Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Matchmaking very unbalanced.

OP TheOneOcelotz

Whenever I go into a match, I always check the rank of everyone on my team, and the other team. About 70 percent of the time almost the entire enemy team are onyx rank or higher, while i am at gold rank. (For slayer)
I enjoy playing super Fiesta sometimes, but I found out immediately that super Fiesta is INCREDIBLY unbalanced. Almost everyone on the other team is level 120+ while I'm level 50! How is this remotely fair!? Everyone else on my team are also almost always level 100+ too! Yet somehow the highest level player is always afk!
Player level is only a representation of their time spent in the game.

As for why matches may be uneven. It’s an old game, finding fairly balanced matches in 2020 would be very difficult. There’s a lot of layers to how the game decides who gets team up with who.
Sadly I wouldn’t expect to see any changes to Halo 5’s matchmaking this late in the game’s life cycle
TheDonCJG wrote:
Player level is only a representation of their time spent in the game.

As for why matches may be uneven. It’s an old game, finding fairly balanced matches in 2020 would be very difficult. There’s a lot of layers to how the game decides who gets team up with who.
Sadly I wouldn’t expect to see any changes to Halo 5’s matchmaking this late in the game’s life cycle
Couldn't agree more. Was balanced back when there were a lot more active players.
Whenever I go into a match, I always check the rank of everyone on my team, and the other team. About 70 percent of the time almost the entire enemy team are onyx rank or higher, while i am at gold rank. (For slayer)
I enjoy playing super Fiesta sometimes, but I found out immediately that super Fiesta is INCREDIBLY unbalanced. Almost everyone on the other team is level 120+ while I'm level 50! How is this remotely fair!? Everyone else on my team are also almost always level 100+ too! Yet somehow the highest level player is always afk!
I agree i dont mind the lvl gaps because i havent played alot since launch cause of my job. However when i came back im getting in matches with horrible team mates and brutal enemies. I generally end up 0-5 cause my teammates are generally trash i wish the matchmaking was better.
there are two systems that keep track of who you should be playing against, the first is the one you see in ranked (diamond, gold platnum, silver, bronze, onyx and champion), but there is another system that you cannot see, and it is used in all game modes, it resets every couple of days, and that is what matches you in Warzone and social arena, I would recommend looking it up on youtube.
Anybody that thinks Halo 5 is balanced can go to my last two games. The first match was 3 diamonds against 3 champions, and the second match was literally 4 champions against a platinum, 1 low.diamond, and a low Onyx. And then there are still those that defend this game.
Halo 5’s population is declining making it harder to place you in fair matches consistently. Network if possible to try and build you H5 friends list with players your like to play with. That’s what I do.
Anybody that thinks Halo 5 is balanced can go to my last two games. The first match was 3 diamonds against 3 champions, and the second match was literally 4 champions against a platinum, 1 low.diamond, and a low Onyx. And then there are still those that defend this game.
The populations declining most people are mid to high tier diamonds, oynx's and Champions
Tresor564 wrote:
The populations declining most people are mid to high tier diamonds, oynx's and Champions
That's no excuse for 3 or 4 champions being on one team when they aren't even playing in a party. They should he even disturbed for each team.
Tresor564 wrote:
Diamond 1 and above currently comprises of 20-30% of the population depending on the playlist..it’s listed in the matchmaking / ranking FAQ
Tresor564 wrote:
That's no excuse for 3 or 4 champions being on one team when they aren't even playing in a party. They should he even disturbed for each team.
Unless they're playing against a full squad or team of 3, there's no way the game would put 3 or 4 Solo Champs on the same team. Champs are almost always partied together anyway, so it's very likely they actually were playing in a party.

In any case, population decides how even matches will be. In a perfect world, there would be enough players at every rank to find fair and balanced matches at all times of the day and night. It's unfortunate that we don't live in a perfect world, though. So, for some players at the higher end of the skill spectrum to get games at all, some concessions had to be made, that being every now and then after said high-skill players have waited a certain amount time (because there aren't enough players at their skill level to make a match at that specific time), they may get matched against people below their skill level.

It understandably sucks for the lower-skill players, but it's the trade-off that's been put in place so EVERYONE can at least get a game in. I can only imagine what it would feel like to get so good at a game that I essentially "ban" myself because the system can't find any suitable matches for me... ever. Which, in turn, leads to (more) alt accounts. And I'm sure we're all acquainted with those.
IGRS wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Diamond 1 and above currently comprises of 20-30% of the population depending on the playlist..it’s listed in the matchmaking / ranking FAQ
yeah and the majority is unranked because they don't play
Tresor564 wrote:
Champs in TS almost always play in teams its really hard to get to that point unless ur a god at the game or you have a good team.
Tresor564 wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
yeah and the majority is unranked because they don't play
No, that’s the percentage of people who are ranked. As in 70-80% are bronze-plat.
Tresor564 wrote:
Unless they're playing against a full squad or team of 3, there's no way the game would put 3 or 4 Solo Champs on the same team. Champs are almost always partied together anyway, so it's very likely they actually were playing in a party.

In any case, population decides how even matches will be. In a perfect world, there would be enough players at every rank to find fair and balanced matches at all times of the day and night. It's unfortunate that we don't live in a perfect world, though. So, for some players at the higher end of the skill spectrum to get games at all, some concessions had to be made, that being every now and then after said high-skill players have waited a certain amount time (because there aren't enough players at their skill level to make a match at that specific time), they may get matched against people below their skill level.

It understandably sucks for the lower-skill players, but it's the trade-off that's been put in place so EVERYONE can at least get a game in. I can only imagine what it would feel like to get so good at a game that I essentially "ban" myself because the system can't find any suitable matches for me... ever. Which, in turn, leads to (more) alt accounts. And I'm sure we're all acquainted with those.
Yea, that explains the smurf accounts. This happened in Team Snipers though. Sometimes I find matches in that faster than Team Slayer. I can do well with at least one good player pulling their weight, but I'm always stuck with platinums when I'm a diamond.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show