinda sucks around that part, but just open your packs and power through it. You'll get 'em eventually.
I have the same problem. I’m at SR 138 and still no H2 BR or other Magnum variants. I believe that 343i purposely put all these reqs and armor variants in the game just to bog it down. Most of the stuff I unlock, I couldn’t care less.
Takes quite a while to open enough packs to get everything unlocked. As Afro said, make sure your opening bronze and silver until the packs don't yeild any unlocks, then move on to gold packs. It's the most efficient way.
Still the most efficient way at 145?
Still the most efficient way at 145?
If you still have any rare Reqs to unlock then yes.
I don't see the connection between Spartan Rank and specific REQs?
Surely what you have depends only on the number of REQ packs you've opened, not your XP?

I know i had a common REQ that didn't unlock by the time i was getting 6000 RP in Gold REQs: i had to open a Bronze in order to get it ...

Keep going, they'll arrive.
SMH....I feel bad for you.... You have taken the longest road for opening reqs... Opening nothing but golds means you are getting silver level stuff at gold prices... Hopefully others learn from this and realize you gotta open silvers first and get those out of the pool so to speak and then open golds. This is the fastest and cheapest way to get everything.
There's a trick to this. You start by opening up Silver packs until you start getting REQ points back. That means you've gotten all the guaranteed unlocks from Silvers. Then you move on to Gold packs and do the same. You'll eventually get the H2BR and the other pistols. Just a matter of when.
He's got the right idea, i did awhile back, and it seemed like the best way to go about this.
vengeant wrote:
I don't see the connection between Spartan Rank and specific REQs?
Surely what you have depends only on the number of REQ packs you've opened, not your XP?

I know i had a common REQ that didn't unlock by the time i was getting 6000 RP in Gold REQs: i had to open a Bronze in order to get it ...

Keep going, they'll arrive.
XP and req points are connected so people are just using their SR to mark how long they have played for so how many req points they have earned and req packs they have opened.
vengeant wrote:
XP and req points are connected so people are just using their SR to mark how long they have played for so how many req points they have earned and req packs they have opened.
Erhm ... i still disagree that a high SR means more REQs. They do both increase as games are played, but RP doesn't *have* to be used.

In the most extreme case a player *could* reach level 152 without ever opening a REQ pack and hence have only the minimum REQs at that point.
vengeant wrote:
vengeant wrote:
Erhm ... i still disagree that a high SR means more REQs. They do both increase as games are played, but RP doesn't *have* to be used.

In the most extreme case a player *could* reach level 152 without ever opening a REQ pack and hence have only the minimum REQs at that point.
If they did take that route they most likely wouldn’t be complaining about it on the forums. I think I finished out my REQs in the 130s. Once you hit 145 you start getting the rank emblems which means you can really start the 152 grind. It would be a really rare occurrence that someone hasn’t accumulated enough REQ points to either have purchased everything or be able to purchase everything at that point. Buying silvers before gold packs really makes a hell of a difference.
I got the H2 Br once I hit 146. it felt like I was at 145 forever, but then you get used to the grind and that becomes the norm.
Lol I wish I at least had the halo 2 br still haven't gotten it yet
I finally got one other version of the pistol. The extended magazine. I’m at SR 141. I guess it’s just random. I did open up silver packs first.
For some weird reason these seem to be the last weapons for everyone. It's almost like 343 did this crap on purpose.
You gotta keep grinding gold packs. It would be easier if you have all of the helmets/armors. I got them around 130-144, so just grind grind grind
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2