Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Make Castle Wars Permanent

OP Dark Cobra

Remove Grifball make Castle Wars permanent!!
Castle Wars is now a rotational playlist, it'll eventually return in the future.
Dark Cobra wrote:
Remove Grifball make Castle Wars permanent!!
While i also love castle wars, the rotational playlist has actually breathed a ton of life into those playlists as they are up for a short time only. Before Grifball was removed as a permanent, it was difficult to consistently find matches. I was able to play all last night with minimal wait time and it's not even the featured playlist right now. I'm guessing that castle wars will be back before the end of October. It is very popular and they are try to get it in quite regularly
Castle Wars is one of the Top rotational options, so it should show back up for a 2 week period every 8 weeks or so.
Whats this weeks rotational?
Roaming King!

A custom community mode! Hell Yeah!
eLantern wrote:
Roaming King!

What is that? its new. Like crazy king or freight?
eLantern wrote:
Roaming King!

It's a KotH game so kind of like them, but different in that the hill is constantly moving. Not like Crazy King moving, but seemlessly gliding on a set path around the map. Roaming King is basically a refined version of an older custom mode called Warpath. Read about Roaming King HERE. You can see and read about the old version called Warpath HERE.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Roaming King!

It's a KotH game so kind of like them, but different in that the hill is constantly moving. Not like Crazy King moving, but seemlessly gliding on a set path around the map. Roaming King is basically a refined version of an older custom mode called Warpath. Read about Roaming King HERE. You can see and read about the old version called Warpath HERE.
Was actually just reading the news update. Sounds cool.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Roaming King!

Yeah. I had been hoping that the Warpath mode might get adopted into the Action Sack playlist at some point, but an improved version of the mode that's been given its own rotational playlist is perhaps an even better outcome. I'm excited to try it out.
I like Castle Wars too but sadly the fun games types like Action Sack, Griffball, Castle Wars are stuck on a frustrating rotation since I prefer to play them all when I need a break from overly competitive modes plus WZ can repetitive. Plus oddly they don't even seem to refresh Action Sack anymore so the playlist get's a bit old with some bad game types like the one where you just press a button for 5 minutes (I forget the name)
I like castle wars but it needs much more. Every map is pretty much the same, not enough stickies, it's only boost and ground pound, and needs way more turrets. I think it's good that it's a rotational playlist as it keeps it fresh for the next time I play it and CW's needs more to be non-rotational.
I feel like Griffball should stay, but it would be great to at least see Castle Wars more often.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Roaming King!

Yeah. I had been hoping that the Warpath mode might get adopted into the Action Sack playlist at some point, but an improved version of the mode that's been given its own rotational playlist is perhaps an even better outcome. I'm excited to try it out.
Playing Warpath on Doom 2016 was really fun, it's nice to see halo 5 adopt this, and i hope they add roaming King for halo Infinite as well

I'd play this mode but I'm hooked on the new Spiderman game
Agree, Castle Wars is very entertaining