Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Marine FireFight

OP munk07

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Enemy Marines
It would be really appreciated if marines were added as enemies in Firefight as a wave, similar to "Kill 100 Crawlers".
My current Spartan Company is struggling because we can never find Warzone matches due to the low population. Now it's almost impossible to get the Helmet.
munk07 wrote:
Enemy MarinesIt would be really appreciated if marines were added as enemies in Firefight as a wave, similar to "Kill 100 Crawlers".
My current Spartan Company is struggling because we can never find Warzone matches due to the low population. Now it's almost impossible to get the Helmet.
Yea this would also help with people only going for marines in warzone games. I'm not sure why this isn't a thing since all the other AI are in firefight. They haven't updated firefight for like 2 years or something though soo not sure how likely it is sadly
munk07 wrote:
Enemy MarinesIt would be really appreciated if marines were added as enemies in Firefight as a wave, similar to "Kill 100 Crawlers".
For Raid on Apex map, I tend to sit in the pill box and take out the marines if the enemy have the spire. my record is marine kills in the game. I am obviously not productive for my team but it's a nice marine killing strat.

For ARC, if you have the garage, look into the door of the armory (looking from garage side, the armory to the right is easiest) there are usually 2 marines that spawn periodically.

these are the best maps to take out marines from your own base. yes it's campy (and not Kampy) but it gets the job done.

but you need to get in a game first...
Yeah warzone for me at this point my priority is marines and ground vehicle kills as that's all we need. Feel like a bit of a jerk toward my team.

Another avenue for Marines would be awesome, but it's never going to happen.
What are you searching on.... focused, balanced or expanded? Also, what times and days are you searching for games? You may have to play during peak times when the population is up.
It would be a nice addition. Slap some darker colors on them and call them insurrectionists.
Likely never gonna happen, but the best way to get Marines is to kill them in the enemy team's home base. You just gotta be sneaky when you can get in their base.
Probably not going to happen, but it would be awesome if they did
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Likely never gonna happen, but the best way to get Marines is to kill them in the enemy team's home base. You just gotta be sneaky when you can get in their base.
Or match a fellow company member and board their vehicle through the shield door. This method earned my old company 175-240 marines per game. Not super ethical, but it makes the game 11v11 rather than 12v12, so the other players don't notice much of a change in gameplay.
People are saying it's not gonna happen, but to be fair, Warzone Firefight does need a refresh, for various reasons (weapons are rarely ever worth using, indestructible Phantom guns, can't choose which base your vehicle spawns out of, etc). Considering how many unacceptable problems remain in Warzone Firefight, and how ridiculous the amount of marine kills needed to get Achilles is compared to the other company commendations, I'd be happy to see them refresh WZFF with a way to get marine kills in it, even though some people who have already grinded for Achilles might feel cheated if that happened. I'm sorry for them but it really should happen.

I'll admit that except for the handful of times I tried Warzone back when it was new and decided I don't like it, the only times I've ever played it have been exclusively to help my company get marine kills and nothing else. People killed me in Warzone and I'm like, "nooo leave me alone I just want to kill your marines!" It's stupid. I know it's a longshot but I'd be very happy if they focused on refreshing firefight after they're done fixing up BTB and Action Sack...
People are saying it's not gonna happen, but to be fair, Warzone Firefight does need a refresh, for various reasons (weapons are rarely ever worth using, indestructible Phantom guns, can't choose which base your vehicle spawns out of, etc). Considering how many unacceptable problems remain in Warzone Firefight, and how ridiculous the amount of marine kills needed to get Achilles is compared to the other company commendations, I'd be happy to see them refresh WZFF with a way to get marine kills in it, even though some people who have already grinded for Achilles might feel cheated if that happened. I'm sorry for them but it really should happen.

I'll admit that except for the handful of times I tried Warzone back when it was new and decided I don't like it, the only times I've ever played it have been exclusively to help my company get marine kills and nothing else. People killed me in Warzone and I'm like, "nooo leave me alone I just want to kill your marines!" It's stupid. I know it's a longshot but I'd be very happy if they focused on refreshing firefight after they're done fixing up BTB and Action Sack...
Yea I would like to see this as well firefight has gotten stale for me lately but I still play it since it's pretty relaxed and gives good XP.

