Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Microtransactions will be the death of Halo!

OP OutSpokenGamer

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12
I think microtransactions was one of the best things 343 could have done for Halo. Love all the opinions, though. Forums are for all of the people to communicate.
Cade 13x wrote:
I think microtransactions was one of the best things 343 could have done for Halo. Love all the opinions, though. Forums are for all of the people to communicate.
Just curious when did you start playing Halo? I'm not gonna jump on you. I just want to know when someone might have started with an opinion like you.
Yes.....yes it will be. ):
Profesnol wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
I had a similar opinion on the REQ system at launch, I thought it wouldn't change halo all that much but now that I see more and more promotional packs that are either worth obscure amounts of REQ points or not even able to be purchased with REQ points, all I can do is hope the REQ system doesn't carry on in halo 6 the same way it was done here in halo 5.
I hate to say it but it is probably going to carry over since there are so many who love promotional packs and buy them.
I hope they dumb it down a bit, like make lower lever REQs available for purchase so that the stupid people with money just laying around can still get the stuff they want, but reserve some of the better armor Loken the master chief armor and helleoscroll armor for achievements so that they can still properly reward the people who grind the he'll out of halo 5 and still get some little extra money in their pockets if they really need it.
In my opinion Halo should go back to a Reach like unlock system for armor, and if weapons are still locked maybe something similar to Halo 4 for weapons plus or minus the credit idea to buy the weapons. Whether you like buying weapons or just unlocking them with commendations or solely experience levels unlocking them.
Or they can remove the system altogether because the only things you should be unlocking in Halo are cosmetics. If they take out warzone, the req system, and add split-screen for Halo 6 and make the rest just like Halo 5 they would easily have one of the best Halos ever made. All they would need to do is ship it with more content as far as BTB maps and have more diverse playlists like a classic playlist without advanced movement abilities (I'm not bashing Halo 5s movement system. I really like it but the game has settings for classic and should include a playlist for it.) Hopefully it also ships with forge and the custom game browser. And if they want to have DLC without splitting the community for 6 they could just ship the game for $80 or more for the base price instead of having a season pass. That way everyone has already payed for it and we don't have to deal with micros. Or they could just ship the entire finished game to begin with... but all that is up to Microsoft and the only way they are going to cut the micros will be if the cattle stop buying them.
Deagrok wrote:
Psh. I do what I want.
Our freedom right as a consumer lol
Profesnol wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
I had a similar opinion on the REQ system at launch, I thought it wouldn't change halo all that much but now that I see more and more promotional packs that are either worth obscure amounts of REQ points or not even able to be purchased with REQ points, all I can do is hope the REQ system doesn't carry on in halo 6 the same way it was done here in halo 5.
I hate to say it but it is probably going to carry over since there are so many who love promotional packs and buy them.
I hope they dumb it down a bit, like make lower lever REQs available for purchase so that the stupid people with money just laying around can still get the stuff they want, but reserve some of the better armor Loken the master chief armor and helleoscroll armor for achievements so that they can still properly reward the people who grind the he'll out of halo 5 and still get some little extra money in their pockets if they really need it.
In my opinion Halo should go back to a Reach like unlock system for armor, and if weapons are still locked maybe something similar to Halo 4 for weapons plus or minus the credit idea to buy the weapons. Whether you like buying weapons or just unlocking them with commendations or solely experience levels unlocking them.
Or they can remove the system altogether because the only things you should be unlocking in Halo are cosmetics. If they take out warzone, the req system, and add split-screen for Halo 6 and make the rest just like Halo 5 they would easily have one of the best Halos ever made. All they would need to do is ship it with more content as far as BTB maps and have more diverse playlists like a classic playlist without advanced movement abilities (I'm not bashing Halo 5s movement system. I really like it but the game has settings for classic and should include a playlist for it.) Hopefully it also ships with forge and the custom game browser. And if they want to have DLC without splitting the community for 6 they could just ship the game for $80 or more for the base price instead of having a season pass. That way everyone has already payed for it and we don't have to deal with micros. Or they could just ship the entire finished game to begin with... but all that is up to Microsoft and the only way they are going to cut the micros will be if the cattle stop buying them.
I'm not saying I like locked weapons. In fact I hope they take it out, but I don't think they will. I was saying how they could improve it although I still don't like the idea.
help us Barbra Streisand.
Ah,

