3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 40
Gurantulaa wrote:
Well I don't know really, if you have link I would believe you but I really don't see Microsoft take the blame. The only bad Microsoft did bad to Halo 5 was a low budget and REQs.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/supposedly-leaked-halo-5-details-campaign-3-5-longer-and-open-world.453449349/

this was 2 years before release
Why do you believe any of that?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gurantulaa wrote:
Well I don't know really, if you have link I would believe you but I really don't see Microsoft take the blame. The only bad Microsoft did bad to Halo 5 was a low budget and REQs.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/supposedly-leaked-halo-5-details-campaign-3-5-longer-and-open-world.453449349/

this was 2 years before release
Why do you believe any of that?
True or not, I will not take this bait even though I read it.
I won't deny that Microsoft probably had its hands in Halo 5's development, but I feel putting too much blame on them when we have no real idea what they did removes 343's own poor storytelling in Halo 5. Honestly, 343 in the past has shown they can make poor decisions without Microsoft needing to step in. As far as I'm concerned, LateNightGaming doesn't have much credibility to me, especially after he claimed some random from 4chan was legit as an ex-343 employee, since confirmed fake.
Actually, LNG said on his Twitter that the 4chan guy was a fake before many others new that. The less you guys believe and don't give attention to Microsoft's meddling, the more games we're going to get with little content and last minute re-wrote story.
Isn't he the only one saying it's fake because his information contradicted what 4chan said? There's no proof one way or the other if 4chan was telling the truth, but LNGs credibility would be shot if 4chan was telling the truth, so he claimed that guy was lying for his own benefit. But like Dr. Halsey said, if he does have sources, he clearly doesn't do much to confirm their legitimacy or their information, which doesn't make him very credible.
Source please. 343's management has been self-evidently a mess since H4. This is not new and there is no reason to believe "MICROSOFT" is primarily to blame.
Search up Latenightgaming (a Halo youtuber) on facebook or youtube and he has good points with evidence from a 343 employee. Additionally The 343 member in charge of H5's UI posted old images of older UI concepts for H5 revealing a different story approach in the description of UNCONFIRMED and revealed a mission 18 existed, featuring majestic. Additionally check through all of the achievement arts for H5, which show concept art. They literally scream out a different story. You can blame H4 (if you don't like it) on 343 as it was primarily their doing, but Microsoft had a huge say over H5's development
OP, I wish these blame game threads would stop. 343i/Microsoft are doing a very solid job. Your barking up another empty tree.
I enjoy Halo 5.
SanctusBit wrote:
OP, I wish these blame game threads would stop. 343i/Microsoft are doing a very solid job. Your barking up another empty tree.
Yeah, I think this original story if was going to be Halo 5 didn't want to make too much like the other video games so they just went to classic campaign.
I agree we should give Halo to Bungie and Activision.
DOTxTHREE wrote:
I agree we should give Halo to Bungie and Activision.
and have Destiny Halo no way. if you're being sarcastic then good.
Source please. 343's management has been self-evidently a mess since H4. This is not new and there is no reason to believe "MICROSOFT" is primarily to blame.
Search up Latenightgaming (a Halo youtuber) on facebook or youtube and he has good points with evidence from a 343 employee. Additionally The 343 member in charge of H5's UI posted old images of older UI concepts for H5 revealing a different story approach in the description of UNCONFIRMED and revealed a mission 18 existed, featuring majestic. Additionally check through all of the achievement arts for H5, which show concept art. They literally scream out a different story. You can blame H4 (if you don't like it) on 343 as it was primarily their doing, but Microsoft had a huge say over H5's development
Yea I've often wondered about some of those pictures on achievements...just makes you wonder what could have been....people would still complain, but makes you wonder...
YouthNAsia wrote:
Yea I've often wondered about some of those pictures on achievements...just makes you wonder what could have been....people would still complain, but makes you wonder...
Indeed you see Chief alone with his cloak (E3 teaser 2013 wink). Locke was also a big character to receive more development than he did. The open star wars like city was not featured in H5 at all and was concept art released by Franc o Connor in January 2014 I believe? Chief fighting UNSC type mech droids, probably means bounty hunter type drones sent by ONI or Locke. Blue team was still always meant to be featured at some point in the "original H5" based off escalation and concept art
Well if this is confirmed how exactly do we know it was a better story? Its entirely possible Reed is simply terrible.
YouthNAsia wrote:
Indeed you see Chief alone with his cloak (E3 teaser 2013 wink). Locke was also a big character to receive more development than he did. The open star wars like city was not featured in H5 at all and was concept art released by Franc o Connor in January 2014 I believe? Chief fighting UNSC type mech droids, probably means bounty hunter type drones sent by ONI or Locke. Blue team was still always meant to be featured at some point in the "original H5" based off escalation and concept art
I had hoped it'd be like a good Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood-esque spagetti western like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...work for and against each other until the final decision in the end.
YouthNAsia wrote:
YouthNAsia wrote:
I had hoped it'd be like a good Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood-esque spagetti western like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...work for and against each other until the final decision in the end.
Wasn't that really Halo was Good:UNSC Bad:Convenant Ugly:Flood and Prometheans.
YouthNAsia wrote:
YouthNAsia wrote:
Wasn't that really Halo was Good:UNSC Bad:Convenant Ugly:Flood and Prometheans.
I was going for more the character dynamic between MC and Locke.
i dont know something is going on
SanctusBit wrote:
Oh, so THAT'S why Halo 5's multiplayer population is a joke and the campaign story ruined everything 343 themselves had done leading up to it. Gotcha. They're doing a "very solid job."
SanctusBit wrote:
Oh, so THAT'S why Halo 5's multiplayer population is a joke and the campaign story ruined everything 343 themselves had done leading up to it. Gotcha. They're doing a "very solid job."
Personally I would play more often if they brought back wireless headsets.
I could care less, I love Halo for being Halo. Though i'm still waiting for a Halo MMO. Both UNSC and Covenant factions for players. Then pickable races for the Coves.
SanctusBit wrote:
It might have been done partially but people just change and have different taste in games. It really mean Halo is dying but the community is changing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 40