Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Make infection losses count as ties

OP Arc Trooper 48

Since only 1 guy can win out 12, 343 should change the losses to ties like in previous games. That way, there wouldn't be a ton of losses on your service record. I used to have a 51% win ratio, but it has now dropped to 49%. So 343 please change the losses in infection to ties.
No, that would be silly.

Perhaps make the top 3 places count as victories though?
No, that would be silly.

No it wouldn't. It's a social playlist. I want to have fun instead of having fight for a win. If you want to win, you need to hunt the infected or be in a really good spot with a really good weapon.
A tie still affects your win % does it not?
if I get 1 win 1 tie 1 loss, I win 33%
if I have 1 win 2 losses, I still only win 33%?

Or or is there something else I'm missing?
Infection should record stats at all unless it's kept separate from the rest of your statsvintage a social stats list..... it's a social game mode and it's silly that it records losses for everyone but 1 player. It isn't like FFA where you have a somewhat decent chance at victory
No, that would be silly.

No it wouldn't. It's a social playlist. I want to have fun instead of having fight for a win. If you want to win, you need to hunt the infected or be in a really good spot with a really good weapon.
Then it shouldn't affect Arena stats. Seriously, how hasn't 343 solved this yet?
Kihn x ju wrote:

I thought a tie didn't count as anything.
Kihn x ju wrote:

Well in sports if you tie your win % goes down. I would assume it would carry into a video game but idk. An the % is kinda off maybe on how a tie gets factored in. But it certainly doesn't leave the win % the same. But 343 could do what ever they wanted I guess on favoriting in a tie
I thought of this, then I thought ah who cares, it's fun! And more sweet when you do win.
Okay, to be clear: stats do not matter. Not. One. Bit. Not even remotely. Like at all.

So with that said I realize that stats can be fun to look at and really the best thing would just be to have grouping options. You could look at your overall stats which include everything. You could look at Arena, or just infection, or just break out, or breakout and snipers together, or infection and Warzone, etc. Just put a check box next to every mode and click the ones you want to see. That's my take.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

Well in sports if you tie your win % goes down. I would assume it would carry into a video game but idk. An the % is kinda off maybe on how a tie gets factored in. But it certainly doesn't leave the win % the same. But 343 could do what ever they wanted I guess on favoriting in a tie
Oh I think it might just count the win/loss ratio.
I thought in prior games the top 50% win. At least in social games.
Not worth trying to reach the top in this mode. Kill, survive, and infect matters the most.