Microtransactions are popping up in almost all modern games. Game developers have hit a point where game sales alone are not enough, and in order to make more profit they decide to implement microtransactions. A devious system that angers community's and almost always involves grinding and playing an RNG system. Very few games have a system where microtransactions get less aggressive, because no matter what you will have people who buy them. These players who spend absurd amounts of money on microtransactions manage to make up loss profit for people who decide not to buy the game. It is a system that ALMOST ALWAYS favors the paying players. These players manage to cut the grinding time and manage to have access to weapons much more faster.The best way to think of this, a person who buys packs compared to a person who does not is going to most likely earn things faster due to the fact that they do not have to grind.

At first i was ok with the REQ system, i believed that it did not have a huge effect on gaming and no matter what people could still earn all the same items. But as time progressed i noticed that the REQ system became alot more aggressive. Promotional packs that were priced insanely high in REQ points but only a small amount of money. This system favored the paying players who managed to SIGNIFICANTLY cut there playing time down.

Now we have come to month of mythic, the most aggressive packs yet. Priced extremely high for REQ points but only $10 for paying players. Lets this be a warning, Halo 6 will become incredibly aggressive if fans do not say no to this system. Do not buy Halo related merchandise, do not recommend the game, continue to make constructive posts on why this is an issue. For the future of Halo 5, for the future of Halo 6, for the future of the franchise, do not support an aggressive system!
I got everything in the game without spending money. It is no far fetch and it can help support a company
Mikep40 wrote:
Ah,
Microtransactions are popping up in almost all modern games. Game developers have hit a point where game sales alone are not enough, and in order to make more profit they decide to implement microtransactions. A devious system that angers community's and almost always involves grinding and playing an RNG system. Very few games have a system where microtransactions get less aggressive, because no matter what you will have people who buy them. These players who spend absurd amounts of money on microtransactions manage to make up loss profit for people who decide not to buy the game. It is a system that ALMOST ALWAYS favors the paying players. These players manage to cut the grinding time and manage to have access to weapons much more faster.The best way to think of this, a person who buys packs compared to a person who does not is going to most likely earn things faster due to the fact that they do not have to grind.
At first i was ok with the REQ system, i believed that it did not have a huge effect on gaming and no matter what people could still earn all the same items. But as time progressed i noticed that the REQ system became alot more aggressive. Promotional packs that were priced insanely high in REQ points but only a small amount of money. This system favored the paying players who managed to SIGNIFICANTLY cut there playing time down.
Now we have come to month of mythic, the most aggressive packs yet. Priced extremely high for REQ points but only $10 for paying players. Lets this be a warning, Halo 6 will become incredibly aggressive if fans do not say no to this system. Do not buy Halo related merchandise, do not recommend the game, continue to make constructive posts on why this is an issue. For the future of Halo 5, for the future of Halo 6, for the future of the franchise, do not support an aggressive system!
I got everything in the game without spending money. It is no far fetch and it can help support a company
Or it could completely alienate veteran fans of the franchise... Who will then refuse to buy the game offsetting the benefits. Of my group of friends who have always played Halo together I am the only one who has bought Halo 5, and I haven't spent a cent on the micros. They are an offensive way to strip money from your customers. If they need additional income to support the game post launch they should add the cost of a season pass to the base version of the game so that everyone gets it and not ship it until it has enough content to be worth that price.
Mikep40 wrote:
Ah,

Microtransactions are popping up in almost all modern games. Game developers have hit a point where game sales alone are not enough, and in order to make more profit they decide to implement microtransactions. A devious system that angers community's and almost always involves grinding and playing an RNG system. Very few games have a system where microtransactions get less aggressive, because no matter what you will have people who buy them. These players who spend absurd amounts of money on microtransactions manage to make up loss profit for people who decide not to buy the game. It is a system that ALMOST ALWAYS favors the paying players. These players manage to cut the grinding time and manage to have access to weapons much more faster.The best way to think of this, a person who buys packs compared to a person who does not is going to most likely earn things faster due to the fact that they do not have to grind.

