Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Microtransactions will be the death of Halo!

OP OutSpokenGamer

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
.
.
I wish I could send a drink through Waypoint. Well said.

And for the record, I wouldn't give a crap if people started calling me a 343 fangirl: they are the directors of this franchise. If people think tearing them down makes them somehow do a better job, they're going to wake up pretty quick once they get jobs, fellow students, and kids.
Mm, because critisising something or someone automatically means the critisiser thinks (s)he can do a better job.

There's a saying that goes "takes one to know one".
Hm, can you clarify? I'm not getting your full meaning (honest request, not trolling).
Hmm, I think I misinterpreted your post the first time I read it. Never mind my post.
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
I love posts like this.

Yes, I like classic Halo, I've played it a lot. Thing is though, I want a Halo that perfect what the classics did, I want an improved classic Halo game, not one that goes the "modern" trend path, not a Halo that implements features because other games are having them. So, yes, in your words, Classic Halo will only get me so far, now I'm waiting for the continuation.

You're free to like all the change you like, but to go out and bash others in a negative manner for what they like and want, what are you trying to do? Now okay, you want to make out the majority as hypocrits for bashing CoD for the same content every year while wanting the same Halo every time, no? Can you provide examples of such events? Where someone wants classic Halo back as it was then and then bash CoD for rereleasing the same stuff? Or perhaps you don't know what they want, you just assume it, you disagree with it and try to make them out to be regressive and negative haters becausr you're afraid it may actually happen. As such you try to make those who you agree with out as haters, make them seem negative so less people will listen to them, in hopes of i343 looking at them, your post and goes, oh he's right, we can't listen to that guy, this guy says he's a hater, or scare / push people you disagree with away.

Of course, you may not be doing this, I'm just generalising and assuming in the same manner you are about classic fans who want classic Halo back for the new Halo.

So what are classic Halo fans trying to ruin for others? Wanting a more classic Halo for the next game? That would ruin it for those who like how it is now?

Didn't you tell those who dislike the game to not buy it? Isn't not wanting to have a classic halo game for the next Halo the same to classic fans as you make it out to be when classic Halo fans want classic Halo and what it'll ruin for others? How would anything you say now be any different but tables turned if i343 made a Classic Oriented Halo for their next Halo game?

Perhaps some of us classic Halo fans are passionate about Halo, and we want to see a Halo we like? There are things to appreciate in Halo 5, there were things to appreciate in Halo 4 even. Do you think we should have a list of things we appreciate that we copy paste every time we post some critisism?
I think what KungFu Obama was getting at is how the stereotypical anti343 crowd's logic regarding 343i's take on Halo is copying CoD is inherently flawed.

Generally, anti-343i crowd states that Halo is going down the drain because they claim that 343i is obsessed with copying other franchises with respect to enhanced movements/abilities. They typically state Call of Duty, and we can all agree that Call of Duty is known for having annual releases that have little variation between each installment. They then go on to say that when Halo takes similar measures, Halo is being stale and unoriginal.

So, if you look at Halo reverting to the classic movements/abilities, he is arguing that Halo would be doing EXACTLY what the anti-343i crowd hates about CoD: not changing much between iterations and not being original.

Logically, you can not condemn nor support either perspective. It is all about having fun, which is highly subjective, therefore he is saying if you do not like the new Halos, either don't buy them and/or keep playing the original games.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing, OP.
And I in turn was getting at how he was putting what he was trying to get at.

Pretty much a cop out blanket statement and generalisations about people who criticise nu-Halo and i343.
-Go play the old Halos
-Don't buy the games
-Stop trying to ruin what I like

Let's move on to CoD vs Halo.

Halo copies CoD mechanics for gameplay: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim
CoD releases annually with little changes between each iteration: CoD is stale and unoriginal, claim

Gameplay, as in the first one, is not the same as "release practices", second one.
However, there's a continued part.

Halo goes back to older mechanics and little changes between iteration: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim

One is a reference towards general gameplay, the first one, if all games converge on a similar path, then most games pretty much become stale and unoriginal because there are so many of them.
The second, annual releases with little changes is another completely different issue, that's oversaturating. The claim is that CoD is stale and boring because it releases so fast with smaller changes each time, however note that it is still doing good population wise.
Had CoD not released annually, or perhaps stayed with a different release idea for the games, past, present and future games, instead of future, future, future, then we'd see a different attitude towards it, even with only smaller changes done.

