2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
I get it, you don't care about PvE options in a Halo game, but that doesn't mean those of us who do are in the wrong to expect a PvE element on a Halo release. Sorry it bothers you, dude.
While the are many things I am disappointed about in Halo 5, the one thing I can't look past is the lack of multiplayer game modes and maps. I don't know how anyone can not get bored playing the same three game modes over and over again on the same maps. Seriously, it would have required zero effort to put in Oddball (they already have a skull modeled from the campaign) and King of the Hill (just reconfigure Strongholds). Even the weekend play lists that are supposed to be something new and refreshing end up just being slayer with some twist. I never thought this would happen, but I've gone back to the MCC, despite the broken matchmaking, because at least there I can get some variety in game modes.

And no, "don't worry, it's coming" is not a valid excuse at this point. The game came out almost a month and a half ago now and I am supposed to just wait patiently and beg for the most basic of game modes that have been in the series for over a decade? Screw that.

Listen, I am not some "hater" of 343. I really like Halo 4, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the MCC. While I am disappointed with the campaign, I can at least understand what they were going for. Same with lack of Firefight, I can at least respect them for trying something new with Warzone. But the lack of the most basic features like Oddball and campaign scoring (and don't get me started on split-screen) is just plain f***ing lazy.
It's interesting how so many people have nip picked the hell out of the game. We all want some things in the game but some people are just taking it over board.
Halo 4 and now 5 continue to have less features consecutively instead of every game up to reach (except odst) having more than the previous title.
It's not asking to much for them to at least have as much content as a game from 5 years ago is it?
Halo 4 and now 5 continue to have less features consecutively instead of every game up to reach (except odst) having more than the previous title.
It's not asking to much for them to at least have as much content as a game from 5 years ago is it?
Less features? How. Halo 4 whilst the worst Halo in the series (trying to force itself to be a class based shooter) it had a lot of content, Spartan Ops, a buttload of gametypes, a great campaign, etc etc. And as for Halo 5: It has Arena, Warzone, a great campaign, and not to mention we are getting forge next week or so. So yeah, lack of content, I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Yeah I would have liked to have Spartan Ops or Firefight back. I just like the idea of our custom made Spartans fighting the Covenant on a battlefield. And I also hope they return to the old armor customization. Halo has just getting better and dull at the same time with these brash changes and I hope 343 can bring us back with Halo 6. If not, I'll still be a Halo fan.
This has got to be the worst apologist thread ive ever seen. Your argument is basically: Who cares if they clearly cut content and didn't feel the need to include (much less improve upon) several basic features, developing is so hard they don't need to be decent at their jobs, they can alienate the fanbase and sell an incomplete product off of false advertising so long as it actually works this time and they promise to give ud basic halo features eventually, and they certainly can't be held responsible for their own poor design choices because you should be blanking Microsoft for all these things (while at the same time having the guts to say there isn't actually anything we should be unhappy about because it doesn't affect your low standards of entertainment).

