5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 40
Bungie will be missed ; (.
Gurantulaa wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Halo 5 is my favorite game in the series. I think its doing fine.
You must not care about campaigns or their stories
Yes the stories were so much better back than
People, this isn't the issue. We do not know if Microsoft made changes or not. We might never know. But right now instead of figuring out who to blame, We should focus on halo 6 and the future of the franchise. Compared to halo 5, halo 4 seemed much more creative to me. I felt that 343 had more passion in creating halo 4. They brought levels like that pelican one where you were flying the pelican to the different forerunner towers. But what did we get in halo 5? A stupid phaeton section where you go destroy the kraken. For halo 6 343 needs that spark again. They need to give it their all. Not all their decisions are the best but we need a better halo game than halo 5. Pls people, halo 6 is where we have to put our efforts in. If we want a good halo game, we have to contribute too.
Can't ask the players, because they don't know what going on behind the making, people work really hard on the game and players only look at the negative things, what about all these free updates that we are getting every month, they could have made us play for every single one but they didn't. You think you can make a better game?
Can't ask the players, because they don't know what going on behind the making, people work really hard on the game and players only look at the negative things, what about all these free updates that we are getting every month, they could have made us play for every single one but they didn't. You think you can make a better game?
They don't even know marketing and making a game.
I'd hope they would be free considering all these game modes there adding were in previous games when they launched.
Pretty sure Microsoft is the not main party to blame but neither is 343i. I think I will keep my hatred equal between them on the development of Halo: 5 Guardians.
Halo has always had a fairly alright storyline. But the past few games have taken some weird turns. I'm hoping that this doesn't stay an issue with Halo 6...
Gurantulaa wrote:
Microsoft had tampered with the past halos so heavily that they might as well be the lead directors (which they technically are) but halo 5's flawed development is because of them and the poor management of the game. Campaign rewrites... This isn't completely 343s fault. It's the poor management of 343 and Microsoft. Our stories are now being changed on the fly because of Microsoft order (similar to Bungie and activision in destiny).
Eventually the story and gameplay will be so broken halo won't have anything left. We need to stop blaming 343 and we need to take into account that they are trying to make halo great. Microsoft and 343 Managment are dumbing down our halo experiences.
You would blame Microsoft wouldn't you. Been watching YouTube lately? Lol
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
So Microsoft has been writing the story for every game now?
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.
You really think Microsoft makes the ads with zero input from 343?

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

We have no full pay off in terms of the Reclaimer saga.
An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof
From what I've heard, 343 was actually mad at Microsoft for misleading the ads.

here's all the evidence we have:
-LNG's videos.
-MasterCh1ef87's post on page 11 saying he was told the exact same thing.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
-Halo 5 releasing with little content and a bad story.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Where was any of this ever said?
Watch the LNG video.
The same rumour mill we've been arguing validity over for the last 20 pages?
Sorry I thought there was some new BS source but good know it's from same BS youtube video.
Why can't you guys see reason?
We are the ones seeing reason. We're looking at this from an objective point of view. You're not.
All we have points to LNG's claims. Here is all the information we have supporting his topic:
Quote:
-LNG's videos.
-Early leaks of halo 5 that talk about an open world game (which LNG said that halo 5 was supposed to be open world).
It all points to his claims. I don't know why you're so against it.
Source please. 343's management has been self-evidently a mess since H4. This is not new and there is no reason to believe "MICROSOFT" is primarily to blame.
OP didn't say it was PRIMARILY Microsoft's fault. It's also the head of 343. Just MOSTLY Microsoft's fault.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Once again... They own 343. THEY. DIDN'T. CREATE. THE. GAME. Why don't any of you understand? 343 have killed the franchise because they made the game the way it is. Microsoft just publish the game and give 343 it's pay checks.

Halo was dying after Reach, Halo 4 killed Halo's spotlight, TMCC was the final nail in the coffin and Halo 5 was the end of all things. 343 made Halo 4's online short lived, it was dead quite quick. TMCC was the biggest -blam- up 343 ever did and just about every Halo fan disbanded. Halo 5 was the next abomination that introduced a mini influx of gamers and once again the game has become a ghost town.

(Yes I say ghost town because hundreds of thousands of gamers world wide makes a game alive whereas a couple hundred or just a thousand American gamers make the game dead).
It appears you don't know much about game development. Microsoft is the overlord of 343. 343 makes the games, but if Microsoft doesn't like something, they change it. It was Microsoft's decision to cut content, add microtransactions, and change halo 5's story for the worse, not 343's.
It appears you don't know much about game development if you think MS gives 343 no creative freedom.
They do give creative freedom, but Microsoft ultimately decides whether to keep it or scrap it. They also say which elements HAVE to be in the story (i.e. Cortana).
If they were gonna force Cortana to be in Halo 5, they wouldn't have let her be killed off in the first place.
They killed her off in halo 4 to separate their Cortana app (the Siri of Windows) from video games. After fan backlash, they ordered her back.
That doesn't make any sense. The name Cortana piggybacks off the popualrity of Halo. Why seperate its connection from the game? You don't. That's stupid.
That didn't want people to associate Cortana with video games but to associate it with a Siri kind of thing.
Honestly I highly doubt that was MS wanting to kill Cortana off. If you actually read the novels, and did the math, you wouldve known simply from the announcement trailer that Cortana was probably gonna die in Halo 4. I also don't know anybody personally who uses windows that actually thinks of the character when using the Cortana app. I don't know anybody period who hasnt played Halo who even knows what Cortana's name is. It's not like when you go to search, or you ask Cortana who she is, she says "I'm that one blue chick from the posters of that one xbox game your kids play called Halo"
You said that that you knew that Cortana was going to die from the trailers. Guess who does the trailers and ads: Microsoft. Also, you know that the story was probably already finished by the time the trailers came out.
*Facepalm*
Microsoft tells 343 what needs to be in the story. 343 then makes the story and checks in with Microsoft to make sure everything is alright. If Microsoft likes it, they start making ads for it.

