Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Make Announcer Options for both Arena and Warzone

OP Lorient Avandi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Not sure if this has been brought up, but I'd really like to see the option for announcers, for those who got the Voices of War REQ pack, be able to be set individually between Warzone and Arena. I never get tired of hearing good ol' Jeff Steitzer, but want some variety in Warzone instead of just Palmer, and would prefer not having to switch my settings every time I switch between the two modes. Would anyone else like this option as well. Ignoring my situation, for example someone else may want Exuberant for Arena, and Buck for Warzone, and vice versa.
Yeah I really want this feature too I hate hearing palmer in warzone so I switch to one of the other announcers but when I go to play some arena I like Jeff as my announcer but I forget to switch sometimes and I hate when I do
Yeah I really want this feature too I hate hearing palmer in warzone so I switch to one of the other announcers but when I go to play some arena I like Jeff as my announcer but I forget to switch sometimes and I hate when I do
Exactly my point. I mean because he is so good, and because there are so many more things said in Arena by the announcer, Jeff doesnt need variety quite as much as Palmer, who has very limited dialogue in Warzone
Exactly my point. I mean because he is so good, and because there are so many more things said in Arena by the announcer, Jeff doesnt need variety quite as much as Palmer, who has very limited dialogue in Warzone
Yeah ik what they could do to help is to maybe separate Jeff and palmer as 2 different announcers I know I would like that
Why did they even as palmer? I totally agree with this though, good idea.
I literally made the exact same comment to a friend about 30 minutes ago. Jeff fits for Arena perfectly, Buck and Yabda and Exuberant are perfect diversity for Warzone.
I literally made the exact same comment to a friend about 30 minutes ago. Jeff fits for Arena perfectly, Buck and Yabda and Exuberant are perfect diversity for Warzone.
Completely agree. Can't imagine it would be difficult to do, I mean I'm sure the brunt of the work was patching the feature in in the first place. And for those who would still rather have any of those 3 for arena, they'd still be able to
You are joking right Sarah Palmer should be your only option for warzone even if you have the pack.
There is a bug where if you use any of the announcers you may get stuck in the black loading screen that's before a match, and be forced to dashboard to the xbox screen resulting to a DNF.
Not sure if this has been brought up, but I'd really like to see the option for announcers, for those who got the Voices of War REQ pack, be able to be set individually between Warzone and Arena. I never get tired of hearing good ol' Jeff Steitzer, but want some variety in Warzone instead of just Palmer, and would prefer not having to switch my settings every time I switch between the two modes. Would anyone else like this option as well. Ignoring my situation, for example someone else may want Exuberant for Arena, and Buck for Warzone, and vice versa.
Best forum post of the year!
JohnDang55 wrote:
You are joking right Sarah Palmer should be your only option for warzone even if you have the pack.
There is a bug where if you use any of the announcers you may get stuck in the black loading screen that's before a match, and be forced to dashboard to the xbox screen resulting to a DNF.
No definitely not joking, and have never experienced that bug
I'd like to see this.
Yeah, I have been wanting this since they came out.
I'd love to be able to select for Arena and Warzone separately, not sure why it wasn't implemented.

JohnDang55 wrote:
Since when was this linked to the voice over being used in Warzone? I know the exact issue your speaking about, plagues me almost every day. At least one person in a 6-man Fireteam will get hit with it every few games.
So I thought this for quite some time as well, and then I just left it as is, with Buck for both WZ and Arena. Now there are some things he does say in Arena, and Jeff is the announcer we know and love; I have been loving his Arena dialogue and glad I have kept it. He makes me laugh, "Ooooo, that one made me pucker a little."! I don't even remember what that was in reference to, but I hope to hear it again.
Buck is my new Jeff!😉
xS415x wrote:
I'd love to be able to select for Arena and Warzone separately, not sure why it wasn't implemented.

JohnDang55 wrote:
Since when was this linked to the voice over being used in Warzone? I know the exact issue your speaking about, plagues me almost every day. At least one person in a 6-man Fireteam will get hit with it every few games.
I haven't been playing much arena, so can't rrally say much about it but the black loading screen I am only getting bugged for warzone games whenever I use any of the announcers. I know for certain that the problem is gone when I go back to the standard announcer.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
So I thought this for quite some time as well, and then I just left it as is, with Buck for both WZ and Arena. Now there are some things he does say in Arena, and Jeff is the announcer we know and love; I have been loving his Arena dialogue and glad I have kept it. He makes me laugh, "Ooooo, that one made me pucker a little."! I don't even remember what that was in reference to, but I hope to hear it again.
Buck is my new Jeff!😉
Yeah, sadly not the case for me. I currently have it on Buck, but I curse myself every game I play because I continuously intend to change the announcer, but repeatedly forget. Exuberant has been my favorite out of the new ones for Arena. For me personally, the few times where Buck is admittedly funny, are not worth the rest of the times when he annoys me. (Which honestly surprised me because I am such a big Buck and Nathan Fillion fan)
JohnDang55 wrote:
o...m...g... You are my hero man. I've been getting this bug since... I bought the voice pack! My friends and I wondered why it was always me. Well... one of them finally got the voice pack and it's sometimes him now... sometimes me... and NEVER the friend that still doesn't have pack.

I can 99.6% confirm this bug.

Thank you!
JohnDang55 wrote:
xS415x wrote:

JohnDang55 wrote:
I haven't been playing much arena, so can't rrally say much about it but the black loading screen I am only getting bugged for warzone games whenever I use any of the announcers. I know for certain that the problem is gone when I go back to the standard announcer.
Same here. Ever since I switched back to the default announcer in WZ I've yet to black screen.
Hope they fix this soon..
JohnDang55 wrote:
xS415x wrote:

JohnDang55 wrote:
Same here. Ever since I switched back to the default announcer in WZ I've yet to black screen.
Does anyone know if 343 knows about this bug?
J Teeps wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
xS415x wrote:

JohnDang55 wrote:
Does anyone know if 343 knows about this bug?
Yes. I saw a reply in another thread where they mentioned that they're aware of the bug and are working on it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2