Mercy is a pretty amazing map really

OP Skeksibeast

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
I know it's a new artistic vision of Haven but holy moly it's really beautifully done. I have only played on it a handful of times and I appreciate it more and more each time.
Gotta love Sanghelios...
It is a fantastic looking map, But in essence it is a big circle.
It is a smexy map. It reminds me of a cross between Halo and Bioshock which is a huge draw for me.
it reminds me of GoW
Great LOOKING map... subpar gameplay.
You could make the best looking map in the world, if it plays bad, it still sucks...
Never seen it in rotation
Too bad it barely comes up. At least I got it once in normal Slayer, and once in with DMR SWAT.
I preferred the bright, cheerful aspect coloring in Halo 4's variant, but the map, gameplay wise, is well designed. I dislike how easy you can get to the power weapons at spawn via a ground pound, though. I feel like it should be more of a struggle between teams for them, rather than a lone wolf rush partially through mid air.
The overall map is very well done, atleast compared to other arena maps, but the gravity hammer and saw especially is somewhat questionable.
It is a fantastic looking map, But in essence it is a big circle.
That's perfectly fine. Some of Halo's best maps are simple.

I feel like, in an effort to accommodate the Spartan Abilities, some of Halo 5's maps are so complicated and densely-packed that they're not very iconic. I can recognize individual areas in the map, but nine times out of ten if I can think of an area in the map, chances are I can't find it.
Only played it like once in swat in MM. Where is it?
erickyboo wrote:
Only played it like once in swat in MM. Where is it?
Slayer and Team Arena.

My main issue with it is that it feels so closed in. It is definitely for CQC. Yes, it's beautifully designed but it was made for the hammer.
I've only been able to play it twice so far...DMR SWAT both times. I agree that the map looks great. I haven't had enough game play to decide whether I like it or not. I'm definitely in "learn it" mode with this new map.

It usually takes me a while to understand the inherent flow of maps. I admire the players that are able to jump in and just naturally excel...regardless of the map. But that's definitely NOT me.
I'd say it is def. the best looking map at this point. Hopefully they can keep putting out maps of this quality
I concur. Too bad I've only played there once.
Yes, it is a great map.
It does look really good, better than haven or almost else anything halo 5 currently has.
The overall map is very well done, atleast compared to other arena maps, but the gravity hammer and saw especially is somewhat questionable.
They seem ok there at the beginning since it is equal distance from both teams but if you are pursing map control I think I would take the hammer/saw combo over the beam sniper on the opposing side. The Sniper side has to stay disciplined and for those on the beam team that don't have the sniper need BR's.

SWAT and FFA seem to play pretty clean overall but I still have only had a little over a handful of games total. SWAT is pretty fun because of the ridiculous amount of shot angles on that map.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14