Either way, the issue people have with Halo copying things is not the same issue others want them to have, because it has been ages since I've seen any "anti-nu-Halo-person" bash CoD for being the same. To me, Halo is stale and original for an entirely different reason than why others believe CoD is stale and unoriginal, but the latter belief is put in my mouth if I say Halo is getting stale and original because it is copying CoD, and following is the third argument, that if Halo goes back to what it did, classic Halo, it in turn becomes CoD (not in gameplay but release practice), which would make it CoD. I get words put in my mouth through some non-related issues and I'm suddenly contradicting myself according to those who disagree with me. I don't know about others but to me, gameplay =/= release practices.

If I say I don't want Halo to turn into CoD, and want Halo classic gameplay. I mean that I want Halo to stop copying CoD in terms of gameplay.
On the other hand, if Halo adopted CoD's release practices, it still wouldn't be CoD because it probably wouldn't play like CoD either way.
Huge difference, but as I said, they're made the same by those who disagree with me.

There is no paradox, there is only misunderstanding.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
*snip*
I think what KungFu Obama was getting at is how the stereotypical anti343 crowd's logic regarding 343i's take on Halo is copying CoD is inherently flawed.

Generally, anti-343i crowd states that Halo is going down the drain because they claim that 343i is obsessed with copying other franchises with respect to enhanced movements/abilities. They typically state Call of Duty, and we can all agree that Call of Duty is known for having annual releases that have little variation between each installment. They then go on to say that when Halo takes similar measures, Halo is being stale and unoriginal.

So, if you look at Halo reverting to the classic movements/abilities, he is arguing that Halo would be doing EXACTLY what the anti-343i crowd hates about CoD: not changing much between iterations and not being original.

Logically, you can not condemn nor support either perspective. It is all about having fun, which is highly subjective, therefore he is saying if you do not like the new Halos, either don't buy them and/or keep playing the original games.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing, OP.
And I in turn was getting at how he was putting what he was trying to get at.

Pretty much a cop out blanket statement and generalisations about people who criticise nu-Halo and i343.
-Go play the old Halos
-Don't buy the games
-Stop trying to ruin what I like

Let's move on to CoD vs Halo.

Halo copies CoD mechanics for gameplay: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim
CoD releases annually with little changes between each iteration: CoD is stale and unoriginal, claim

Gameplay, as in the first one, is not the same as "release practices", second one.
However, there's a continued part.

Halo goes back to older mechanics and little changes between iteration: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim

One is a reference towards general gameplay, the first one, if all games converge on a similar path, then most games pretty much become stale and unoriginal because there are so many of them.
The second, annual releases with little changes is another completely different issue, that's oversaturating. The claim is that CoD is stale and boring because it releases so fast with smaller changes each time, however note that it is still doing good population wise.
Had CoD not released annually, or perhaps stayed with a different release idea for the games, past, present and future games, instead of future, future, future, then we'd see a different attitude towards it, even with only smaller changes done.

Either way, the issue people have with Halo copying things is not the same issue others want them to have, because it has been ages since I've seen any "anti-nu-Halo-person" bash CoD for being the same. To me, Halo is stale and original for an entirely different reason than why others believe CoD is stale and unoriginal, but the latter belief is put in my mouth if I say Halo is getting stale and original because it is copying CoD, and following is the third argument, that if Halo goes back to what it did, classic Halo, it in turn becomes CoD (not in gameplay but release practice), which would make it CoD. I get words put in my mouth through some non-related issues and I'm suddenly contradicting myself according to those who disagree with me. I don't know about others but to me, gameplay =/= release practices.

If I say I don't want Halo to turn into CoD, and want Halo classic gameplay. I mean that I want Halo to stop copying CoD in terms of gameplay.
On the other hand, if Halo adopted CoD's release practices, it still wouldn't be CoD because it probably wouldn't play like CoD either way.
Huge difference, but as I said, they're made the same by those who disagree with me.

There is no paradox, there is only misunderstanding.
I can understand your frustration of grouping up release practices and gameplay. You are correct, they are far from the same thing.

Halo has always been one of the best, most balanced shooters in my opinion.