What you don't get is people are upset because we want things to stop getting removed from the games. We've given up asking for new and fresh features that every halo game had brought before like theater forge firefight spartan ops etc, we're pitching a fit about them taking away things that we already had. That's pathetic that our standards are so low as to not hope for new features, our standards are so low for this company that we want a working game when we buy it that still has the old features we like that have no excuse for being removed (other that developing being hard, what a joke this is why i don't like coming on the forums much anymore)
I understand, but we have to have expectations in order for every new and upcoming Halo game to be of the highest quality possible. The developers have to know what we love and hate.
Most of the people at my school hate H5. They probably hate it because low populations though, right? I mean, why else would you hate it? It's lack of content? No, impossible, it's all coming soon, even though the common consumer probably doesn't know this because, why would they? Could it be the downright spastic gameplay? No, the TTK is just like it was in H2, a perfect Halo, unless it's being used to counter my argument about H5. Anyways, 4 bursts, just like the H2 BR, even though the H5 BR is far more accurate and a much higher rate of fire than the H2 one... Spartan Abilities? Bah, it's equal starts! Who cares how much they detract from the proper Halo gameplay that H5 nearly had, its even starts, just like the old Halos, which are again perfect until used as a point of criticism for H5! Lack of splitscreen? Nope! I don't mind it personally, so neither does anyone else! Annoying, unfair, random REQ system? I personally love grinding for 2 hours just to get 2 ugly, anime mecha looking alternate helmets/armors which I already got from bronzes but with a different pattern, so they must love it too! ...darn, what could it be that's making them hate H5? Hmmmm....OH! I know! They must be 343 HATERS who DARE think 343i should actually TRY when making a Halo game! It's obvious they try elsewhere, like the books, collectibles, toys, etc...but expecting them to try with the games? HERESY! Expecting them to give a damn? BLASPHEMY! I'll have a word with those 343 haters at school Monday...
Its sad how intoxicating the halo community has become. People can't even give 343i even the smallest bit of support, when in my opinion they've done a fantastic job, they just need to finish it off. Only a few true halo fans know how to be patient.
Its sad how intoxicating the halo community has become. People can't even give 343i even the smallest bit of support, when in my opinion they've done a fantastic job, they just need to finish it off. Only a few true halo fans know how to be patient.
True that.
Why should we have to be patient? And why does this community think every one of its problems are going to be solved in these content updates? They have not officially anounced Infection, or anything beyond Forge yet. And, I bet, IF Infection is released post launch, it will be ranked, which will encourage try-harding, which can be fun in a competitive setting, but Infection is a social setting, just for fun. Also, look, I know I'm not going to changd your, or anyone's, viewpoint. I'm expecting a defensive response from you, one of 343's many Sentinels (see what I did there? ;3), and you have every right to. I simply request that you keep it civil, please, thank you. <3
ReemoYur wrote:
Why should we have to be patient? And why does this community think every one of its problems are going to be solved in these content updates? They have not officially anounced Infection, or anything beyond Forge yet. And, I bet, IF Infection is released post launch, it will be ranked, which will encourage try-harding, which can be fun in a competitive setting, but Infection is a social setting, just for fun. Also, look, I know I'm not going to changd your, or anyone's, viewpoint. I'm expecting a defensive response from you, one of 343's many Sentinels (see what I did there? ;3), and you have every right to. I simply request that you keep it civil, please, thank you. <3
I read it somewhere on halo reddit. Someone from 343 said that they are indeed working on social playlists and it will come in the future. They said its not as easy as "flippin a switch"
*shrugs*

Sure there could be some more features, which are still coming as they have said numerous times. but overall its a good game?
nrgizer36 wrote:
HueyPato wrote:
monitor EU wrote:
Part of me can't help thinking that those parts of this community expect way too much of 343i
It's not too much to expect 343i to give us a finished product after spending $60.

monitor EU wrote:
The fact is that game development is incredibly tough, and there are time constraints every step of the way.
Such a piss poor excuse when almost every Halo game released before 2012 released with a full amount of content:
Quote:
In the past, Halo games have constantly taken steps forward with the amount of content present in each game (all complete and fully operational at launch I might add).

Halo: Combat Evolved (2001 at $49.99):
  • Full Singleplayer (with 2-player Co-op)
  • Split-Screen Multiplayer
  • LAN Multiplayer
Halo 2 (2004 at $49.99):
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE Multiplayer
  • Enhanced Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
Halo 3 (2007 at $59.99):
  • Full Singleplayer (with 2 player Co-op)
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
  • 4 Player Campaign Co-op over Xbox LIVE
  • Forge Mode
  • File Sharing
  • Theater (including campaign theater)
Halo: Reach (2010 at $59.99):
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Another giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
  • Greatly Enhanced Forge Mode
  • File Sharing
  • Firefight
(skip forward five years)

Halo 5: Guardians (2015 still at $59.99) (at launch):
  • Full Singleplayer (SOLO ONLY)
  • NO SPLIT-SCREEN SUPPORT
  • NO LAN MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Enormous STEP DOWN in Custom Game Options
  • Enormous STEP DOWN in Character Customization Options
  • NO FORGE MODE
  • NO FILE SHARING
  • Barely Functioning Theater (not including campaign theater)
  • NO CO-OP MODE (FIREFIGHT)

monitor EU wrote:
If that means adding more content via free, monthly updates after launch then so be it - that's not something I take issue with. Sure it would have been nice to have more maps from launch but I certainly don't consider them "missing".
Sounds a lot like early access games to me, only you're paying full price up front rather than half or a quarter of the price. So great.

