Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Microsoft breaks even... The future of Halo

OP iShylock

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Sales: First-week global sales of Halo 5 software and hardware totaled more than US$400 million, making it the fastest-selling Xbox One exclusive. That's the first week, where the hell did you get your information from. Novice.
iShylock wrote:
Even with all the marketing, i doubt microsoft spent 250 mill.
I've read that 343i had a staff of 500 people during the development of H5G. Let's use an average income $45,000 per employee. (conservative estimate). H5G had a 3+ year development cycle. That's nearly $67 million in payroll for H5G. Factor in developmental costs, marketing... Production for Hunt the Truth and The Fall of Reach...

It's a lot of money.
You are making one assumption that is most likely wrong. that assumption is that all 500 people were working on that game during the entire time of development which I highly doubt. they could have easily had 100 people (Or more as much as 300 people) only work on one small part that took 3 to 6 months which would greatly change your math. Not to mention you have no hard evidence of development costs. When you do get that information we can have another conversation. As other have pointed out, the game has done well.
Your link doesn't work. Not to mention the fact that you start off by saying these figures aren't verified by MS. So why start a discussion on something you have no real reference to? Please when you make statements have links and facts to back up your concerns. If you want a real discussion do the leg work. It is always appreciated.
Sales: First-week global sales of Halo 5 software and hardware totaled more than US$400 million, making it the fastest-selling Xbox One exclusive. That's the first week, where the hell did you get your information from. Novice.
Op is counting software sales only because its bad if you count both hardware and software that means they did bad selling the game itself.

To the OP this is not the best multiplayer that's your opinion and there's a lot that could of been done to make this balanced with fun and being competitive sadly they don't know how to do that.
"(the following figures are not verified by MS/343i)"

=

Made up
Also they broke a record for sales I believe. I am not too worried about Halo. Wish they would stop making CoD every other month. Not sure why people are still buying it. The same game over and over.
You're forgetting one HUGE variable: REQ money.
And just fyi: Halo 4 had a 100 million dollar budget and no way in hell is Halo 5's 250 million.
Also they broke a record for sales I believe. I am not too worried about Halo. Wish they would stop making CoD every other month. Not sure why people are still buying it. The same game over and over.
They broke record sales on Xbox one but that's it. Mcc was ruined so it shouldn't be a surprise that h5 is the best selling halo game (on Xbox one) being how it's really the only one on Xbox one at the moment.
Halo 5 probably is the highest budget game to date, but there's no way it's budget is even close to GTA V's
iShylock wrote:
Even with all the marketing, i doubt microsoft spent 250 mill.
I've read that 343i had a staff of 500 people during the development of H5G. Let's use an average income $45,000 per employee. (conservative estimate). H5G had a 3+ year development cycle. That's nearly $67 million in payroll for H5G. Factor in developmental costs, marketing... Production for Hunt the Truth and The Fall of Reach...

It's a lot of money.
You're talking out your -Yoink- m8. You can't back up any of these numbers. It's all guesstimates and conjectures.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2