Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Marine AI in Warzone needs some fixes

OP ROGUE SNIPER 10

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok so marines are pretty easy targets considering the fact that they have no shields and a headshot kills them instantly. So i think to balance them 343i should make there AI a bit smarter. Insteading standing still make maneuver a bit. Also instead marines all just carrying assualt rifles mix it up a bit. Some with battle rifles, or DMRS, or SMGs. And for core defense give them some power weapons. Just snipers and hydras.
You should deffinatley be able to give them power weapons haha
but as for their AI, they may not be the smartest things but ive seen a lot of warzone gameplays where people have sprinted into a base and got wrecked by them haha
Their health should be increased or but more marines in each base. I also love your idea for marines with different weapons.
Marines maybe cannon fodder since the Forerunners and Covenant have the top tier bosses as bullet sponges.
Let the marines dual wield magnums just to rustle jimmies.
Give a marine an orbital strike designator and the comedy ensues.
BigSeen00 wrote:
They teabag people if they get a kill, that's all we need. Kappa
So much this...
BigSeen00 wrote:
Lol, what a butthead.
BigSeen00 wrote:
I hope that happens everytime someone dies by a marine.
I think they should stay the same. We already have to deal with 12 other Spartans. We don't need to have challenging marines. They don't need anymore health either. They are there for support and as long as they shoot at you, that's good enough for me. I hope they stay fodder. If anything, they can always give the Covenant and prometheans a smart pill boost lol.
Yes improving marines in anyway is always a good thing

give them better starting weapons, a bigger veriaty of weapons add more of them and increase their health
They seem to have a fair bit of flat-footedness built in - I hope this gets tweaked a little because people will QUICKLY improve and the marines will just become boring fodder quickly, I feel. It would be great if their 'skill' could scale with the average player skill of the game.

I'd also like to see them have some other behaviours, for example manning a turret on top of the base if you hold it for long enough or setting up in a snipers nest and taking pot shots if you hold a base long enough etc.

Obviously helping some players assault a base would be awesome but probably is wishful thinking.
Wouldn't really be a Halo marine if it wasn't stupid.
dajhier1 wrote:
Let the marines dual wield magnums just to rustle jimmies.
That would get my Jimmies Rustled....
I think Halo should get dual-wielding back.
Maybe they could add a Marine Leader in each area that has marines, and give them extra health and a power weapon.
I think they should stay the same. We already have to deal with 12 other Spartans. We don't need to have challenging marines. They don't need anymore health either. They are there for support and as long as they shoot at you, that's good enough for me. I hope they stay fodder. If anything, they can always give the Covenant and prometheans a smart pill boost lol.
Not super AI but the marines are just boring targets. They should pose somewhat of a threat. In warzone they rarely kill anyone. They should be supportive and be able to stand a chance when defending bases.
I guess I agree with at least mixing up their weapons.
Not super AI but the marines are just boring targets. They should pose somewhat of a threat. In warzone they rarely kill anyone. They should be supportive and be able to stand a chance when defending bases.
Well I'll agree that their weapon variety should much broader.
I say just give the marines ARs, that'll at least make them something to not be completely ignored when they fire on you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2