2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
First off, I would like to say I think we over hyped this way too much. We know we don't normally get a lot of content in these updates, so what we are getting is quite generous by 343. But it's not entirely what any of expected, yes I would've liked to see more Reach content myself, such as maps. But what we all forgot is that we have a wonderful forging community, and I'm sure if someone tries, remakes of Reach maps could be accomplished. As for weapon variety I too would've liked to see more, but Halo 5's weapon pool is already more vast than all the other Halos. Also another thing we forgot about is that 343 is on time restraints, they don't have enough time to put everything we want in there.
Why is everyone complaing about this update?! This is exactly what we asked for?! We wanted infection and here it is. For -Yoinks!- sake, if you like reach so much play it. I want halo to move forward and keep true to its roots. Not shoehorn -Yoink- in because the fans are upset about a title. 343 listened to us. It gave us infection. This community needs to support 343 and give thanks not dig into them because we want more.
I can agree 343 left out alot of stuff but at least they choose to add infection
Why is everyone complaing about this update?! This is exactly what we asked for?! We wanted infection and here it is. For -Yoinks!- sake, if you like reach so much play it. I want halo to move forward and keep true to its roots. Not shoehorn -Yoink- in because the fans are upset about a title. 343 listened to us. It gave us infection. This community needs to support 343 and give thanks not dig into them because we want more.
Memories of Reach not Memories of infection lol. To counter your statement since Halo 2 infection you know was part of the base game, so why should we thank them for basically delayed content that was in the base game of past titles. Why are we getting a remix instead of a map based on Reach or glassed themed map (Reach). I mean why are we getting a Brute plasma rifle its cool and all but makes no sense there are plenty of Reach weapons so why not them?

Emblems are still useless (to me obviously since the customization is meh) the weapon skins are like toppings I excepted the noble skins but for the rest make no sense with the exception of blue team. They could of done Red team weapon skins cuz there was a Red team on Reach Sangheli weapon skins just for your Spartan pistol and assault rifle.

Idk something related more towards Reach, but it doesn't really I like that they put Noble team but then again if you think about it why not a Noble variant featuring his full set of armor like it was in Reach with the diaper and all plus the Mark V(B) not some Decimator armor that looks weird. Where are those?

Oh well, I guess you can't question anything you might as well take it in the butt with a prison mate and not question the situation that will happen. Point is we do want more but this all feels like cut out content that was scheduled to release with the base game but felt like it made more sense to delay it in 343is perspective.
I just hope this picture gets across to everybody to show what 343 truly is,

Jimmy were gonna throw you the best birthday party ever just like last year! You know the one that had a clown, a horse, a giant piñata, pin the tail on the donkey and most importantly a water slide that almost took up the whole backyard!

Spoiler:
Show
Enjoy your birthday you crazy kid!

-343's expectations
steele330 wrote:
steele330 wrote:
GlynnRoane wrote:
The update is supposed to bring stuff from Reach, but instead of remaking a map they do another remix.
I think you people are looking into this Reach stuff far too much. Just because its got reach in the title doesn't mean they're releasing the whole blooming reach sandbox.

We're getting infection, an arena map, the plasma rifle and some reach armour set. That's fine by me.
But the arena map has nothing to do with reach? ...that's fine but dont release it in an update called memories of reach ...release it in hog wild or something
Would you have they rather just not have released a map?

Why wasn't there an infinity map in infinity's armoury,
why weren't there ghosts in ghosts or meridian?

That's what you people sound like, just because its got a name in it doesn't mean the whole thing is themed on it. Hammer storm wasn't just hammers and storm rifles.

