2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
343 Industries has stated that they want to introduce new players into the Halo Universe. That's the main problem!!! They are not caring for the Veterans!!!
Through reach and h4 we saw a steady decline in halo's popularity. Now with h5 posting record low sales and falling out of the xbl most played games top 10 within a month of release it is clear that halo has been taken in the wrong direction.

The forced addition of numerous gameplay mechanics from other games have had a cancerous effect on halo.

The main effects being

-The gameplay is too complicated for casuals
-The changes have alienated fans of older halo games.
-The changes have made the gameplay uncompetitive.

Things like ADS, sprint, thruster, perks, killstreaks, burn cards, jetpacks, etc do not mess with the core halo formula and 3 games into this transformation process we are are finally seeing the full results.

Halo desperately needs a reboot. A reboot that features the master chief as the MAIN character. A reboot that stays true to halo gameplay. A halo reboot that emphasizes both casual AND competitve multiplayer.
If you want old halo gameplay the master chief collection is there for you to play, otherwise halo has evolved deal with it, its been the same thing for 10+ years and 343 just decided to change things up a bit.
This is the most fun I have had playing halo since I was 8 playing CE. It's great, I think the people who don't like it are just old. Not hating I just think that is why. For me growing up playing halo and other fps as the gaming style evolved so has halo. Halo however evolved in such a way it has stayed unique. So if you are only 15-20 years away from retirement and complaining about halo; it has less to do with the game and more to do with your slowing reflexes. And if you are thinking to yourself " I miss slower game play" you prove my point.
No, 343s terrible execution has. I'd be playing H5 daily if it had some actual content that made me come back to the game.
DreadGrunt wrote:
No, 343s terrible execution has. I'd be playing H5 daily if it had some actual content that made me come back to the game.
And you will have by the end of the month.
I disagree, I think the gameplay is perfect now. The only thing I dislike about the game is it's current lack of content.
You are one person. Your personal opinion in the face of declining sales and an overall population that falls outside of the xbl top 10 means nothing.
Long time Halo player here, been playing online since the Halo 3 days, and played Halo 2 customs with buddies every week when it was in its prime. Absolute veteran of the franchise, and I'm gonna have to be frank, I agree with hellotherekyle. I understand that you think he's just one person, but a large amount of people, including myself, believe that the gameplay is phenomenal. It's just the fact that the game is missing a massive amount of content that causes lots of us to become disgruntled.
As much as you seem to dislike Halo 5 and 343, I can't help but notice you took 10 dollars of your hard-earned cash to name yourself after the map that was announced two days ago.

Anyway, if you don't modernize, you fall behind, and new players aren't going to want to play your game. New customers is what is going to keep the franchise rolling, if you keep making carbon copies, only the fans of that carbon copy are going to buy it, and potential new players will pick it up, think 'well this is old news', and move on. The issue isn't alienating the old fanbase (a static amount), it's about trying to not alienate the new fanbase and newcomers.
Monitor SC wrote:
But, not "modernizing" Halo would have killed it, too. The competition would have been more appealing for the sheer sake of being "new".
If 343i made a Halo 3 clone with better graphics etc., the "classic" elitists would be circlejerking around it while everyone else rips the -Yoink- out of 343i for not innovating or making a modern shooter. They can't win, that's why they've picked a path and gone with it. And good on them for doing so.
Have you ever heard of just improving gameplay, you the thing that happened between Halo CE-3 that everyone seems to forget. You can't say Halo 2 is a clone of CE in terms of gameplay and vise-versa for Halo 2 to 3, everyone loved those games and they were all different to each other.
And everyone seems to love going on the Innovating/evolving Bandwagon, what Halo 5 has done is not evolve, 3D movement and Verticality is just a gimmick/trend that the genre decided to do.
You could easily make the game more evolved even if the gameplay was very similar to the bungie Halo games.
Then please, name of these ideas. every time I ask this, it is ignored. It apparently seems to me that Halo cannot take inspiration from other games mechanics and make its own take on them because that's modern copy crap. And don't give the BS answer of more gamemodes, more armor, more forge pieces and more weapons/ vehicles. That's not evolution it's just adding more stuff. Also, game-play wise, H3 is basically H2 with better graphics and grabable power-ups. its basically halo 2 with more stuff. not evolution. Ill give H3 forge, theater, and armor customization, but as a whole, its H2 with more stuff.
I don't get why people are complaining. If you wanna play Halo like Halo, 2 and 3, play Halo MCC. Things are gonna change, everything in life changes.
As much as you seem to dislike Halo 5 and 343, I can't help but notice you took 10 dollars of your hard-earned cash to name yourself after the map that was announced two days ago.