Regarding movements: When Halo 3 launched, it had the same movement style as 99% of other first person shooters. Movement ability was in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY the factor that made Halo 3 great. It was about balance, gunplay, maps, etc.

People obsessing over the removal of enhanced mobility as somehow separating Halo from Halo 3's greatness are wildly misguided. Running, jumping and crouching were a given, the balance and gunplay is what made it great.

Fast Forward to Halo 5. In the current era, many franchises have embraced enhanced mobility. ENHANCED MOBILITY DOES NOT DEFINE HALO 5. Excellently refined mechanics and the most balanced weapon sandbox we have ever seen in the Halo franchise does.

Regarding what the "Halo community" wants for the next game:
It's pure idiocy for us on Waypoint to think we are representative of the player population. No matter what 343i, Bungie, or any developer does, it will upset some people. The best thing 343i can do is to conduct Market Research and continue to use Focus Groups. The idea that Waypoint users think such tactics are worthless just blows my mind...
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
I love posts like this.

Yes, I like classic Halo, I've played it a lot. Thing is though, I want a Halo that perfect what the classics did, I want an improved classic Halo game, not one that goes the "modern" trend path, not a Halo that implements features because other games are having them. So, yes, in your words, Classic Halo will only get me so far, now I'm waiting for the continuation.

You're free to like all the change you like, but to go out and bash others in a negative manner for what they like and want, what are you trying to do? Now okay, you want to make out the majority as hypocrits for bashing CoD for the same content every year while wanting the same Halo every time, no? Can you provide examples of such events? Where someone wants classic Halo back as it was then and then bash CoD for rereleasing the same stuff? Or perhaps you don't know what they want, you just assume it, you disagree with it and try to make them out to be regressive and negative haters becausr you're afraid it may actually happen. As such you try to make those who you agree with out as haters, make them seem negative so less people will listen to them, in hopes of i343 looking at them, your post and goes, oh he's right, we can't listen to that guy, this guy says he's a hater, or scare / push people you disagree with away.

Of course, you may not be doing this, I'm just generalising and assuming in the same manner you are about classic fans who want classic Halo back for the new Halo.

So what are classic Halo fans trying to ruin for others? Wanting a more classic Halo for the next game? That would ruin it for those who like how it is now?

Didn't you tell those who dislike the game to not buy it? Isn't not wanting to have a classic halo game for the next Halo the same to classic fans as you make it out to be when classic Halo fans want classic Halo and what it'll ruin for others? How would anything you say now be any different but tables turned if i343 made a Classic Oriented Halo for their next Halo game?

Perhaps some of us classic Halo fans are passionate about Halo, and we want to see a Halo we like? There are things to appreciate in Halo 5, there were things to appreciate in Halo 4 even. Do you think we should have a list of things we appreciate that we copy paste every time we post some critisism?
I think what KungFu Obama was getting at is how the stereotypical anti343 crowd's logic regarding 343i's take on Halo is copying CoD is inherently flawed.

Generally, anti-343i crowd states that Halo is going down the drain because they claim that 343i is obsessed with copying other franchises with respect to enhanced movements/abilities. They typically state Call of Duty, and we can all agree that Call of Duty is known for having annual releases that have little variation between each installment. They then go on to say that when Halo takes similar measures, Halo is being stale and unoriginal.

So, if you look at Halo reverting to the classic movements/abilities, he is arguing that Halo would be doing EXACTLY what the anti-343i crowd hates about CoD: not changing much between iterations and not being original.

Logically, you can not condemn nor support either perspective. It is all about having fun, which is highly subjective, therefore he is saying if you do not like the new Halos, either don't buy them and/or keep playing the original games.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing, OP.
And I in turn was getting at how he was putting what he was trying to get at.

Pretty much a cop out blanket statement and generalisations about people who criticise nu-Halo and i343.
-Go play the old Halos
-Don't buy the games
-Stop trying to ruin what I like

Let's move on to CoD vs Halo.

Halo copies CoD mechanics for gameplay: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim
CoD releases annually with little changes between each iteration: CoD is stale and unoriginal, claim

Gameplay, as in the first one, is not the same as "release practices", second one.
However, there's a continued part.