Put it this way. Microsoft allowed devs to make Gears of War Judgment. Microsoft allowed devs to make Fable 3. Microsoft allowed devs to make Ryse.

If Microsoft has overarching input on all game stories, why do so many Microsoft owned IPs get released with pretty bad stories.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company. You really think they care so much about the campaign part of a multiplayer game, where the industry has no problem selling multiplayer only games? 343 has some sort of vision. It may take some time to fully be revealed, but they do have one.

Am I the only one who remembers how much hate the Halo 2 story got? Is that all Microsofts fault as well?
No I don't think there's zero input from 343, but Microsoft still makes the ads. Just read the other posts or watch the video, then you'll get it.
So a billion dollar company thought that having ads that barely connected with the main game was a good idea?

Really?

An online video with no proof and lots of fluff is just as good as sales estimates from VG Chartz, you know, the website that has never divulged its sources or what type of sources they are.
Speculation =/= Proof

-LNG's videos.

This is some of my speculation: LNG said the brutes we're supposed to return as the main antagonist at the end of halo 5. A few of the DLC weapons we've received have been brute focused (brute PR, gravity hammer). If they had already developed the models, that could've been why they put them in. In halo wars 2, the banished is a brute faction and could potentially be the covenant in halo 6, following the path that halo 5 was meant to go on.
Adding more to this. As also stated MCC PC port exists and works flawlessly but Microsoft and the higher ups say no to this. Supposedly the Xbox one version was going to be fixed with cross platform play with PC players but it was scraped. This fills in a missing blank about Halo on PC. Why would you release Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 on PC but not the past games to catch up story wise?yes Halo Wars 2 comes with the first one but what about all the others. The MCC was going to be the first big cross platform game between Xbox and PC to use that feature and catch PC players up story wise.
Watch the LNG video.
Sorry I thought there was some new BS source but good know it's from same BS youtube video.
We are the ones seeing reason. We're looking at this from an objective point of view. You're not.
All we have points to LNG's claims. Here is all the information we have supporting his topic:
Quote:
-LNG's videos.
None of that supports what we know. That's not support, it's just statements that aren't disproven by the little we know. His last leak "supported" what we know too, remember that? Then we found out it was a lie. In fact, most leaks are "supported" by what we know, because we hardly know anything.

And that still doesn't refute the fact that we're being objective while you're just looking for any excuse to confirm your assumptions. Also, I'm not against any of this. If it's true, it's true, it doesn't matter to me. But this guy is a con artist so his word means nothing until he proves its a word to be trusted.
343 in my opinion arent doing as good as Bungie with Halo but they arent doing much worse, the main reason Halo 5 wasnt as good as the others was mainly microsoft, last minute rewrites left the story in shambles, the characters with no personality, etc, but 343 has been doing amazing otherwise with some flaws of course. I myself loved halo 4 especially the story and i'm sure allot of people agree or at least didn't think it was terrible, they fixed many multiplayer problems and halo 5 has some of the best multiplayer in the series in my opinion add that and hopefully stop microsoft from messing to much with halo 6 and i'm sure 343 can give us a great game.
Gurantulaa wrote:
Microsoft had tampered with the past halos so heavily that they might as well be the lead directors (which they technically are) but halo 5's flawed development is because of them and the poor management of the game. Campaign rewrites... This isn't completely 343s fault. It's the poor management of 343 and Microsoft. Our stories are now being changed on the fly because of Microsoft order (similar to Bungie and activision in destiny).
Eventually the story and gameplay will be so broken halo won't have anything left. We need to stop blaming 343 and we need to take into account that they are trying to make halo great. Microsoft and 343 Managment are dumbing down our halo experiences.
Prove campaign re-writes happened.

Protip: you can't
So Halo, one of MSs biggest cash cows is going to be left alone for 343 to do whatever they want to do with it? When Cortana died in H4 fans went ape-sh*t! So MS wanted to please people who were upset by making 343 bring her back as the villain because a sentient AI becoming evil and taking over the world is a popular sci-fi trope that was making a comback in movies last year. As for multiplayer MS wanted a piece of the pro gaming pie which is why there's even starts and no more loadouts but also why we got so few playlists and modes.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:

*Facepalm*

Really?

Speculation =/= Proof

-LNG's videos.

Watch the LNG video.
Quote:
-LNG's videos.
Non of that is any sort of proof.
This all bunch of this this person was told by this person and that person was told by someone else. I am just supposed believe this based on someones word because know one ever lies on the internet, right? Next you going tell me MS is trying to sabotage 343.

Also Masterch1ef87 blamed Bizarre closure on MS except they were owned by Activision, so he/she clearly knows what they are talking about. Finally if any of this had shred of truth then why has no gaming websites reported on it? You mean they don't believe someone random youtuber with no evidence what so ever, shocking.
I love how this all of this is basically #HUNTtheTRUTH season 3 XD
Everyone: GO WATCH LATENIGHTGAMINGS last video. If you still don't believe him, then you never will.
Gurantulaa wrote:
Everyone: GO WATCH LATENIGHTGAMINGS last video. If you still don't believe him, then you never will.
Why? All we have is his word.
Heeb614 wrote:
I love how this all of this is basically #HUNTtheTRUTH season 3 XD
Maybe this time around we can get Jordan Peele to narrate it for us.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 40