Plus name one reach map that would work in the halo 5 sandbox. They didn't even work well in the reach sandbox.
^^^^^THANK YOU! God, people whine about every little thing don't they
I honestly appreciate all the time and effort that 343 takes to make these DLCs (for free) and it isn't just copy and paste, they literally have to make everything from scratch, (though they have a base model for maps/armors).
They have to create and test the parameters and functionality of weapons vehicles armor gamemodes maps and map interactions as well as correct and fix any bugs or glitches that may come with them. It probably takes a month before they even announce anything because of all the planning and concept art for said content as well as dealing with the servers.
I love the community and all, but we got to come together and realize that Halo as a series is better off than Call of Duty. I mean, if we really got the same content in every game, halo would come out yearly and be poorly made.
First off, I would like to say I think we over hyped this way too much. We know we don't normally get a lot of content in these updates, so what we are getting is quite generous by 343. But it's not entirely what any of expected, yes I would've liked to see more Reach content myself, such as maps. But what we all forgot is that we have a wonderful forging community, and I'm sure if someone tries, remakes of Reach maps could be accomplished. As for weapon variety I too would've liked to see more, but Halo 5's weapon pool is already more vast than all the other Halos. Also another thing we forgot about is that 343 is on time restraints, they don't have enough time to put everything we want in there.
It kinda bothers me that there's three factions, now. Well, it doesn't "bother me" per-se, but it does mean they can't place as much focus on certain particular sets of weapons. (that's partially why we only saw 1 new UNSC and Covenant weapon; all of the Promethean weapons were all revised.)
I wish we had noble 6's armor
It kinda bothers me that there's three factions, now. Well, it doesn't "bother me" per-se, but it does mean they can't place as much focus on certain particular sets of weapons. (that's partially why we only saw 1 new UNSC and Covenant weapon; all of the Promethean weapons were all revised.)
You forgetting the Halo 2-3 brutes because that was the 3rd faction and there was plenty of vehicles.
We will soon have infection.

I'm happy enough.
I think the falcon and the grenade launcher made reach and we need those
Post Game MEDALS, INFECTION, Plasma rifle, 2 New weapons one could be a vehicle or something cooler who knows
Crazy amount of new Forge additions and we finally get FORGE TEXTURES!
Campaign and Warzone AI overhaul fixes and additions
REQ weapon Re-balancing! Plasma casters and Hydras REJOICE!

A lot of cool stuff IMO
steele330 wrote:
steele330 wrote:
GlynnRoane wrote:
The update is supposed to bring stuff from Reach, but instead of remaking a map they do another remix.
I think you people are looking into this Reach stuff far too much. Just because its got reach in the title doesn't mean they're releasing the whole blooming reach sandbox.

We're getting infection, an arena map, the plasma rifle and some reach armour set. That's fine by me.
But the arena map has nothing to do with reach? ...that's fine but dont release it in an update called memories of reach ...release it in hog wild or something
Would you have they rather just not have released a map?

Why wasn't there an infinity map in infinity's armoury,
why weren't there ghosts in ghosts or meridian?

That's what you people sound like, just because its got a name in it doesn't mean the whole thing is themed on it. Hammer storm wasn't just hammers and storm rifles.

Plus name one reach map that would work in the halo 5 sandbox. They didn't even work well in the reach sandbox.
agree, you people are never happy be glad youre getting something rather than nothing, who knows what the future holds. So please stop complaining just to complain
im sorry but Noble armor does not look like carters armor other than the shape and
decimator doesnt look like six's armor only if you squint...so why were these left out of the memories?
very disappointing i know you cant please everyone but seriously why make 4 out of the 6 armor sets? small and the only weapon we get ....(not counting the blurred out ones) is a brute plasma rifle...? okay....not what comes to mind when i think of reach *cough* plasma repeater would of been a better choice as it would be the covenenants answer to the saw ...very ...empty update ...many many items would of suited halo 5's weapon sandbox(?) grenade launcher? repeater? needle rifle? but no...we get a brute plasma rifle...woohoo...?
yeah...dont mean to sound spoilt but very very sad could of been good...=/ more like thoughts of reach by someone who's only seen the trailers

(play's ashes from Halo reach's soundtrack)
yay i was wondering when the monthly "complain abot the new update" thread was gunna start
let see: The new update is free and and also will not be the last update.
steele330 wrote:
GlynnRoane wrote:

Yes a remastered reach map wouldn't go amiss, but then again all the reach maps where garbage so I'm kinda relived.
Can totally agree. IMO, people set up their expectations WAY too high for a monthly update.
steele330 wrote:
GlynnRoane wrote:

Yes a remastered reach map wouldn't go amiss, but then again all the reach maps where garbage so I'm kinda relived.
I agree with you, it's honestly just an update.
They need to stop adding their own spin on things and just leave it the way it is. If it ain't broke...
why can't people just stop crying and accept it has it comes?
We will soon have infection.

I'm happy enough.
Something we had to constantly beg for for half a year
unfortunately these updates are still the things missing from the start of halo 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10