2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 32
I'll let my experience with the game tell me how much I enjoy it.
Its just a number and the personal opinion of someone else not yours get over it lol, if you like the game you like it if you dont then you dont lmao
Scores are one person's opinion. Someone doesn't like my Mother's lasagna, I don't freak out.

"Whaddya mean her lasagna tastes like -Yoink-?!?!??!?!"
Ino my opinion the score of a game is not a indication of quality look at destiny good game play but when first released the story was severely lacking up until the release of the past 3 DLCs just my opinion
Two things, Reviews tend to say that piles of dirt like cod are like 9/10 so they are far from an accurate measure of quality... also I prefer to play the game and form my own opinion and not be a sheep.
I never listen to reviews, i'll rather play it and judge it for myself
Halo 5 is the lowest rated Halo game of all time, which is disappointing. ( Only counting the core games of course)

Halo 1 Metacritic score - 97
Halo 2 Metacritic score - 95
Halo 3 Metacritic score - 94
Halo Reach Metacritic score -91
Halo 4 Metacritic score - 87
Halo 5 Metacritic score - 85 (And it's still dropping )
It's barely coming out Numbnuts LOL
Reading through all the reviews. They all share the same theme. "Campaign is confusing for newcomers." If that's their only reason for giving it a -Yoink- score, then I don't care. I'm not a newcomer, and everyone is loving the multi.
Yep I have seen that quite a bit and I find it to be a ridiculous reason to knock off points. It doesn't actually speak to the quality of the story, rather it speaks only to the accessibility. There are so many Halo Lore wiki's out there. You don't need to be a Halo lore junkie to understand the story. If you are a newcomer, go take 10 minutes and catch up on the basics and that should be more than enough. I am glad 343 didn't make this game for the newcomers. It is the 5th installment in the series and should be treated as such.
i need to see for my self when I play the game
I'm just ignoring reviews because it doesn't matter if is low or high review i enjoy and love the halo franchise campaign awsome and multiplayer enjoyable and lots of fun
can't wait until I get my hands on halo 5 today at midnight
well they said they wanted to add characters and expand. I mean they killed off several, they need new ones to replace.
I think Halo 5 should be placed above Reach and 4, but below 1-3.

Based off MP, since I haven't played H5 campaign.
cant wait to play!!
First of all, it has only been 12 hours since the review embargo lol. Second of all, the vast majority of those reviews are based solely on the SP and have little or no emphasis on the multiplayer. Third of all, pretty much all the major outlets are holding out reviews until the servers go live, but from their "reviews in progress" they all praise the game significantly. Even if you are someone who goes by reviews usually, I wouldn't worry.
It's quite ridiculous, isn't it?
This looks far and away to be the best one since 3.
I've spent most of my day reading the various reviews, and it's like these people forgot how to review games.
News Flash: Just because you personally don't understand the lore, doesn't mean it's a bad game or a bad story.
In fact, reviewing something on the basis of YOUR lack of understanding is insanely unprofessional.
I totally agree
I figure at some point Locke and Chief will be working together. trailers are so misleading sometimes. turning Chief into a traitor would kill the series at least for me. plus there's the Cortana and how/if she reappears.
This is also over a period of a decade and a half so I'm sure the way and extent to which they are reviewed has changed.
ratings arent everything....
alebottix wrote:
It's quite ridiculous, isn't it?
This looks far and away to be the best one since 3.
I've spent most of my day reading the various reviews, and it's like these people forgot how to review games.
News Flash: Just because you personally don't understand the lore, doesn't mean it's a bad game or a bad story.
In fact, reviewing something on the basis of YOUR lack of understanding is insanely unprofessional.
I totally agree
Yea same here totally agree
I will as well, but that doesn't mean I cannot find some enjoyment in taking part in this discussion. It is relevant, and speaks to the state of gaming reviews on a number of levels. Anytime gamers come together to discuss games and the state of the industry that is a good thing. We need informed, educated gamers out there who are paying attention and who are not willing to throw $20 bucks at the screen for emotes. We need gamers that understand development cycles and marketing and how that impacts the end product. We need gamers to stop pre-ordering DLC and Season passes and we need them to call out poor media outlets that consistently deliver garbage reviews that are often agenda driven.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 32