Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Microsoft will be the death of Halo

OP Gurantulaa

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 40
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
343 is trying there hardest, they gave us what we have requested, microsoft has published it, the only thing bad, is the campaign, like, seriously, im not playing the ampaign again
As opposed to whom? Microsoft is the reason Halo exists, shouldn't they also get the privilege of killing it too? (not that I think they are, this thread is ridiculous)
You're missing the point
OakleyW23 wrote:
343 is trying there hardest, they gave us what we have requested, microsoft has published it, the only thing bad, is the campaign, like, seriously, im not playing the ampaign again
My only problems are campaign and req system
Gurantulaa wrote:
As opposed to whom? Microsoft is the reason Halo exists, shouldn't they also get the privilege of killing it too? (not that I think they are, this thread is ridiculous)
You're missing the point
Which point? That Microsoft has made certain demands to 343 involving Halo? They do own 343, so that seems legit to me. When Microsoft bought Bungie, after they had already begun developing Halo CE as a Third Person Shooter, they decided to make it a FPS. Good move by Microsoft if you ask me. So, these demands that Microsoft makes of it's studios are not always bad decisions. In fact, we probably would not know Halo for what it is today without Microsoft. Full disclosure, Halo 5 is not the Halo 5 I would have asked for. But to say that Microsoft is killing Halo is ridiculous.
Sol Diablo wrote:
Personally I think it will be the 2nd and 3rd generation of Halo fans that will end up killing Halo but that is just my opinion
What do you mean by generation.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Did LNG suggest that the brutes were returning to Halo before or after Halo Wars 2 revealed the brutes were returning?

What took 343 so long to implement models they had already created prior to the game coming out? Cut content be damned, the Grav ham was in Halo 4 and there were no Brutes.

Halo 5 is more "open" than previous Halo's. It's still a -Yoink- FPS for Christ's sake. How do you tell a coherent Halo story that takes place non-linearly? Master Chief becomes a bounty hunter or vigilante? The trained soldier from 6 years old?

This whole bad story thing is completely subjective to one thing: Marketing.

I thought The Force Awakens story was terrible. It was A New Hope with some Empire Strikes Back thrown in. But the marketing made me see the movie day one. That and my love for Star Wars.

IMO, Halo 5 furthered the plot more than Halo 2 ever did. But people didn't hate on Halo 2 because all you got as marketing was some trailers and a promise that you could shoot Covenant.
Yes, LNG told us that the brutes were returning before E3 in pretty sure.

Well we do know 343/Microsoft cut content to put them in the updates.

Actually, a ton of people hated halo 2 because of the marketing. It was marketed where you had to defend Earth the whole time. When people found out it was only 2 missions out of 15, they flipped.
Before this E3 or last E3? We got a Halo Wars 2 trailer at Gamescom last year. Complete with Brutes.

People did not flip out as much about Halo 2. Halo 5 gets its hate because it didn't live up to its marketing. Like almost everything else in entertainment, and possibly the world.

Nobody knows if Microsoft cut content to repackage it as DLC. That's an unconfirmed rumour, and a dumb one at that. 343 may be mismanaged and a very slow developer, but cutting content is probably the stupidest decision a games maker that is falling behind in the console race could make. And let me tell you something. You don't become a multi billion dollar company by making really really stupid decisions.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Last 26 actually.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Did LNG suggest that the brutes were returning to Halo before or after Halo Wars 2 revealed the brutes were returning?

What took 343 so long to implement models they had already created prior to the game coming out? Cut content be damned, the Grav ham was in Halo 4 and there were no Brutes.

Halo 5 is more "open" than previous Halo's. It's still a -Yoink- FPS for Christ's sake. How do you tell a coherent Halo story that takes place non-linearly? Master Chief becomes a bounty hunter or vigilante? The trained soldier from 6 years old?

This whole bad story thing is completely subjective to one thing: Marketing.

I thought The Force Awakens story was terrible. It was A New Hope with some Empire Strikes Back thrown in. But the marketing made me see the movie day one. That and my love for Star Wars.