Halo goes back to older mechanics and little changes between iteration: Halo is stale and unoriginal, claim

One is a reference towards general gameplay, the first one, if all games converge on a similar path, then most games pretty much become stale and unoriginal because there are so many of them.
The second, annual releases with little changes is another completely different issue, that's oversaturating. The claim is that CoD is stale and boring because it releases so fast with smaller changes each time, however note that it is still doing good population wise.
Had CoD not released annually, or perhaps stayed with a different release idea for the games, past, present and future games, instead of future, future, future, then we'd see a different attitude towards it, even with only smaller changes done.

Either way, the issue people have with Halo copying things is not the same issue others want them to have, because it has been ages since I've seen any "anti-nu-Halo-person" bash CoD for being the same. To me, Halo is stale and original for an entirely different reason than why others believe CoD is stale and unoriginal, but the latter belief is put in my mouth if I say Halo is getting stale and original because it is copying CoD, and following is the third argument, that if Halo goes back to what it did, classic Halo, it in turn becomes CoD (not in gameplay but release practice), which would make it CoD. I get words put in my mouth through some non-related issues and I'm suddenly contradicting myself according to those who disagree with me. I don't know about others but to me, gameplay =/= release practices.

If I say I don't want Halo to turn into CoD, and want Halo classic gameplay. I mean that I want Halo to stop copying CoD in terms of gameplay.
On the other hand, if Halo adopted CoD's release practices, it still wouldn't be CoD because it probably wouldn't play like CoD either way.
Huge difference, but as I said, they're made the same by those who disagree with me.

There is no paradox, there is only misunderstanding.
No, actually, you don't buy the games. It's very simple. It's not a cop-out, it's a solution.
If you ask me, cutting down playing time is a bad thing. I want to play the game more!
If you are saying because you have to grind for everything this creates more playing time, then i have to ask, did you ever play any other Halo games? Because grinding is exactly what turned me off for this game. While compared to past Halo games i have spent more time on.
It's not about grinding for me. I play for intrinsic value (the fun of playing Halo). What you call "grinding", I call playing the game. Playing for extrinsic value (commendations, 100% completion, armor, rewards, achievements, ranking up, REQ packs, etc.) is fun, but it's more of a bonus or me. Every 5 games I play, I get a reward. I like playing games, and I get rewarded for doing it. But I don't necessarily need that reward to continue playing.
Mikep40 wrote:
Ah,

Microtransactions are popping up in almost all modern games. Game developers have hit a point where game sales alone are not enough, and in order to make more profit they decide to implement microtransactions. A devious system that angers community's and almost always involves grinding and playing an RNG system. Very few games have a system where microtransactions get less aggressive, because no matter what you will have people who buy them. These players who spend absurd amounts of money on microtransactions manage to make up loss profit for people who decide not to buy the game. It is a system that ALMOST ALWAYS favors the paying players. These players manage to cut the grinding time and manage to have access to weapons much more faster.The best way to think of this, a person who buys packs compared to a person who does not is going to most likely earn things faster due to the fact that they do not have to grind.

At first i was ok with the REQ system, i believed that it did not have a huge effect on gaming and no matter what people could still earn all the same items. But as time progressed i noticed that the REQ system became alot more aggressive. Promotional packs that were priced insanely high in REQ points but only a small amount of money. This system favored the paying players who managed to SIGNIFICANTLY cut there playing time down.

Now we have come to month of mythic, the most aggressive packs yet. Priced extremely high for REQ points but only $10 for paying players. Lets this be a warning, Halo 6 will become incredibly aggressive if fans do not say no to this system. Do not buy Halo related merchandise, do not recommend the game, continue to make constructive posts on why this is an issue. For the future of Halo 5, for the future of Halo 6, for the future of the franchise, do not support an aggressive system!
I got everything in the game without spending money. It is no far fetch and it can help support a company
I prefer not to devote all my time to simply grinding but even if just want one piece of armor or a stance, assassinations anything cool i have to spend weeks grinding usually. There are other ways to support a company without microtransactions.
I'm fine with it, because all that grinding paid off and I am not complaining. Plus warzone sucks and all the random kids in it make it even worst. All the armor in the game are worth nothing. It is not going to make you better at the game, so you might as well just play the game. Go buy a halo toy or book
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
I love posts like this.

Yes, I like classic Halo, I've played it a lot. Thing is though, I want a Halo that perfect what the classics did, I want an improved classic Halo game, not one that goes the "modern" trend path, not a Halo that implements features because other games are having them. So, yes, in your words, Classic Halo will only get me so far, now I'm waiting for the continuation.

