Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Lower resolution after Overtime Update?

OP Primus Ego Sum

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The game seems like it's running at a lower resolution after the Overtime update... everything is much blockier and more blurry than before. Did the game drop to 720p? Running on base Xbox One.
I noticed a few textures in the warzone menus that did seem a little lower quality. Not sure if it's just some sort of placebo though. It may have always been like that and I just didn't notice until now.
Yeah, I came here looking to see if anyone else had this problem. Seems like a frame rate drop, maybe.
It seems from a distance everything has gotten a tid bit more blurry than before. Likely accidental.

Inb4 someone comes up with the wack theory that 343 did this intentionally so people would buy a Xbox one X.
Only difference i found was that the brightness was a lot less, had to bump my brightness up to 4. 3 just looked so dark now.
Yes, yes! Thank goodness I am not the only one. I thought I was imagining things. The lighting seems to be lower, and one thing I really noticed in the post game stats, when looking at the Magnum as the Tool of Destruction, it was kind of blurry compared to before and even compared to the other weapons now.

I was using my ASUS monitor. I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't think changing my video settings will help either.
Same here
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Yes, yes! Thank goodness I am not the only one. I thought I was imagining things. The lighting seems to be lower, and one thing I really noticed in the post game stats, when looking at the Magnum as the Tool of Destruction, it was kind of blurry compared to before and even compared to the other weapons now.

I was using my ASUS monitor. I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't think changing my video settings will help either.
Im sitting about 15 feet away from a 52" tv and i havent noticed a difference so far. I played about 20 or so WZFF games since the update but Ill try to pay a little more attention next time i play.
Hey I moved this over here since the other one got locked. Sorry bout that stckrboy. I know I should have just reported instead of posted. I was getting round to it. ;)

Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me
It is different absolutely. I noticed it as soon as I started the game after the update.
Im not trying to say anyone is wrong or lying im just saying that it looks the same to me. Ive noticed some framerate drops but everything else looks normal. Ive mainly just been playing FF and that doesnt really take a lot of focus so i may have just not paid attention. What exactly looks different and i will rake another look.
Oh I know you weren't saying he was lying or anything, but if you know you have issues in that area I thought commenting on this was a little unnecessary. It helps to provide context otherwise your one sentence is telling those of us who are experiencing it that maybe we are imagining it somehow.

Anyway, the main thing I noticed right off the bat is that overall when I am in the lobby and looking at my Spartan it is significantly darker. Also, in my post game stats, with my Magnum as the Tool of Destruction, the Magnum itself looks blurry. That's all I noticed so far.

It just seems odd to me that the graphics/resolution would change for those of us who don't have an XBX. Heck, they aren't even out yet. I was under the impression that the XBX 4K stuff would have nothing to do with us non 4K users.
about 6 feet away from my 60" TV here and it's painful to look at :(

Fortunately I have an X1X coming on Tuesday but it's bad enough I switched back to the MCC for now. I can't handle the jaggies.

I wonder if they forgot to disable on base hardware whatever 4k updates they put in place for the X1X
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Hey I moved this over here since the other one got locked. Sorry bout that stckrboy. I know I should have just reported instead of posted. I was getting round to it. ;)
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me
But if you have bad eyesight how can you tell? It is different absolutely. I noticed it as soon as I started the game after the update.
Im not trying to say anyone is wrong or lying im just saying that it looks the same to me. Ive noticed some framerate drops but everything else looks normal. Ive mainly just been playing FF and that doesnt really take a lot of focus so i may have just not paid attention. What exactly looks different and i will rake another look.
Oh I know you weren't saying he was lying or anything, but if you know you have issues in that area I thought commenting on this was a little unnecessary. It helps to provide context otherwise your one sentence is telling those of us who are experiencing it that maybe we are imagining it somehow.

Anyway, the main thing I noticed right off the bat is that overall when I am in the lobby and looking at my Spartan it is significantly darker. Also, in my post game stats, with my Magnum as the Tool of Destruction, the Magnum itself looks blurry. That's all I noticed so far.

It just seems odd to me that the graphics/resolution would change for those of us who don't have an XBX. Heck, they aren't even out yet. I was under the impression that the XBX 4K stuff would have nothing to do with us non 4K users.
Nothing in game yet?
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me
But if you have bad eyesight how can you tell? It is different absolutely. I noticed it as soon as I started the game after the update.

Nothing in game yet?
Not really, but when I play again tonight I will pay more attention. Plus I am curious if it also looks different on my TV. I haven't played there yet since the update.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me

Nothing in game yet?
Not really, but when I play again tonight I will pay more attention. Plus I am curious if it also looks different on my TV. I haven't played there yet since the update.
I see it in the menu now but i honestly like it better darker.

Pre patch screenshot
Post patch screenshot
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me

Nothing in game yet?

Pre patch screenshotPost patch screenshot
I kind of do too, but that's not what I don't like. I don't like the fact that we were told all this graphics stuff was for 4K only, right? Am I missing something? Did they say it would affect us as well? Also I really wish I had a screenshot of the Magnum in the stats pre update, because that is what I really don't like. I know this is a little thing, but it's there and I don't think it should be.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
It looks the same to me

Nothing in game yet?

Pre patch screenshotPost patch screenshot
I kind of do too, but that's not what I don't like. I don't like the fact that we were told all this graphics stuff was for 4K only, right? Am I missing something? Did they say it would affect us as well? Also I really wish I had a screenshot of the Magnum in the stats pre update, because that is what I really don't like. I know this is a little thing, but it's there and I don't think it should be.
I would imagine that when they did the overhaul for 4k they would touch up the game for non X players also. I still dont see a noticable drop in resolution quality that people are saying and im actually looking for it now.
Don't Know about the resolution, but I did notice it was quite a bit darker. Gonna have to bump up the lighting...
Lighting is without a doubt different. But I too have noticed a more blocky feel it seemed to be most present on grifball. The lighting I'll just have to get used to but this lower resolution or whatever it is needs to be undone because it feels like something is wrong with the match.
Lighting was darker for me as well. Didn't notice the blur as much.
The weapon tuning will take way more getting used to than any visual adjustments.
Experiencing the same thing. The render resolution has been decreased since the update. No question about it. Call me cynical, but it's a nice way to make 4k Halo look better than it actually is in comparison to the 'old' halo 5...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3