IMO, Halo 5 furthered the plot more than Halo 2 ever did. But people didn't hate on Halo 2
Yes, LNG told us that the brutes were returning before E3 in pretty sure.

Well we do know 343/Microsoft cut content to put them in the updates.

Actually, a ton of people hated halo 2 because of the marketing. It was marketed where you had to defend Earth the whole time. When people found out it was only 2 missions out of 15, they flipped.
Before this E3 or last E3? We got a Halo Wars 2 trailer at Gamescom last year. Complete with Brutes.

People did not flip out as much about Halo 2. Halo 5 gets its hate because it didn't live up to its marketing. Like almost everything else in entertainment, and possibly the world.

Nobody knows if Microsoft cut content to repackage it as DLC. That's an unconfirmed rumour, and a dumb one at that. 343 may be mismanaged and a very slow developer, but cutting content is probably the stupidest decision a games maker that is falling behind in the console race could make. And let me tell you something. You don't become a multi billion dollar company by making really really stupid decisions.
Before this E3, but back at gamescon when it was revealed, we all thought that HW2 would take place before halo ce, so no one knew it would take place after halo 5.

People did flip out. They flipped out because of the arbiter, because of the cliffhanger, and because of the ads.

Does forge or BTB count as cut content? what about the remixes? We saw molten (the rig remix) in the sprint, and it's just now coming in. Battle of Noctus we also saw before release, so does that count too?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Did LNG suggest that the brutes were returning to Halo before or after Halo Wars 2 revealed the brutes were returning?

What took 343 so long to implement models they had already created prior to the game coming out? Cut content be damned, the Grav ham was in Halo 4 and there were no Brutes.

Halo 5 is more "open" than previous Halo's. It's still a -Yoink- FPS for Christ's sake. How do you tell a coherent Halo story that takes place non-linearly? Master Chief becomes a bounty hunter or vigilante? The trained soldier from 6 years old?

This whole bad story thing is completely subjective to one thing: Marketing.

I thought The Force Awakens story was terrible. It was A New Hope with some Empire Strikes Back thrown in. But the marketing made me see the movie day one. That and my love for Star Wars.

IMO, Halo 5 furthered the plot more than Halo 2 ever did. But people didn't hate on Halo 2
Before this E3 or last E3? We got a Halo Wars 2 trailer at Gamescom last year. Complete with Brutes.

People did not flip out as much about Halo 2. Halo 5 gets its hate because it didn't live up to its marketing. Like almost everything else in entertainment, and possibly the world.

Nobody knows if Microsoft cut content to repackage it as DLC. That's an unconfirmed rumour, and a dumb one at that. 343 may be mismanaged and a very slow developer, but cutting content is probably the stupidest decision a games maker that is falling behind in the console race could make. And let me tell you something. You don't become a multi billion dollar company by making really really stupid decisions.
Before this E3, but back at gamescon when it was revealed, we all thought that HW2 would take place before halo ce, so no one knew it would take place after halo 5.

People did flip out. They flipped out because of the arbiter, because of the cliffhanger, and because of the ads.

Does forge or BTB count as cut content? what about the remixes? We saw molten (the rig remix) in the sprint, and it's just now coming in. Battle of Noctus we also saw before release, so does that count too?
It counts as content that wasn't completed. Not completed content that was cut.

When you fail to meet deadlines at work, are you just saving your work so that you can give it to your boss later?

Nobody thought anything. HW2 was up for interpretation. Nobody thought it would take place before CE
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Sorry I thought there was some new BS source but good know it's from same BS youtube video.
Gurantulaa wrote:
As opposed to whom? Microsoft is the reason Halo exists, shouldn't they also get the privilege of killing it too? (not that I think they are, this thread is ridiculous)
You're missing the point
Which point? That Microsoft has made certain demands to 343 involving Halo? They do own 343, so that seems legit to me. When Microsoft bought Bungie, after they had already begun developing Halo CE as a Third Person Shooter, they decided to make it a FPS. Good move by Microsoft if you ask me. So, these demands that Microsoft makes of it's studios are not always bad decisions. In fact, we probably would not know Halo for what it is today without Microsoft. Full disclosure, Halo 5 is not the Halo 5 I would have asked for. But to say that Microsoft is killing Halo is ridiculous.
Straw man argument... How does saying that since someone created something, they can't destroy it... Lol.
thats like saying if I make a sandwich it's impossible for me to in-make the sandwich
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Sorry I thought there was some new BS source but good know it's from same BS youtube video.
Why can't you guys see reason?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Did LNG suggest that the brutes were returning to Halo before or after Halo Wars 2 revealed the brutes were returning?

