4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
ODST is a marine based armor set.
Walrificus wrote:
Or there could be a mode where you play as marines, It would kind of be like original Halo, no sprint, no thruster, it would work
Why wouldn't Marines be able to sprint?
Spartans sprint by using their thrusters. I doubt a regular marine has access to such technology. But the idea
of making such a gamemode seems unique. I would play it, as it might be challenging and interesting.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Theoretically yes, but the military police armor set, comes closer than the ODST armor.
It's completely based on the space marine's armor. But I admit, that ODSTs are marines
too, but more specialized.
We don't need a repeat of the military police helmet....
Thank you.
Nuzair wrote:
A marine armor doesn't have shields and I don't think it would fit to a spartan
The UNSC could probably design a set of armor based off of the Marine BDU that is MJOLNIR GEN2 compatible.
In a way the ODST set is a marine set.
Walrificus wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Marine armor is completely different from MJOLNIR. It couldn't even support a thruster pack, let alone shields.
Halo Reach's Military Police helmet is an example of standard Marine (or was it Army...?) hardware being upgraded for Spartan use. It's not impossible to believe that they'd make a full set for some reason.
But why would they upgrade it to the point of MJOLNIR GEN2? Like, that just seems illogical. Also aesthetically ugly.
I mean look at these Marines...
They aren't Marines. They're just colonists - why would UNSC Marines be operating on a colony with anti-UNSC values?

And not kicking their -Yoink- Operation TREBUCHET style, I mean.
sniper945 wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Marine armor is completely different from MJOLNIR. It couldn't even support a thruster pack, let alone shields.
Reach had a type of Marines based armour, it was actually pretty cool.
Yeah, but they were Army in Reach. The only Marines were the guys in the final parts of the Pillar of Autumn level. And contary to popular belief, the ODSTs are not Marines but their own separate branch that Recruits from every branch of the UEG. Be it the Army and Marines to Colonial Military forces.
And ODSTs are definitely Marines. Elite portion of the Marine Corps. Look it up.

This is from Halopedia "The Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST)[note 1], informally referred to as Helljumpers, are a special operations unit of the UNSC Marine Corps"

And from here on Waypoint: SPECIALIZED SEGMENT OF THE UNSC MARINE CORPS.

The new Spartan branch may be what you are confused with. As they recruit from every branch.
We used different sites. I got my information from http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Orbital_Drop_Shock_Trooper
Using this quote

Quote:
ODSTs are recruited from all three services (UNSC Marine Corps, Army, and Navy)[2] and from the Special Operations Groups of every nation of theUnified Earth Government and are a strictly all volunteer fighting force. Potential ODSTs are selected because of their performance in their chosen MOS; every ODST candidate is a veteran from another Special Operations outfit and therefore has already gone through at least two layers of screening and months of intense training — not counting the years of training received before volunteering for the ODSTs. There are no age or gender restrictions — as long as the candidate meets the physical and mental requirements they are guaranteed the opportunity to try out for the ODSTs. Once in the ODSTs, a candidate's training continues - its entrance requirements serve as a third layer of screening upon two more, where applicants would have theoretically failed to pass. Candidates would, therefore, already have extensive experience in conducting the types of high-risk missions that the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers typically perform
I understood that we mightve used different sites, which is why I also threw in the Waypoint reference (which is official).

Also btw, Halopedia tends to be a much more accurate resource than Halo Wikia. Not trying to be derogatory, just helpful. I have used both sites often, and Halopedia tends to be much more up to date, have more accurate content, and just overall more content.
Yeah. I'm not going against you. I'm just explainin how I got my information mixed up. But the site isn't all that wrong either for they did get that recruitment info about the Branches from Halo grasslands. Though the book was written by Karren Traviss, though a great Star Wars and Gears of War Author, decided not the research the Halo universe like she normally did for the other series and has a ton of mistakes in lore in her books.
BTW, i did a little more research and it seems we are both correct. Further down on the Halopedia page has almost the exact same quote you posted. Even Bungie's site says they are recruited from all Spec Ops branches of the UEG. Officially ODSTs are part of the UNSC Marine Corps, but they are completely volunteer and recruited from all parts of the UEG military. (At least that is how I interpret it)
So they would be like Delta Force of today? Recruiting from all branches.
What are your guys thoughts on if 343 added a marine armor set to halo 5. Would it be too confusing in Warzone while standing beside an AI marine? Would it even make any sense at all?
I think it would be great but make it a little different like in reach with the MP Armor set
Walrificus wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
They aren't Marines. They're just colonists - why would UNSC Marines be operating on a colony with anti-UNSC values?

And not kicking their -Yoink- Operation TREBUCHET style, I mean.
Did someone say Operation: TREBUCHET?
Must be a great idea
ODST armor was awesome from Reach - but the Halo 5 one - hell no!
What are your guys thoughts on if 343 added a marine armor set to halo 5. Would it be too confusing in Warzone while standing beside an AI marine? Would it even make any sense at all?
I don't like the look personally.
Eh I don't know.
LuWicki97 wrote:
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Theoretically yes, but the military police armor set, comes closer than the ODST armor.
It's completely based on the space marine's armor. But I admit, that ODSTs are marines
too, but more specialized.
True, but that was only in Halo reach, wasn't it?
Military police was the worst helmet in reach lol
Halo 5 doesn't even have ODST armor. I don't know what you're on about.
I think he means the Nightfall and Hell jumper armor.
I know, but he explicitly stated ODST armor, which Halo 5 doesn't have. Besides, I don't think Helljumper and Nightfall are bad substitutes for ODST, but there's still the fact that they are substitutes, and not actual ODST.
I know, but he explicitly stated ODST armor, which Halo 5 doesn't have. Besides, I don't think Helljumper and Nightfall are bad substitutes for ODST, but there's still the fact that they are substitutes, and not actual ODST.
Hmm never though of Hell jumper and Nightfall as substitutes. Night fall yes, but Helljumper is supposed to be like the upgraded version?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7