2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 32
Well I think a 87 is fair score because halo 5 is nothing like halo 1-3 so it should not even count as a core game.
Halo 5 belongs in the category where halo 4 is.
Other Halo Games: Reach,Halo 4,and Halo 5.
Halo 5 is the lowest rated Halo game of all time, which is disappointing. ( Only counting the core games of course)

Halo 1 Metacritic score - 97
Halo 2 Metacritic score - 95
Halo 3 Metacritic score - 94
Halo Reach Metacritic score -91
Halo 4 Metacritic score - 87
Halo 5 Metacritic score - 85 (And it's still dropping )
You do realize that no one listens to Metacritic. Everyone listens to IGN, Gamespot. GT Reviews, Angry Joe, etc.
Oh IGN...... You can't spell ignorant without IGN. Seriously though, they have extremely unreliable reviews and I'm willing to bet a fair number of their "reviews" are paid for. I'd be more willing to trust other independent YouTube reviewers over IGN any day. That's just my opinion though.
oh you would win that bet, IGN is pretty much the mouth piece of EA. But the gaming media in general is very much controlled, just like the regular TV media, just take a look at how they all react to Star Citizen, and they are doing so at the behest of their corporate masters, because Chris Roberts violated the rules, he financed it with the people's money and publishing it himself. He didn't go through a big publisher, didn't go through a big developer, and decided to do it himself, and that it's succeding, and constantly making progress, not being shot through at lightning fast pace, but actually taking the time to do it right, not taking the "let's just get it out the door and we can patch it later, attitude." like some other publishers we know (*cough*EA*cough*)

And that angers the publishers, because they need people to think that without them the game industry would come crashing down, when in reality they are kept in their places of power essentially on a stack of lies.
Who cares.
Yeah I agree Reviews aren't always right everyone likes different stuff
Well, just to put this in perspective...

A review on Forbes is calling it "[t]he best Halo yet."

So don't worry. Opinions are all across the board.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenreck/2015/10/26/review-halo-5-guardians-is-the-best-halo-yet/
From what I've read in the reviews, there seems that there's a lot of nitpicking going on.

For example "The game's graphics are amazing but if you look really close at the ground in level 3 you will notice some plain textures which is why we are deducting some points from the review". Complete BS.

Either way, the only review site's opinion that I respect is GT and they haven't given a score yet but their impressions seem to say that it's a great game.
MAXHALO369 wrote:
Problem with ranking and rating a game like this is there is always a bias toward earlier installments, especially if they were very very good. The biggest problem I have heard with halo 5 is that the campaign requires knowledge of some Halo lore/history. Other than that I have heard great things.
To be honest its the 5th main game, if you lack knowledge of the lore than the problem lies with you not the game. There are literally thousands of videos that can fill you in on everything you need to know in under an hour. If someone cant take the time to brush up on the lore that's their problem, 343i shouldn't have to dumb down or completely change an otherwise great story just because some people don't know how to read or watch a youtube vid.
Bingo...Max FTW.

The dumbing down of story telling in gaming is troubling on a number of different levels.
Erik L wrote:
And these review scores should matter... Why?
Because they reflect the quality of the product. Obviously. Look at Tony Hawk 5. Look at Destiny. They are proper indications of quality.
But that's the reviewers own opinion on the game. Even though people gave Destiny a 7/10 people still enjoy the game, so someone's opinion should effect our view of the game?
If I like it.......I like it, don't need any one to tell me what i should like , Destiny was 6-7 and I still play and enjoy it, I expect I will enjoy Halo as well, plus look at all the games that they gave great scores to that have tanked ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Titanfall anyone still playing that ? Hardline, severs are empty more ppl play Battlefield 4 so going with the next big hyped game doesn't mean good game play
Illyxa39 wrote:
Well I think a 87 is fair score because halo 5 is nothing like halo 1-3 so it should not even count as a core game.
Halo 5 belongs in the category where halo 4 is.
Other Halo Games: Reach,Halo 4,and Halo 5.
How is ANY score fair, it's not even out yet??!!!

And what the heck do you mean 'Core' game, it is a core game, it's part of it's own trilogy. Halo 1,2,3 was it's own trilogy, Halo 4,5,6 are it's own trilogy, it isn't an off shoot or a side bar like ODST or Reach.
Who gives a -Yoink- if don't like it, don't play it & stop -Yoinking!- about it.
Kind of question the motives of some of the reviews. Click bait pops into my mind reading some of them.

Want views? Slam a popular new game title. Fanboys and trolls engage... Weapons hot. Comments and traffic skyrocket.

I can think of a few movies that got horrible reviews yet topped the box office sales. Think the last transformer movie was like that. Let's face it... You aren't going to that movie for a Oscar worthy performance from the actors. You are probably just there to watch big robots blow stuff up.

Good review bad review. Doesn't matter much to me. I'll be shooting aliens in their grubby little mugs at launch and then off to multiplayer. And in a few weeks I might care enough to look at the reviews again.
I can't really say because this is going to be the 1st Halo I've played. I hope I'm not missing out on a lot by not playing the others don't wanna be to lost in the campaign lol
But I'm super excited to dive into the multiplayer looks like its gonna be fun
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Reviews never mattered to me. I have not once read a review prior to buying a game. If I like what I see, I buy it. The same goes in this case. -Yoink- metacritic.
I'm just gonna throw this out there, if you look at the descending order of halo "scores," every halo game received a worse score than the last. I liked Halo 3 WAAAY more than I liked Halo CE, so I agree with what pretty much every other spartan is saying, "who cares?" People aren't even judging Halo on what it is, they're just being knit-picky douchenozzles. Did I REALLY hear someone complain that you have to find out what's going on from outside sources? I mean, it's a friggin' SPACE EPIC! Most of these reviews are lazy, and catering to what the main audience wants to hear. "To all the people buying a PS4, it's not worth buying an Xbox for Halo." Right now, that's where the market is. PS4 is outselling xbox, and as a result, people want to hear that Xbox is still worthless, but...it's not. So how do you keep your public happy instead of buyers remorse? Knock their best games. I have yet to find an insightful review that wasn't revolving around "I get bored easily, and I don't really want to know anything about Halo" But hey, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
I like to look at the reviews, professional gamers who probably have plaid more games than me know what they ware talking about. Does this mean the game wont be fun, i don't think soim still playing it. Some game sites only have played the story mode so far anyway.
The only review that matters to me is my review.
The valuations are so low in contrast to the other parts is of course sad for the developers .
But I 'm looking forward and know that I will have months of fun in Halo 5. =)
Tell that to the covenant
Also keep in mind that pretty much every reviewer praised the MP as being the best in the series.

So it being the lowest rated halo game is a stretch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 32