Anyway, if you don't modernize, you fall behind, and new players aren't going to want to play your game. New customers is what is going to keep the franchise rolling, if you keep making carbon copies, only the fans of that carbon copy are going to buy it, and potential new players will pick it up, think 'well this is old news', and move on. The issue isn't alienating the old fanbase (a static amount), it's about trying to not alienate the new fanbase and newcomers.
It costs $0 to make an account.

Fallout 4 didn't modernise.
CS GO didn't modernise.

Both games are far more popular than h5.

Besides, the issue isn't changing. Change is fine. "Modernising" aka copying other games is not.
This is the most fun I have had playing halo since I was 8 playing CE. It's great, I think the people who don't like it are just old. Not hating I just think that is why. For me growing up playing halo and other fps as the gaming style evolved so has halo. Halo however evolved in such a way it has stayed unique. So if you are only 15-20 years away from retirement and complaining about halo; it has less to do with the game and more to do with your slowing reflexes. And if you are thinking to yourself " I miss slower game play" you prove my point.
So much wrong here. Don't even know where to begin with.

CS GO didn't modernise.

Besides, the issue isn't changing. Change is fine. "Modernising" aka copying other games is not.
I would argue Fallout 4 did modernize, which is to say that it "streamlined" the experience, completely ruined dialogue options, and generally bastardized the RPG aspect of the game.
I don't get why people are complaining. If you wanna play Halo like Halo, 2 and 3, play Halo MCC. Things are gonna change, everything in life changes.
The MCC was dead on arrival, thanks to 343i's poor decision making. There's no hope of playing it now. It stood a damn good chance at bringing Halo back. Then 343 goofed, and the MCC became "the excuse as to why the lack of content is okay", so stop telling people to go play a dead game. They can't, and probably don't want to, just like the MCC at launch.
I disagree with you OP, why should Halo keep copying and pasting? As a hardcore Halo fan myself, Halo needs to Evolve and Innovate itself as the series progresses because this isn't cheap CoD.

CS GO didn't modernise.

I would argue Fallout 4 did modernize, which is to say that it "streamlined" the experience, completely ruined dialogue options, and generally bastardized the RPG aspect of the game.
How is it streamlined? Seems the same as fallout 3 to me. (Which is a good thing).
Through reach and h4 we saw a steady decline in halo's popularity. Now with h5 posting record low sales and falling out of the xbl most played games top 10 within a month of release it is clear that halo has been taken in the wrong direction.

The forced addition of numerous gameplay mechanics from other games have had a cancerous effect on halo.

The main effects being

-The gameplay is too complicated for casuals
-The changes have alienated fans of older halo games.
-The changes have made the gameplay uncompetitive.

Things like ADS, sprint, thruster, perks, killstreaks, burn cards, jetpacks, etc do not mess with the core halo formula and 3 games into this transformation process we are are finally seeing the full results.

Halo desperately needs a reboot. A reboot that features the master chief as the MAIN character. A reboot that stays true to halo gameplay. A halo reboot that emphasizes both casual AND competitve multiplayer.
I think you might be right. Halo needs a reboot since the change in story, multiplayer has been gradually getting worse.
Russkiy117 wrote:
I disagree with you OP, why should Halo keep copying and pasting? As a hardcore Halo fan myself, Halo needs to Evolve and Innovate itself as the series progresses because this isn't cheap CoD.
But all its doing is copying and pasting from other games.
well yes. they have made some really big changes. BUT to get more gamers, they will always need to evolve, sure they want to keep the "elite" but to make money and be able to reach out to more gamers and make more games. they need to make some changes to capture the new generation of gamers.
Play 4 matches and the new system will fall inn, not what halo use to be. but i still think is DAMN awesome. everyone hated Cod advanced Warfare in the beginning to, until they understand how everything worked and the new system.

I like the new Halo. was confusing the first match but. not to complicated really.
I don't even use ground pounds, I forget they're there till someone tries to do one on me. I tried a few times and I can't line it up. The dash melee is annoying, I wanna assassinate someone not push them away. Thruster pack is nice though.

I have been enjoying Warzone however Arena seems to be hampered by cramped, linear maps with little design in them. And there's not enough Warzone maps to hold my attention.
Russkiy117 wrote:
But all its doing is copying and pasting from other games.
could not agree more
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15