You're free to like all the change you like, but to go out and bash others in a negative manner for what they like and want, what are you trying to do? Now okay, you want to make out the majority as hypocrits for bashing CoD for the same content every year while wanting the same Halo every time, no? Can you provide examples of such events? Where someone wants classic Halo back as it was then and then bash CoD for rereleasing the same stuff? Or perhaps you don't know what they want, you just assume it, you disagree with it and try to make them out to be regressive and negative haters becausr you're afraid it may actually happen. As such you try to make those who you agree with out as haters, make them seem negative so less people will listen to them, in hopes of i343 looking at them, your post and goes, oh he's right, we can't listen to that guy, this guy says he's a hater, or scare / push people you disagree with away.

Of course, you may not be doing this, I'm just generalising and assuming in the same manner you are about classic fans who want classic Halo back for the new Halo.

So what are classic Halo fans trying to ruin for others? Wanting a more classic Halo for the next game? That would ruin it for those who like how it is now?

Didn't you tell those who dislike the game to not buy it? Isn't not wanting to have a classic halo game for the next Halo the same to classic fans as you make it out to be when classic Halo fans want classic Halo and what it'll ruin for others? How would anything you say now be any different but tables turned if i343 made a Classic Oriented Halo for their next Halo game?

Perhaps some of us classic Halo fans are passionate about Halo, and we want to see a Halo we like? There are things to appreciate in Halo 5, there were things to appreciate in Halo 4 even. Do you think we should have a list of things we appreciate that we copy paste every time we post some critisism?
.

.
No, actually, you don't buy the games. It's very simple. It's not a cop-out, it's a solution.
A solution to the critisism that's put forward?
If I were to stop buying Halo, i343 would fix what I see as issues?

Here's something funny though.

If I didn't have a record of me playing this game on this site, I'm said to have no validity in my opinion because I have no valid proof of experience playing the game. I can't have an opinion on something I haven't experienced, and this only holds true if I'm negative about something.

Had I played a little, I'm told that my negative critisism towards the game will change because I'll get better and learn how it works. I haven't played enough to have an informed opinion, and thus my critisism is unfounded.

Had I played more I'm asked why I play a game I hate so much, suddenly my opinion is of no relevance and all focus goes to the fact that I have critisism and I have played alot according to those who answer that way.

It's only a solution for you and anyone who use it in order to confront anyone with critisism without having to bother with the critisism itself, in instances that you disagree of course, nevermind the occasions where your opinions are the same or close to.

Best of all is that it comes from an assumption based on an illinformed stereotype / generalization, which of course result in a short non-approacing answer, "don't buy the games".
I don't think microtrasactions are all that bad in Halo 5. They only influence Warzone, and in my opinion not that much. It takes four-five games of Warzone to earn a gold pack. That takes about an hour to do. If you play only one hour of Halo 5 a day you get a daily gold pack, plus rank-up bonus packs, and daily login and win packs.

Now even if this is absolutely the worst thing ever to you there's another set of playlists that you have access to that don't use ANY REQs.

In addition to this all of the DLC is free. Free maps, guns, gametypes, etc. Not to mention all of the forge and machinima improvements that are payed for by REQ pack purchases.

Lastly, a gold pack is what? $2.99 right? Maybe I just think this because I have a job and earn money, but that's not a whole lot. I've bought a few REQ packs, and let me tell you it hasn't really given me an advantage I still suck at Halo.

At the end of the day 343 and Microsoft are companies, and despite popular opinion companies are created to make money, so they will get money out of the player base in one way or another. So it's either $3.00 optional weapon packs or $60.00 season passes.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
I love posts like this.

Yes, I like classic Halo, I've played it a lot. Thing is though, I want a Halo that perfect what the classics did, I want an improved classic Halo game, not one that goes the "modern" trend path, not a Halo that implements features because other games are having them. So, yes, in your words, Classic Halo will only get me so far, now I'm waiting for the continuation.