monitor EU wrote:
Also, Halo isn't a "dying" franchise
Halo has been slowly dying since 2012.
Ya I have to agree with you. It's a shame they can't put all the content in at launch like Bungie did back in the day.
You're kidding right? Prime example most Halo 3 player's didn't receive all the maps until they purchased O.D.S.T. remember? It was a double disc ..... Seriously? Try Harder
Halo 3 released with forge, a funner campaign, a better theater mode, better customs, social playlist, and community features like Bungie's favorites. That's pathetic on 343i's. Stop damage controlling fam you're making yourself look like a 343 fan not a Halo fan.
ReemoYur wrote:
I read it somewhere on halo reddit. Someone from 343 said that they are indeed working on social playlists and it will come in the future. They said its not as easy as "flippin a switch"
It's their job whether or not it's easy doesn't matter. The people in 343i chose to develop games and should be expected to release complete titles.
nrgizer36 wrote:
HueyPato wrote:
monitor EU wrote:
Part of me can't help thinking that those parts of this community expect way too much of 343i
It's not too much to expect 343i to give us a finished product after spending $60.

monitor EU wrote:
The fact is that game development is incredibly tough, and there are time constraints every step of the way.
Such a piss poor excuse when almost every Halo game released before 2012 released with a full amount of content:
Quote:
In the past, Halo games have constantly taken steps forward with the amount of content present in each game (all complete and fully operational at launch I might add).

Halo: Combat Evolved (2001 at $49.99):
  • LAN Multiplayer
Halo 2 (2004 at $49.99):
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE Multiplayer
  • Enhanced Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
Halo 3 (2007 at $59.99):
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
  • Forge Mode
  • File Sharing
Halo: Reach (2010 at $59.99):
  • LAN multiplayer
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Another giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options
  • Greatly Enhanced Forge Mode
  • File Sharing
  • Firefight
(skip forward five years)

Halo 5: Guardians (2015 still at $59.99) (at launch):
  • Full Singleplayer (SOLO ONLY)
  • NO SPLIT-SCREEN SUPPORT
  • NO LAN MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT
  • Xbox LIVE multiplayer
  • Enormous STEP DOWN in Custom Game Options
  • Enormous STEP DOWN in Character Customization Options
  • NO FORGE MODE
  • NO FILE SHARING
  • Barely Functioning Theater (not including campaign theater)
  • NO CO-OP MODE (FIREFIGHT)

monitor EU wrote:
If that means adding more content via free, monthly updates after launch then so be it - that's not something I take issue with. Sure it would have been nice to have more maps from launch but I certainly don't consider them "missing".
Sounds a lot like early access games to me, only you're paying full price up front rather than half or a quarter of the price. So great.

monitor EU wrote:
Also, Halo isn't a "dying" franchise
Halo has been slowly dying since 2012.
Ya I have to agree with you. It's a shame they can't put all the content in at launch like Bungie did back in the day.
You're kidding right? Prime example most Halo 3 player's didn't receive all the maps until they purchased O.D.S.T. remember? It was a double disc ..... Seriously? Try Harder
Halo 3 released with forge, a funner campaign, a better theater mode, better customs, social playlist, and community features like Bungie's favorites. That's pathetic on 343i's. Stop damage controlling fam you're making yourself look like a 343 fan not a Halo fan.
for starters "funner" is not a word. And "fam"?

Forge is coming, that is an opinion, another opinion, another opinion, social is coming, and they didn't have that in Reach their last actual Halo game so yeah :)
I agree on that it does need some more playlists, and honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done something about that by now. If they don't fix that soon, the player-base will drop like a rock..
True Halo fans care about the franchise not some developer. They care about upholding the standards of Halo not about the feelings of devs. A true Halo fan doesn't defend the lack of content and he/she isn't a Bungie or 343 fanboy. He/she could enjoy Halo 5 but NEVER would defend the lack of vital community features.
CeresVR wrote:
I agree on that it does need some more playlists, and honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done something about that by now. If they don't fix that soon, the player-base will drop like a rock..
Unfortunately it already has dropped faster than Halo 4 did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11