If they added marines to firefight it would definitely stop what your talking about where people go into warzone to only get marine kills. A refresh is badly needed it's been over 2 years

Looking at your game history when not playing Firefight you’ve only played Warzone Turbo for like the last 3 months which I don’t think is the most conducive way to kill marines.
Looking at your game history when not playing Firefight you’ve only played Warzone Turbo for like the last 3 months which I don’t think is the most conducive way to kill marines.
As a solo player, I'm not a fan of regular Warzone. I don't touch it. At least in Turbo it's easier to take advantage of the fact that I have a bigger req collection than most players. Maybe one of these days I'll party up with someone from my company and try that vehicle trick that hidden klmm mentioned, but I mostly stick to Big Team Super Fiesta (sorry Lukepowa) which helps them with their vehicle kills commendation.
As a solo player, I'm not a fan of regular Warzone. I don't touch it. At least in Turbo it's easier to take advantage of the fact that I have a bigger req collection than most players. Maybe one of these days I'll party up with someone from my company and try that vehicle trick that hidden klmm mentioned, but I mostly stick to Big Team Super Fiesta (sorry Lukepowa) which helps them with their vehicle kills commendation.
Actually turbo is a great way to kill Marines... The Marine kills isn't that hard if you actually make an effort to get them. The key is to only have like one or two Spartans go after them. My personal record was 66 Marines in one game on Apex 7. The enemy had the spire and I was in a wasp and I kinda hid up near some pillars and only came out to blast the Marines and then would hide again. Also once in a ghost while the enemy had the garage and a base I would just go back and fourth between them killing Marines. Turbo makes it easier as you can always have good weapons like vehicles or active camo to sneak near their armory and kill them... Never try and capture the armory just camp outside and kill them as they spawn.
What are you searching on.... focused, balanced or expanded? Also, what times and days are you searching for games? You may have to play during peak times when the population is up.
That isn't really fair. Im either at work for 8 hours, sleeping 8 for another set of hours, and with my last 8 looking for matches or doing other things with my life. And when I search, I can't find a match on Focused. Even with a smurf account, I can't find a match.
munk07 wrote:
That isn't really fair. Im either at work for 8 hours, sleeping 8 for another set of hours, and with my last 8 looking for matches or doing other things with my life. And when I search, I can't find a match on Focused. Even with a smurf account, I can't find a match.
And I agree with you, but the population is hurting, that's why I suggested certain times and days. Also that's why I asked when you were searching, it does make a difference. I would try expanded and see how that goes.
munk07 wrote:
And I agree with you, but the population is hurting, that's why I suggested certain times and days. Also that's why I asked when you were searching, it does make a difference. I would try expanded and see how that goes.
Trust me. I use Expanded. Last night, I tried for an hour just for 1 match. Not going to spend all my time for 1 WZ match. Which i didnt even get.
good idea
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
Trust me. I use Expanded. Last night, I tried for an hour just for 1 match. Not going to spend all my time for 1 WZ match. Which i didnt even get.
Misread your OP, so deleted my reply :)
They key is having good leadership in your Spartan company to get Achilles. While you may have trouble finding warzone matches you are in a company of what should have a lot of members. My last company I was in, yes I am one of those lame players who joined two companies late to get the set.... The helemt I helped but not all that much, I was going to be happy with just that but the company discharged me one day out of the blue so I was like why not get the aemor. So I joined another company which they said they should get the armor by like Jan/Feb ish of last year. Well with pretty much my strick grinding I got them the set in mid December... Anyways when I signed on the majority of the time players were in firefight or customs ...neither of which would help them get to the helmet. Some one in the company was even pointing out that hey we need players playing the right playlist. Needless to say l left that company because why should I try and help them get the helmet when clealry they weren't really trying. So I would recommend maybe search out a new company because that would be better than hoping they change the game drastically (which won't happen).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2