You're free to like all the change you like, but to go out and bash others in a negative manner for what they like and want, what are you trying to do? Now okay, you want to make out the majority as hypocrits for bashing CoD for the same content every year while wanting the same Halo every time, no? Can you provide examples of such events? Where someone wants classic Halo back as it was then and then bash CoD for rereleasing the same stuff? Or perhaps you don't know what they want, you just assume it, you disagree with it and try to make them out to be regressive and negative haters becausr you're afraid it may actually happen. As such you try to make those who you agree with out as haters, make them seem negative so less people will listen to them, in hopes of i343 looking at them, your post and goes, oh he's right, we can't listen to that guy, this guy says he's a hater, or scare / push people you disagree with away.

Of course, you may not be doing this, I'm just generalising and assuming in the same manner you are about classic fans who want classic Halo back for the new Halo.

So what are classic Halo fans trying to ruin for others? Wanting a more classic Halo for the next game? That would ruin it for those who like how it is now?

Didn't you tell those who dislike the game to not buy it? Isn't not wanting to have a classic halo game for the next Halo the same to classic fans as you make it out to be when classic Halo fans want classic Halo and what it'll ruin for others? How would anything you say now be any different but tables turned if i343 made a Classic Oriented Halo for their next Halo game?

Perhaps some of us classic Halo fans are passionate about Halo, and we want to see a Halo we like? There are things to appreciate in Halo 5, there were things to appreciate in Halo 4 even. Do you think we should have a list of things we appreciate that we copy paste every time we post some critisism?
.
.
No, actually, you don't buy the games. It's very simple. It's not a cop-out, it's a solution.
A solution to the critisism that's put forward?
If I were to stop buying Halo, i343 would fix what I see as issues?

Here's something funny though.

If I didn't have a record of me playing this game on this site, I'm said to have no validity in my opinion because I have no valid proof of experience playing the game. I can't have an opinion on something I haven't experienced, and this only holds true if I'm negative about something.

Had I played a little, I'm told that my negative critisism towards the game will change because I'll get better and learn how it works. I haven't played enough to have an informed opinion, and thus my critisism is unfounded.

Had I played more I'm asked why I play a game I hate so much, suddenly my opinion is of no relevance and all focus goes to the fact that I have critisism and I have played alot according to those who answer that way.

It's only a solution for you and anyone who use it in order to confront anyone with critisism without having to bother with the critisism itself, in instances that you disagree of course, nevermind the occasions where your opinions are the same or close to.

Best of all is that it comes from an assumption based on an illinformed stereotype / generalization, which of course result in a short non-approacing answer, "don't buy the games".
Actually, you lost your entire argument by stating, "If I were to stop buying Halo, i343 would fix what I see as issues?", what you see is not a good argumentative piece. Good day, I won't be replying to you.
Deagrok wrote:
Psh. I do what I want.
Our right as a consumer.
I had to grind so much. And it does get repetitive.
Justima wrote:
Too late, a chunk of people favor the system and 343 knows it. Halo 6 will have very invasive system if it continues to have micro-transaction system.
The people have spoke and they have been heard.
Justima wrote:
Too late, a chunk of people favor the system and 343 knows it. Halo 6 will have very invasive system if it continues to have micro-transaction system.
The people have spoke and they have been heard.
Yeah 343 listened to those people and continued work same thing.
MICROTRANSACTIONS WILL BE THE DEATH OF HALO!...

I do not think so I do not and seen need to buy some mricotransacion because it does not improve the game besides that everything that unlocks it for a mode that has uan completely socially things yourself can unlock with own esfuesso of heading played
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Shocking!! Right?
What's more shocking to fans is that they don't own the property. They and a hundred other rotating yellers in the forums each spent exactly what millions of others spent...and they somehow think Their IP is being mishandled and that their opinions carry actual weight.
I love posts like this.

Yes, I like classic Halo, I've played it a lot. Thing is though, I want a Halo that perfect what the classics did, I want an improved classic Halo game, not one that goes the "modern" trend path, not a Halo that implements features because other games are having them. So, yes, in your words, Classic Halo will only get me so far, now I'm waiting for the continuation.

You're free to like all the change you like, but to go out and bash others in a negative manner for what they like and want, what are you trying to do? Now okay, you want to make out the majority as hypocrits for bashing CoD for the same content every year while wanting the same Halo every time, no? Can you provide examples of such events? Where someone wants classic Halo back as it was then and then bash CoD for rereleasing the same stuff? Or perhaps you don't know what they want, you just assume it, you disagree with it and try to make them out to be regressive and negative haters becausr you're afraid it may actually happen. As such you try to make those who you agree with out as haters, make them seem negative so less people will listen to them, in hopes of i343 looking at them, your post and goes, oh he's right, we can't listen to that guy, this guy says he's a hater, or scare / push people you disagree with away.

