Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

LOVING multiplayer, but a couple of things bug me.

OP LOL YAGRU

I really like the way the multiplayer is going. Despite the fact that there's no split between competitive and social, I faith that that will come later on.

However, there's a few things that I would like changed.

1. Promethean grenades shouldn't be in competitive matches.

I really think they're OP, there shouldn't be a grenade on a competitive game that disintegrates you on impact. It's almost as easy of a kill as martyrdom was in COD 4. It's highly annoying and ruins good fights at times.

2. Having unlimited sprint + Having to stop before your shield recharages.

I personally dislike this. I think there should be a certain limit on sprint, and your shields should be able to recharge while sprinting.

I'm sick of having to find somewhere to camp for 5-10 seconds while my shield recharges.

Does anyone else who loves or hates MP have any think they dislike that they want to share?
Edit
I just want to see more game modes and options in custom games. I respect your opinion, but I enjoy the unlimited sprint with the trade off that shields won't recharge, and the scatter grenades are pretty awesome. IMO. :)

All in all, I'm loving the game, but the lack of Split Screen, and having to wait for news on more options for custom games has me hopeful and worried at the same time. :)
Did they make the promethean grenades stronger than they were in H4? I haven't played H5, but the promethean grenades were rarely useful in H4.

As for the sprinting, I did my homework on H5 before release, unlike H4's release. The fact that sprinting was included in the game, I'm any form, was one of the handful of reasons I didn't(and wont) buy H5.
LOL YAGRU wrote:
I really like the way the multiplayer is going. Despite the fact that there's no split between competitive and social, I faith that that will come later on.

I really think they're OP, there shouldn't be a grenade on a competitive game that disintegrates you on impact. It's almost as easy of a kill as martyrdom was in COD 4. It's highly annoying and ruins good fights at times.

I personally dislike this. I think there should be a certain limit on sprint, and your shields should be able to recharge while sprinting.

I'm sick of having to find somewhere to camp for 5-10 seconds while my shield recharges.

Does anyone else who loves or hates MP have any think they dislike that they want to share?
1. Personally I love the promethean grenades now, they're actually useful now

2. I personally like how that's currently balanced
Willko wrote:
Did they make the promethean grenades stronger than they were in H4? I haven't played H5, but the promethean grenades were rarely useful in H4.

As for the sprinting, I did my homework on H5 before release, unlike H4's release. The fact that sprinting was included in the game, I'm any form, was one of the handful of reasons I didn't(and wont) buy H5.
Promethean grenades are similar to that of the Hunter grenade that tracks in Destiny now. They are pretty useful but the range from detention is limited IMO.

To add to the problems, you cannot jump and just melee accurately. If you try to jump and melee there is a fairly large frame delay from the button press to the action. I assume this is due to the fact that the ground pound was implemented. There needs to be a fix to this for sure. you are not able to jump down on someone and just melee or 'ninja' because of the delay. It's not impossible it's just counter intuitive.
tldr: I like the game, but I don't like the game.
I hate sprint limits in games. It's so annoying and halo needs to approach sprinting differently than other games for it to work.

In addition to the shield recharge delay, the first few seconds of sprinting are barely any faster than the already very fast base speed. During the ramp up time, getting shot cancels sprint.

It's designed to be near useless in combat/traveling short distances, and only really useful for traveling long distances which is a GOOD thing because it doesn't disrupt the flow of gameplay like it did in H4.
Yeah, I hated limited sprint in h4. I played campaign before h5 release and was absolutely annoyed when I couldn't sprint anymore. Overall, I find this game fun, but would like to see more variety of playlist added to mp. Maybe they will drop something on us this weekend, now that launch has see success.
I like that shield dont re charge whilst sprinting.
The only things I have a problem with is;
1. Lack of split-screen I live in a house with 3 other guys and we have spent so much time doing 2-4 player split screen with MCC.
2. Lack of variety in game modes and maps, especially the maps I swear I play the same map on a specified game type several times in a row.
Otherwise this might be my favorite Halo game yet. Though it is too soon to call, and Halo CE holds a special place for me.
Well the sprinting time thing makes an ok amount of sense to me and if they recharged while sprinting that would get probably really strong really fast, also I think they have an armor ability that does add that for a time period along with faster speed or something.
The only things I have a problem with is;
1. Lack of split-screen I live in a house with 3 other guys and we have spent so much time doing 2-4 player split screen with MCC.
2. Lack of variety in game modes and maps, especially the maps I swear I play the same map on a specified game type several times in a row.
Otherwise this might be my favorite Halo game yet. Though it is too soon to call, and Halo CE holds a special place for me.
Agreed! Especially the lack of variety at the moment is annoying as hell. Played the Rig so many times already I got bored of it ;)

Today it seems to be ctf on Truth that's on repeat for me :D
instead of tweaking, and changing, and altering the mechanics of, and trying to find a way to make sprinting work in Halo... Why not just scrap the mechanic entirely?
LOL YAGRU wrote:

Prefer to think of the promethean granades as instant plasma nades, if I get hit by it I was dead anyways and it's my fault for not using the thruster tool we r given to dodge the nade. But I can definitely see your frustration, been gibbed by them many times the past 2 days.

As for sprinting, Sprinting is relatively new to halo, imagine navigating warzone with out it... Think of how long the run takes from your base to anywhere in a BTB before sprint. If they allowed your shields to regen while sprinting that would offer players an escape that would be way too beneficial to do. You would always sprint and run, now you have to pick. Sprint to cover or move normally for a few seconds till they recharge.just another layer of complexity added to firefights