What took 343 so long to implement models they had already created prior to the game coming out? Cut content be damned, the Grav ham was in Halo 4 and there were no Brutes.

Halo 5 is more "open" than previous Halo's. It's still a -Yoink- FPS for Christ's sake. How do you tell a coherent Halo story that takes place non-linearly? Master Chief becomes a bounty hunter or vigilante? The trained soldier from 6 years old?

This whole bad story thing is completely subjective to one thing: Marketing.

I thought The Force Awakens story was terrible. It was A New Hope with some Empire Strikes Back thrown in. But the marketing made me see the movie day one. That and my love for Star Wars.

IMO, Halo 5 furthered the plot more than Halo 2 ever did. But people didn't hate on Halo 2
Before this E3, but back at gamescon when it was revealed, we all thought that HW2 would take place before halo ce, so no one knew it would take place after halo 5.

People did flip out. They flipped out because of the arbiter, because of the cliffhanger, and because of the ads.

Does forge or BTB count as cut content? what about the remixes? We saw molten (the rig remix) in the sprint, and it's just now coming in. Battle of Noctus we also saw before release, so does that count too?
It counts as content that wasn't completed. Not completed content that was cut.

When you fail to meet deadlines at work, are you just saving your work so that you can give it to your boss later?

Nobody thought anything. HW2 was up for interpretation. Nobody thought it would take place before CE
We don't know that it wasn't completed. I'm sure some of it wasn't completed, but I'm also sure that some was completed.

Not when your boss tells you to save your work for later.

When did you think HW2 was going to be set? It's not like that trailer gave a lot away. It only told us that Douglas was hurt and there was a brute hunting them down. You're reaching a bit far suggesting that LNG knew that HW2 would take place after halo 5.
Halo 5 is my 2nd favourite halo game but halo reach is my favourite halo game so i personaly think that they are doing a good job. As well forge in halo 5 is the best forge mode in halo in my opinion.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Did LNG suggest that the brutes were returning to Halo before or after Halo Wars 2 revealed the brutes were returning?

What took 343 so long to implement models they had already created prior to the game coming out? Cut content be damned, the Grav ham was in Halo 4 and there were no Brutes.

Halo 5 is more "open" than previous Halo's. It's still a -Yoink- FPS for Christ's sake. How do you tell a coherent Halo story that takes place non-linearly? Master Chief becomes a bounty hunter or vigilante? The trained soldier from 6 years old?

This whole bad story thing is completely subjective to one thing: Marketing.

I thought The Force Awakens story was terrible. It was A New Hope with some Empire Strikes Back thrown in. But the marketing made me see the movie day one. That and my love for Star Wars.

IMO, Halo 5 furthered the plot more than Halo 2 ever did. But people didn't hate on Halo 2
Before this E3, but back at gamescon when it was revealed, we all thought that HW2 would take place before halo ce, so no one knew it would take place after halo 5.

People did flip out. They flipped out because of the arbiter, because of the cliffhanger, and because of the ads.

Does forge or BTB count as cut content? what about the remixes? We saw molten (the rig remix) in the sprint, and it's just now coming in. Battle of Noctus we also saw before release, so does that count too?
for Molten, ya we saw it, concept pieces for it, not a working map of any kind, just concept art.
Microsoft is also the reason Halo's been alive until this point. Who knows what path Apple would have taken it down.
True dat
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Sorry I thought there was some new BS source but good know it's from same BS youtube video.
Why can't you guys see reason?
We are the ones seeing reason. We're looking at this from an objective point of view. You're not.
I could rant about this, but I really just want to remain quiet here....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 40