[Locked] Lowest Rated Halo Of All Time

OP Wpns Grade NG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
Halo 5 is the lowest rated Halo game of all time, which is disappointing. ( Only counting the core games of course)

Halo 1 Metacritic score - 97
Halo 2 Metacritic score - 95
Halo 3 Metacritic score - 94
Halo Reach Metacritic score -91
Halo 4 Metacritic score - 87
Halo 5 Metacritic score - 86
lol, people get pretty worked up over reviews. Like, some people are taking it personally. So weird to me.
And these review scores should matter... Why?
I might be crazy here, but I'd put more stock in what the reviewer actually wrote as context for the numbers they used rather than just a number itself.
Who cares.
Halo 5 is the lowest rated Halo game of all time, which is disappointing. ( Only counting the core games of course)

Halo 5 Metacritic score - 85 (And it's still dropping )
FYI it is not still dropping, would take that part out if I were you
Because they reflect the quality of the product. Obviously. Look at Tony Hawk 5. Look at Destiny. They are proper indications of quality.
Most of the reviews haven't come in. The major publications have held off until they get to play the multiplayer on public servers.
I've seen some reviews from publications I've never heard of before posted on N4G but honestly they've always been pretty anti Xbox.
Destructoid has always had an anti Xbox slant to them as well.
Not saying the game is amazing or anything, I haven't played it yet and I do have my concerns regarding it. Games Radar and IGN both didn't say great things about the campaign either. And IGN confirmed that Locke is absolutely the main character. So I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to like this game.
But if the review scores are low, lets not pretend they don't matter just because we're fans of the series.
I have yet to read anything from any "gaming journalist" that makes me think that "gaming journalists" know their own -Yoink- from their elbow.
It's quite ridiculous, isn't it?
This looks far and away to be the best one since 3.
I've spent most of my day reading the various reviews, and it's like these people forgot how to review games.
News Flash: Just because you personally don't understand the lore, doesn't mean it's a bad game or a bad story.
In fact, reviewing something on the basis of YOUR lack of understanding is insanely unprofessional.
Games are getting high standards compared to the beginning. And in the big picture, it doesn't mean it's a bad game
Erik L wrote:
Because they reflect the quality of the product. Obviously. Look at Tony Hawk 5. Look at Destiny. They are proper indications of quality.
True, but I still find Destiny to be fun. Nowhere near the promised game Bungie hyped it up to be, but I'm rarely bored with it.
You can't compare the games in terms of reviews. Different reviewers, different time. It's really not apples to apples.

Of course, if the reviews are what really matters, then maybe we should be playing Destiny (year 2) or Metal Gear V.
H5 is about even with Fifa 16, so I think we're in good company. Again, not really an apples to apples comparison, is it? Personally, all that matters is what you think, and if you're having fun. If that disappoints you, just remember that expectation is a required precursor for disappointment. I expected a Halo game. That's it.
Because lets be honest, I bet if this game were getting tons of 10/10s or whatever, people would be praising the hell out of those scores. Whereas when that is not the case, people start saying "Oh, who cares about review scores". People can be a bunch of hypocrites when something doesn't fall into their favor in the end.
It should be higher than H4. But not Reach.
343 has a lot of stigma surrounding it after H4 and MCC. Not surprised.
Oh no a game got a bad review? Well time to stop playing it like that Destiny game that came out last year. What's the population? A couple million? Damn such a low number
The pure rating says nothing about a game. People set different priorities and if someone does favor the multiplayer but you are a campaign guy their rating (good or bad) should not influence you in any way. Look for the people with the same mindset like yours when it comes to games and don´t hype a game to high before you get it because then it´s almost guaranteed to dissapoint you.
lol, people get pretty worked up over reviews. Like, some people are taking it personally. So weird to me.
Almost word for word what I was going to say ^^ (almost creepily).

Halo 5 Metacritic score - 85 (And it's still dropping )
As you can see the scores have continuously dropped since CE so it should not be a surprised.

I might be crazy here, but I'd put more stock in what the reviewer actually wrote as context for the numbers they used rather than just a number itself.
The number is supposed to be a TL;DR.
All kids under the age of 13 are waiting for the Angry Joe review lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32