Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Matchmaking still broken as a Solo Player

OP ParanoiaHades25

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
7/5/2018 I have been playing Halo 5 all day today as A solo player i've only won 6 games all day and the rest is lost after lost when is your Team going to fix this Im getting tired of Playing an unbalanced game that has no absolute Skill base to the system to this Halo 5 I have no problems playing Halo MCC but Halo 5 needs some fixing still. Thank you.
If you are playing solo(that's what I do) you will get some uneven matches, especially if your getting your 10 qualifying ranks.

Are you on balanced, focused or expanded? If you put it on focused it seems to work decently well.

Not sure your skill level though, but also try learning to play cooperatively without a mix by staying near your team regardless if you have a mic.

Just my initial thoughts being a solo que player 99% of the time, and I don't have that much of an issue 95% of the time.
Citing that you keep losing is not a sign of broken matchmaking.
Solo playing is always a gamble my friend, no matchmaking update or tweak will fix that, at least not by much. I get where you're coming from though, earlier today I was on a horrible losing streak despite doing incredible each game (as is the usual case for me), and I got insanely frustrated because some of my team mates would go 5-15 or 7-16 while I would go 28-9 or 34-8...my recommendation would be to mess around with your search preferences (expanded, etc...) for a more quality matchmaking experience. Just keep in mind that you won't win every game and you'll have to take the defeat as some teams just do better or have better match-ups. However, if you find yourself being pitted against entire spartan company parties, then again, tweak your search preference, it'll help out a bit.
i go solo all the time ...i hate constantly losing myself...especially when i end up at the bottom right after a great game like 21 kills and 6 deaths then get 3 kills and 20 deaths the next game
You've played a total of 81 games. What reference do you have for using the quantifier "still"?
Said if before and will say it again... When you rely on random players you will get random results. If you want to win regularly you need regular teammates and coommunication.
7/5/2018 I have been playing Halo 5 all day today as A solo player i've only won 6 games all day and the rest is lost after lost when is your Team going to fix this Im getting tired of Playing an unbalanced game that has no absolute Skill base to the system to this Halo 5 I have no problems playing Halo MCC but Halo 5 needs some fixing still. Thank you.
And here, at 7/06, you won 9 games today, out of 20 (technically 24, but 4 were DNFs).
Sort of is, isn't. Depends on how it manages the skill based matchmaking plus it's kind of odd for solo players to be put in teams that are full of clans but in some cases the clans that I've played against lately generally are terrible but there are times where it's clearly an out-matched game where 1 lone wolf can't help the team enough no matter what anyone try's to do.

Regardless of skill...the matchmaking system is generally broken but that's usually down to other issues like drop outs/freezes, etc...
ronnie42 wrote:
Sort of is, isn't. Depends on how it manages the skill based matchmaking plus it's kind of odd for solo players to be put in teams that are full of clans but in some cases the clans that I've played against lately generally are terrible but there are times where it's clearly an out-matched game where 1 lone wolf can't help the team enough no matter what anyone try's to do.
Well luckily for him, we actually do know how the matchmaking works. It's not really odd for a solo player to be put with or against a party if their overall MMR rating is similar or higher to the other team's rating. I think it's 60/40 (I'd have to check) for the chances of a solo team to beat a party in normal matchmaking, but things can come into play like people over or underperforming, quits, etc. which can cause unexpected results. There's also a possibility of getting skill capped so higher skilled players can match lower ones in order for them to get a game and that's related to population issues.

As always, if you want to lessen the chances for random results, you have play with a party.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Well luckily for him, we actually do know how the matchmaking works. It's not really odd for a solo player to be put with or against a party if their overall MMR rating is similar or higher to the other team's rating. I think it's 60/40 (I'd have to check) for the chances of a solo team to beat a party in normal matchmaking, but things can come into play like people over or underperforming, quits, etc. which can cause unexpected results. There's also a possibility of getting skill capped so higher skilled players can match lower ones in order for them to get a game and that's related to population issues.
Yeh I get it but it's not perfect. I just find the balancing to be hit, miss. I've been in games where I know my team couldn't handle the enemy team, had to fall back to do the best I could to support them but in some cases there isn't much anyone can do. I've been in games where teams have destroyed the enemy team within 5 minutes with nothing but pistols. Some days I feel like I can destroy anyone, then some days my hand feels like it's drunk while firing plus some days there's too many bugs that can make the game unplayable.
You sir are a 1000 percent incorrect....
I keep trying to play and every game my team is randoms all below lvl 80 and the enemy team is all above 138 in a party..... How that is fair is beyond me.
You sir are a 1000 percent incorrect....
no...that is just unlucky not broken matchmaking...just like my 6 loses in a row yesterday
I keep trying to play and every game my team is randoms all below lvl 80 and the enemy team is all above 138 in a party..... How that is fair is beyond me.
Are you referring to Spartan rank? That's just time played.

I'm well past Inheritor on reach but that means Jack s*** to my skill. It's just a time played.granted there can be a corrilation, but that doesn't mean you'd be a good player

I'm rank 144 in 5 and still I lose to people in the 20s or 30s sometimes but their playlist rank is similar or higher than mine.
Dude, you've played 55 games. If you are a solo player, your win percentage will be lower than you want. And you can't complain as the system is still learning your skill.

Point of reference, I'm a solo quer since the games launch, I've played over 3000 games and I've only won about 1400 games and I still rank around diamond in high platinum or mid diamond in everything except ffa(onyx therr) if you only play solo because you are getting random teammates, there fire random results.

If you want more consistent results. Get consistent teammates.

I'm well past Inheritor on reach but that means Jack s*** to my skill. It's just a time played.granted there can be a corrilation, but that doesn't mean you'd be a good player

I'm rank 144 in 5 and still I lose to people in the 20s or 30s sometimes but their playlist rank is similar or higher than mine.
Yes spartan rank. And while it does not go up depending on skill, it does show how much experience with the game they have.As well as the enemy team is always a party wheres my team is randoms who have played the game much less.

I just accept that going into a game solo is almost guaranteed an instant loss in this game. I am almost always the top of my team and that doesn't do much when the rest of your team is getting stomped.

Yes spartan rank. And while it does not go up depending on skill, it does show how much experience with the game they have.As well as the enemy team is always a party wheres my team is randoms who have played the game much less.

I just accept that going into a game solo is almost guaranteed an instant loss in this game. I am almost always the top of my team and that doesn't do much when the rest of your team is getting stomped.
But experience and skill are 2 different things. Ever since they implemented the system like that in halo reach, I've played countless games my "rank" was either incredibly low but I stomped the enemy team, or far higher than them and they stomped me.

It's a coorliation, of course. But a long time played doesn't equal skill directly. I even had plenty of friends I played reach and 4 with who's rank was far higher than mine, but I was a better player. They just played more often than me.

But yeah, I accept that situation as well when I solo que. If I really don't want to deal with rank I just play social, and if I wanna rank but not deal with random i just play if a.
I've been playing solo since launch, and I think it's fine. As solo players we aren't going to get the same win percentage as a coordinated squad with mics who are used to playing with each other, and have developed certain "plays." Be they advanced and planned, or simply casual habitual map control spots.

And we as solo players shouldn't have similar win percentages to coordinated squads. That wouldn't represent good game balance.
I'm pissed off at the matchmaking system too. I still win roughly half my games, but most games I lose are because I, as a Platinum ranked player, am consistently either matched up with a higher ranked enemy team (Diamond/Onyx/Champion), or I have less experienced players as teammates (Silver/Gold)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2