2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 32
Problem with ranking and rating a game like this is there is always a bias toward earlier installments, especially if they were very very good. The biggest problem I have heard with halo 5 is that the campaign requires knowledge of some Halo lore/history. Other than that I have heard great things.
why waste your time worrying about the score that halo gets, we are clearly all fans here and your opinion of the game is the only one that should matter
Halo 5 is the lowest rated Halo game of all time, which is disappointing. ( Only counting the core games of course)

Halo 1 Metacritic score - 97
Halo 2 Metacritic score - 95
Halo 3 Metacritic score - 94
Halo Reach Metacritic score -91
Halo 4 Metacritic score - 87
Halo 5 Metacritic score - 85 (And it's still dropping )
You do realize that no one listens to Metacritic. Everyone listens to IGN, Gamespot. GT Reviews, Angry Joe, etc.
Oh IGN...... You can't spell ignorant without IGN. Seriously though, they have extremely unreliable reviews and I'm willing to bet a fair number of their "reviews" are paid for. I'd be more willing to trust other independent YouTube reviewers over IGN any day. That's just my opinion though.
Arparagus wrote:
Metacritic is the absolute worst way to gauge how good a game is. Even IGN is better.
Agreed. McCaferty (sp) should be weighing in soon...IGN spain has their review up so I would imagine sometime tomorrow his should hit. Hopefully if Metacritic truly does "weight" reviews, IGN should be one of the heavier ones.
Reviews always look at a game negativity and alot of the times i have found that they are wrong its just your opinion
bruh
Review aggregators like Metacritic are a messy business. To point out one little wrench in the gears, Halo 1 has 68 reviews listed on Metacritic, some of which are from years after the release; Halo 5 has 45 reviews listed on Metacritic which I would expect to all be very recent. Even if Halo 5 was the best game in the series, I wouldn't expect anyone to come back to it years later out of nostalgia, because it wasn't the start of something in the way that Halo 1 was. Of course, maybe it's true that Halo 1 has lasting value in a way that Halo 5 doesn't. If we're going to go solely by reviews, then we can come back and answer that question in a few years' time; until then, there isn't sufficient parity to compare the scores themselves.

I think that individual reviews have value even if you disagree with them, but review aggregators are imprecise. If most of a game's reviews are negative and you can rule out undue outside influence, then it's probably not a good game. If most of a game's reviews are positive and you can rule out undue outside influence, then it's probably a good game. Beyond that, you're not likely to get much meaning out of an aggregator.

Entr0p1k wrote:
Game reviews still have a long way to go. For such a lucrative industry there is still such little talent in most of the major gaming outlets in terms of objective analysis and critical writing.
Critics aren't meant to be objective sources for information on a video game because video games, like all artistic works, can only be interpreted subjectively. Rather, they're meant to try and give an impression of the game that is detailed and insightful: good reviews will state and explain an opinion, and even if a reader disagrees with the opinion itself, they can still judge the game based on the factors that led to that opinion.
That's there thoughts on the game to me it is not the lowest and my opinion of the game is 9of10
They're taking a lot of leaps forward with this one. People are going to knock it because of it. But the problem is if they don't change anything it'll be very stale and iterative. So the goal is to retain the same feeling of gameplay while improving and adding new content. Ultimately the final review will be your own opinion when you put down the controller after a frag session with friends.
Where did you get these results? not mad just curious, everywhere I look it says Halo 5 is great some going as far to say it competes with halo 2 & 3.
Based on score. Really ??? So if I give a review and gave it a 4 out of 10 because I'm a fan boy or hater and I don't like this or that or the game sucked because it don't play like my favorite shooter and post it to metacritic review. It going to bring the review score down. Should u follow that ??? Hell, they going to kill me if I do that . Review can be manipulated and doesn't always get it right. This happen every times to any games. Or else how the heck did Halo 2 get a 95 despite it have a disappointing campaign (For some people) and Halo 3 get a 94 despite the campaign felt short and lackluster (For some people). See, this is opinion and everyone have one. Play it for your self and see if u like it or not.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I could care less what a reviewer has to say about a game....even a movie. I'll play or watch it myself and be my own critic. More often than not it's still a great game/movie.
The best way to judge the quality of the game is to just play it yourself. It's all down to what you like personally in the end.
It's quite ridiculous, isn't it?
This looks far and away to be the best one since 3.
I've spent most of my day reading the various reviews, and it's like these people forgot how to review games.
News Flash: Just because you personally don't understand the lore, doesn't mean it's a bad game or a bad story.
In fact, reviewing something on the basis of YOUR lack of understanding is insanely unprofessional.
That's what really blew my mind.
Who cares about the critics! Play the game and make up your own mind! I've found tons of games and movies that the "critics" hate but I enjoyed them! Why are you listening to other ppl say opinions? What? You can't think and make delicious for yourself!
Problem with ranking and rating a game like this is there is always a bias toward earlier installments, especially if they were very very good. The biggest problem I have heard with halo 5 is that the campaign requires knowledge of some Halo lore/history. Other than that I have heard great things.
To be honest its the 5th main game, if you lack knowledge of the lore than the problem lies with you not the game. There are literally thousands of videos that can fill you in on everything you need to know in under an hour. If someone cant take the time to brush up on the lore that's their problem, 343i shouldn't have to dumb down or completely change an otherwise great story just because some people don't know how to read or watch a youtube vid.
And? Halo CE came out in a time with many fewer game options. Now shooters are the most plentiful genre. Halo doesn't stand out to some people, and that's fine.

But let's just take a look at the other Halo scores. What percentage of Halo fans would rank the games best to worst in the same order as those scores would indicate?

I think that number is very small. And a handful of larger publications are holding their scores until the MP servers are up and they can weigh in on the server launch experience.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I like how the games from the NEW company doing halo are rated low, if you look back on it halo for the xbox wasnt that good to begin with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 32