At first i was ok with the REQ system, i believed that it did not have a huge effect on gaming and no matter what people could still earn all the same items. But as time progressed i noticed that the REQ system became alot more aggressive. Promotional packs that were priced insanely high in REQ points but only a small amount of money. This system favored the paying players who managed to SIGNIFICANTLY cut there playing time down.

Now we have come to month of mythic, the most aggressive packs yet. Priced extremely high for REQ points but only $10 for paying players. Lets this be a warning, Halo 6 will become incredibly aggressive if fans do not say no to this system. Do not buy Halo related merchandise, do not recommend the game, continue to make constructive posts on why this is an issue. For the future of Halo 5, for the future of Halo 6, for the future of the franchise, do not support an aggressive system!
I got everything in the game without spending money. It is no far fetch and it can help support a company
I prefer not to devote all my time to simply grinding but even if just want one piece of armor or a stance, assassinations anything cool i have to spend weeks grinding usually. There are other ways to support a company without microtransactions.
Cade 13x wrote:
I think microtransactions was one of the best things 343 could have done for Halo. Love all the opinions, though. Forums are for all of the people to communicate.
Just curious when did you start playing Halo? I'm not gonna jump on you. I just want to know when someone might have started with an opinion like you.
Probably too young to remember when games shipped completed and game company's didn't scalp you after you bought their titles.
As much as I dislike microtransactions and the premise of them... in the end, money is being made, and IT IS all about the money!

Lets for example say, if you were to invest in a product (using your own money) you would believe and expect that it would yield benefits for you in the future, a give and take if you will; Microsoft invested in 343 Industries and the Halo Franchise and expects to get a profit, simple as that.

Now acknowledging that the microtransactions will not be going or abandoned, as it has had phenomenal revenue during Halo 5: Guardians and some of Halo 4, what should be addressed is that there should be NO PAY TO WIN! The microtransactions should serve as a shortcut point for players who want to get alot of in-game merchandise faster rather than grinding the game, however the game should still allow you to get this through in-game progress (ie 10,000 REQ points or $2.99). The exception to this would be microtransactions that support outside gaming organisations like Counter Logic Gaming, Optic Gaming and Evil Geniuses, these are fine to remain as pay to have, as it gives them a slight buff too and is like buying a sport team jersey or merchandise of which you support or barrack for...
the only way to win warzone these days is to pay for reqs dont say other wise.
Can't tell if trolling or not.
No...its not.
no
Syxnrgy wrote:
As much as I dislike microtransactions and the premise of them in the end money is being made... and IT IS all about the money! If you were to invest in a product you would expect that it would yield benefits for you in the future, a give and take if you will; Microsoft invested in 343 Industries and the Halo Franchise and expects to get a profit, simple as that. Now acknowledging that the microtransactions will not be going or abandoned, what should be addressed is that there should be NO PAY TO WIN! The microtransactions should serve as a short cut point for people who want to get alot more faster rather than grinding the game, however the game should still allow you to get this ingame merchandise. The exception to this would be however microtransactions support gaming organisations like Counter Logic Gaming, Optic Gaming and Evil Geniuses, these are fine to remain as pay to have. :)
They are only offsetting the money they are loosing replacing copies sold to people who will not buy a game with micros with money made from the people who will buy the micros. In the end just hurting the games population.
Honestly, I think they are awesome. We get free DLC because other people are basically paying for us to get it
BECKFAST10 wrote:
Honestly, I think they are awesome. We get free DLC because other people are basically paying for us to get it
I would rather have that DLC at launch considering most of the DLC released is cut and delayed content.
Yeah, it's like Feminism
Micro transactions are here to stay. If a developer makes it pay to win though, they'll be killing their own game. Like in Overwatch, its all cosmetics. Most players won't even buy a game that that has the scent of pay to win.
If you ask me, cutting down playing time is a bad thing. I want to play the game more!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12