[Locked] List of current known Forge issues/bugs

OP xXSB101Xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
created a door. added scripts to have it rise and lower watched it a few mins and all was good. saved map, went about my business. come back to door to find it constantly rising through the map, refixed door, went about business, come back door had dropped 10 to 15 points and was scripting from here. refixed, come back same issue. I have tried to lock door but same issue. door position keeps moving breaking the scripting, or scripting is breaking changing door position. Just to add the scripts are timer based, so the door will rise and lower at a constant rate.
Vehicles don't respawn when you put them too close together, even when they aren't touching
Invisible lights set to spot with the pulse effect won't make the lighting pulse in custom games. Not sure if it's other effects too
Scripted welded/grouped objects set to move back and forth horizontally rotate mid custom game....
Latest bug that seems to be occurring since the MoR update:
  • Script budget is not decreasing when an object that contains 1 or more scripts is deleted.
  • This is causing a secondary problem where spawning a new version of the same deleted piece is retroactively gaining that script that was on the old piece but in an uncontrollable way as it is not showing up as script in the object properties window.
I have come across this in multiple maps I have been working on where I usually discover it by noticing what is described by the first bullet. The second bullet was something I discovered when testing a scripting theory I had by changing the color of whales for observation. After deleting a whale with a color script and spawning a new whale, the new whale acquired the script but I could not edit it from the object properties window.
  • Script budget is not decreasing when an object that contains 1 or more scripts is deleted.
Confirmed. I have some phantom scripts on my map that I've been bothered about and this must have been the issue. I sent a tweet to Bravo and Uny so hopefully they'll know about it soon.
I've had some consistent issues with objects appearing different colors. A block will be green when I load up a map, for example, but when I look into the properties, it is set to grey like I originally set it. When I shift it to a different shade of grey, then change it right back to the original, it is fine until I close out and reload the map again. Then it is green. Deleting the object doesn't help. If I do that, then a different object turns green next time.

Also... When deleting grouped objects, I've periodically had other objects across the map delete as well... objects that were never a part of those groups or associated in any way. This is a problem :/
  • This is causing a secondary problem where spawning a new version of the same deleted piece is retroactively gaining that script that was on the old piece but in an uncontrollable way as it is not showing up as script in the object properties window.
I have come across this in multiple maps I have been working on where I usually discover it by noticing what is described by the first bullet. The second bullet was something I discovered when testing a scripting theory I had by changing the color of whales for observation. After deleting a whale with a color script and spawning a new whale, the new whale acquired the script but I could not edit it from the object properties window.
Yes this is a problem that unfortunately I have come across very late in my map making process. I didn't notice it was happening until it was too late. Now I have 4 or 5 different objects with uneditable scripts and at least 30 unaccounted for scripts. It's so bad I can not work on my map anymore until a future update for fear the map will become FUBAR
A bug that is similar is occurring to me. In my case however, when I exit forge and re-enter, some objects will inherit the scripts from completely unrelated objects. I cannot edit the scripts on the bugged objects, as they do not appear in the menu. The only way I can see that they have inherited the scripts is by seeing how they are moving and rotating.
Anyone know why the spawning is so buggy? I mean for objects like fusion coils, half of the time they never respawn and then end up taking up your budget even though they are not there...
I think I found a new bug that I have yet to see someone else talk about, in forge when you set up the cameras for the team animations you can preview them but it doesn't show characters so it's hard to know if it's even working or not.
I'm making a dogfight map using only air vehicles. However, even though my settings tell them to respawn when destroyed, they don't. I've tried tweaking the respawn times and still they just remain gone.
Vehicles don't respawn when you put them too close together, even when they aren't touching
Invisible lights set to spot with the pulse effect won't make the lighting pulse in custom games. Not sure if it's other effects too
Thanks for the tip. How far would you say I need to put the vehicles to make it work?
I'm constantly getting kicked out of the menus in forge I can't access any thing.
Shield: Colorable [64x48] show up in a different spot in custom games compared to forge.
In forge they are aligned using magnets and/or using fixed coordinates. Doesn't matter how it's positioned, but when they are magnetized they show different x or y coordiantes (depending on how they are aligned)
In custom games they all appear slightly off position.
I have an issue with forge, where when I try to preview an object for placement and it instead turns into a green see-through box with no sense of shape or geometry until placed - then it actually shows up the way it is supposed to. Even after placing it and picking it up again, it turns back to a green see-through box. Anybody have any suggestions to how I can fix this?
well sudden server shut downs even if I'm the only one in it. Its also pretty complex but thats if you don't learn to use it. Its best to use halo 5 forge for this. More people should get halo 5 forge so it can be more fun in custom games.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks. We have a dedicated support forum now for Forge
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4