Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Losing your reqs by bad respawns in WarzoneFF

OP PANDAEM0N

So you get a power weapon from the req station in warzone firefight, then the round either ends or continues and enemies respawn like 1 meter in front of you. Obiously you die and lose your power weapon. Then you run and try to get it but it is not there anymore -.- the map just cleans it. I just want to know if this happens to you guys aswell because it is so damn annoying.
It happens in any Warzone gamemode. If you die while carrying a REQ weapon, you have about ~30 seconds to get it back before it despawns.
As Haxor said you have a short time to get back to it before it despawns... But with that lame auto longer respawn time and not knowing where you will respawn which could be a long way from where you died odds of making it back to it is pretty low.... And yeah it's pretty lame. The only good news is if you play warzone firefight enough it gets pretty easy to memorize where the enemy spawn points are so it won't be as much as a problem the more you play.
I only use a power weapon on certain rounds so I hardly ever run into that problem. You just have to be more careful if you are using one so you don't end up in a situation where you're getting overrun with enemies.
Only problem I have with spawns is when it's the final round and I requisition a tank and I spawn on the other side of the map. And by the time I make it into the action the games already over.
PANDAEM0N wrote:
So you get a power weapon from the req station in warzone firefight, then the round either ends or continues and enemies respawn like 1 meter in front of you. Obiously you die and lose your power weapon. Then you run and try to get it but it is not there anymore -.- the map just cleans it. I just want to know if this happens to you guys aswell because it is so damn annoying.
for sure and when you get it you get a sniper in your face :(
USCRuss72 wrote:
Only problem I have with spawns is when it's the final round and I requisition a tank and I spawn on the other side of the map. And by the time I make it into the action the games already over.
It's a shame I can't like your post more than once because this drives me nuts. Game should let us choose which base to spawn at while we're waiting for that respawn timer. The fact that we can't makes tanks worthless for some rounds, when they would otherwise be an excellent choice to spawn in.
USCRuss72 wrote:
It's a shame I can't like your post more than once because this drives me nuts. Game should let us choose which base to spawn at while we're waiting for that respawn timer. The fact that we can't makes tanks worthless for some rounds, when they would otherwise be an excellent choice to spawn in.
Yea because the tanks are too slow besides the Hannibal and you can't choose your spawn I almost never use them normally just stick to wraiths. I don't know why they made the scorpions soo slow in this game they were always relatively fast
There’s little tips around this other than the 30 second despawn period.

1) Spawn at home base on foot then spawn a vehicle to avoid being boarded immediately.

2) Spawn at home base on foot with Snipers/power weapons to avoid being spawn killed immediately.

I do this in intense games so I have time to adjust rather than spawning in the middle of battle with “The Answer” just to loose it immediately.
Yeah this is very annoying
USCRuss72 wrote:
I've wasted so many tanks, wraiths and mantises due to spawning 500 meters literally half a kilometer, WTF, 343?) from the enemy, in a strait line, and it takes three minutes to trudge along the perimeter of the map.
I used to have this issue then i realized that there is a set number of spawn points on each map, like 5 each. After i learned them i have not had an issue with spawns.
jokinges wrote:
I used to have this issue then i realized that there is a set number of spawn points on each map, like 5 each. After i learned them i have not had an issue with spawns.
So you don't pick a req? Not understanding how that bears on the subject.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
I've wasted so many tanks, wraiths and mantises due to spawning 500 meters literally half a kilometer, WTF, 343?) from the enemy, in a strait line, and it takes three minutes to trudge along the perimeter of the map.
I'll usually avoid spawning a heavy vehicle if the boss or a couple of them are low on health and I have competent teammates if I'm already in the respawn screen. In that scenario, it can be better to just spawn a heavy weapon, Ghost or Banshee so you can get there before the boss gets killed while also being able to inflict some damage to get credit.
This is why I only do war zone firefight.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'll usually avoid spawning a heavy vehicle if the boss or a couple of them are low on health and I have competent teammates if I'm already in the respawn screen. In that scenario, it can be better to just spawn a heavy weapon, Ghost or Banshee so you can get there before the boss gets killed while also being able to inflict some damage to get credit.
Yeah but see the thing is, we're talking about situations where the bosses aren't necessarily on low health. Haven't you ever been on Apex 7 at the end of round 4 when you're on that one side of the map, and then round 5 is the Grunt Goblin round on the other side of the map, and you want to fight it with a tank but it would take half the round just to lumber on over there with your Scorpion? That's the kind of thing we're talking about here.

If the bosses are low on health and your team can finish them off, then yes obviously you want to get there quickly with a Banshee or something, but the point is that there are some rounds where the best choice of vehicle depends more on how fast it can get you to the objective from where you are, rather than the effectiveness of the vehicle against the boss itself, which is silly. Allowing us to pick which base to spawn our vehicles out of in Warzone Firefight, no matter which req station we're at, would be a huge improvement and immensely beneficial.
Yeah but see the thing is, we're talking about situations where the bosses aren't necessarily on low health. Haven't you ever been on Apex 7 at the end of round 4 when you're on that one side of the map, and then round 5 is the Grunt Goblin round on the other side of the map, and you want to fight it with a tank but it would take half the round just to lumber on over there with your Scorpion? That's the kind of thing we're talking about here.

If the bosses are low on health and your team can finish them off, then yes obviously you want to get there quickly with a Banshee or something, but the point is that there are some rounds where the best choice of vehicle depends more on how fast it can get you to the objective from where you are, rather than the effectiveness of the vehicle against the boss itself, which is silly. Allowing us to pick which base to spawn our vehicles out of in Warzone Firefight, no matter which req station we're at, would be a huge improvement and immensely beneficial.
The Grunt round isn't that bad for distance if you take the shorter path or if you're already alive after round 4, but I know what you all are talking about. I quoted Zombie because he said he wasted so many vehicles, so I can only assume that the boss was already low on health or he had decent teammates because he could've did some damage to the boss before it died regardless of where he spawned unless time was an issue. I'd say the exceptions would be the round 5 Phantom, sometimes the 4 Hunters in the base and more rare the Grunt if someone gets a headshot on him. For your second point, I usually run to the armory or garage which is closest to the boss so I know I'll spawn a vehicle either there or the home base which is closest to it, but I agree that we should be able to choose which base we want to spawn things.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
USCRuss72 wrote:
I tell you what though, I have had some times where it will be round 5 and I'll pull a scorpion or mantis and it will spawn me inside the base with the bosses, usually when its 3 warden eternals inside a base with all thier supporting trash mobs. Usually ends in a destroyed vehicle, a full minute wasted and no more survival bonus
ZombieP1ow wrote:
USCRuss72 wrote:
I tell you what though, I have had some times where it will be round 5 and I'll pull a scorpion or mantis and it will spawn me inside the base with the bosses, usually when its 3 warden eternals inside a base with all thier supporting trash mobs. Usually ends in a destroyed vehicle, a full minute wasted and no more survival bonus
It gets buggy with vehicles aswell, leading to losing reqs. Even worse when those are legendary. I do not think 343 even compensates or cares, so I am uninstalling this game for good until halo 6 comes out.