Of course, you may not be doing this, I'm just generalising and assuming in the same manner you are about classic fans who want classic Halo back for the new Halo.

So what are classic Halo fans trying to ruin for others? Wanting a more classic Halo for the next game? That would ruin it for those who like how it is now?

Didn't you tell those who dislike the game to not buy it? Isn't not wanting to have a classic halo game for the next Halo the same to classic fans as you make it out to be when classic Halo fans want classic Halo and what it'll ruin for others? How would anything you say now be any different but tables turned if i343 made a Classic Oriented Halo for their next Halo game?

Perhaps some of us classic Halo fans are passionate about Halo, and we want to see a Halo we like? There are things to appreciate in Halo 5, there were things to appreciate in Halo 4 even. Do you think we should have a list of things we appreciate that we copy paste every time we post some critisism?
.
.

Actually, you lost your entire argument by stating, "If I were to stop buying Halo, i343 would fix what I see as issues?", what you see is not a good argumentative piece. Good day, I won't be replying to you.
Stating? No, it's a question that I hoped you would answer, because you said it was a solution.

Of course you won't continue, you have nothing to come with. Throw out an empty statement and that's it.
I still pick a Req system regulated to only 2 PvP gametypes and 1 PVE over pricy DLC that divides the pop. The divided pop didn't matter in H2 or H3 because there were so many players. H6 wouldn't be able to afford a divided population. Keep the Req's. No one is putting a gun to our heads to buy them. Also to be honest everyone is saying rich people pwning but don't they have to be rich and Good? If they are an avg or below player the Req cards will not make them great. They will simply become a Temple Ghost, The Answer, and Profits Bane delivery service for the opposition. I mean honestly how many players in Halo 5 are rich and really good at Halo? Even then rich guy can't break out the Hannibal Scorp when "Req 3's are now available!".
Ah,

Microtransactions are popping up in almost all modern games. Game developers have hit a point where game sales alone are not enough, and in order to make more profit they decide to implement microtransactions. A devious system that angers community's and almost always involves grinding and playing an RNG system. Very few games have a system where microtransactions get less aggressive, because no matter what you will have people who buy them. These players who spend absurd amounts of money on microtransactions manage to make up loss profit for people who decide not to buy the game. It is a system that ALMOST ALWAYS favors the paying players. These players manage to cut the grinding time and manage to have access to weapons much more faster.The best way to think of this, a person who buys packs compared to a person who does not is going to most likely earn things faster due to the fact that they do not have to grind.

At first i was ok with the REQ system, i believed that it did not have a huge effect on gaming and no matter what people could still earn all the same items. But as time progressed i noticed that the REQ system became alot more aggressive. Promotional packs that were priced insanely high in REQ points but only a small amount of money. This system favored the paying players who managed to SIGNIFICANTLY cut there playing time down.

Now we have come to month of mythic, the most aggressive packs yet. Priced extremely high for REQ points but only $10 for paying players. Lets this be a warning, Halo 6 will become incredibly aggressive if fans do not say no to this system. Do not buy Halo related merchandise, do not recommend the game, continue to make constructive posts on why this is an issue. For the future of Halo 5, for the future of Halo 6, for the future of the franchise, do not support an aggressive system!
You keep it up too!! With more like minded individuals real change will be affected!!!
Lux in Via wrote:
Cade 13x wrote:
I think microtransactions was one of the best things 343 could have done for Halo. Love all the opinions, though. Forums are for all of the people to communicate.
Just curious when did you start playing Halo? I'm not gonna jump on you. I just want to know when someone might have started with an opinion like you.
Been playing since Halo 1. New Years 2003, to be exact.
I dont like microtransactions in halo, but i wont make a fuss until they mess it up further in future halo games. Right now im not afected by it, nor was i during month of mythic in warzone matches. I dont like it becuase it isnt halos style, it feels weird and misplaced. I want old halo ways, the ways of earning armor.

I wish they made halo 5's req system like mass afect 3's, like they were thinking of doing. That at least felt more like halo.
I think this constitutes as an "old" thread, so allow me to say. Please don't revive old threads, thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12