Skip to main content
Is there any way to turn off the lock on feature in Halo 5? If not, can you please add one?
Why would you want to make it so much harder to counter aerial vehicles in the first place? You'd be missing your mark by a mile like that.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Why would you want to make it so much harder to counter aerial vehicles in the first place? You'd be missing your mark by a mile like that.
I can see this being an issue when there’s a lock on a vehicle in front of a player on foot (the intended target). But, that’s a very specific situation and one that doesn’t happen all that often especially when taking into account the time it takes to lock on.
Are you talking about for custom games or just the feature in general?
tuhin94 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
I can see this being an issue when there’s a lock on a vehicle in front of a player on foot (the intended target). But, that’s a very specific situation and one that doesn’t happen all that often especially when taking into account the time it takes to lock on.
if you need a lock on weapon (which is exclusively an anti vehicle weapon) to take out a foot soldier, the lock on is the least of your worries... switch to an AR and blast the guy, its easy
tuhin94 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
if you need a lock on weapon (which is exclusively an anti vehicle weapon) to take out a foot soldier, the lock on is the least of your worries... switch to an AR and blast the guy, its easy
Huh, I guess I didn’t realize a rocket launcher was harder to use than an AR. Back to the tutorial for me, right?
Cool, now aerial vehicles will be extremely hard to take down with an anti-vehicle weapon. When you miss with all your rockets and get Banshee bombed over and over don't complain it. I'm actually not too bad with hitting Wasps with the incineration cannon though since I get good practice on Dispelled.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'm actually not too bad with hitting Wasps with the incineration cannon though since I get good practice on Dispelled.
Damn, that is actually kinda tricky. Then again...a charged Incineration shot is like having a huge fireball coming towards you.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Huh, I guess I didn’t realize a rocket launcher was harder to use than an AR. Back to the tutorial for me, right?
i didn't say easier, i said easy, its obviously easy to blow up a single person with a rocket launcher, but its a waste, save it for vehicles, like in your original statement, you can obviously guess how annoying it is having someone using a rocket launcher on infantry when theres tanks and other vehicles going around destroying your team
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
i didn't say easier, i said easy, its obviously easy to blow up a single person with a rocket launcher, but its a waste, save it for vehicles, like in your original statement, you can obviously guess how annoying it is having someone using a rocket launcher on infantry when theres tanks and other vehicles going around destroying your team
Nope, was replying to Haxor in the context of what OP said. Nothing to do with saving rockets or using them only on vehicles since that’s not what the thread is about.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Nope, was replying to Haxor in the context of what OP said. Nothing to do with saving rockets or using them only on vehicles since that’s not what the thread is about.
fair enough, my bad
Yeah, the feature isn't available but I suppose the option to turn off auto-lock for personal and/or custom games would be cool.