Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Mongoose Destroyer Tips?

OP Sir Deathsalot

So I did some research and saw this topic previously posted in 2016 and 2017. But, social changes,bugs get fixed, etc. So the only vehicle commendation I need is Mongoose Destroyer. Currently at 23/25 lvl 4. So I only need 52 more to 100% complete vehicle commendations. But I almost never see them used in WZ. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, or know specific games that make this commendation easier to earn. Thought Castle Wars CTF was the place but the spartan usually dies before the vehicle explodes.
It's not the easiest. I think Castle Wars is a good place to do it though. Try and stick Mongooses. You might be able to get a couple here and there on specific WZ maps like Apex 7, but not many people use Mongooses in general.
No matter which way you do it (castle wars, definitely), it's still going to be a grind.

You said it yourself, the rider frequently dies without the mongoose being destroyed. But I would still aim to get a couple per match.

You'll get there, just takes time.
just pure luck. have a rocket launcher ready in warzone or something like a tank.
There's a way to kill the mongooses in castle wars, but most of the time it's luck based, and some maps have different types of mongooses which have more armor, but 2 stickies or a sticky and a sword slice will kill a normal armored mongoose, I'd say stick the wheels if you can since they tend to be the weak spot of a mongoose. But if it's something like the tundra mongoose then it is a bit more involved, If you want accurate results of this kinda stuff, you can try and test it in forge and try and apply it if you ever see one in matchmaking.
It's one of those commendations that will just get done naturally over time. I'd say to play BTB, but it's a lot harder to find a game in that nowadays.
Yep, It takes time, If you play husky raid, you have some chances of kill some dudes on it in the map Meta wave. There you can kill the mongoose really fast with so many power weapons, and the car appears every 2 or 3 minutes in both sides.
So far thanks guys for all the tips! Much appreciated
Keep them coming please!
This was one that I boosted, admittedly. I wouldn't say I recommend doing it but I also wouldn't blame you either.
This was my second to last vehicle comm and I closed out the last 60 or so in CW. You can probably get up to three per match if you try to only play by sticking people with grenades.
Go Castle Wars CTF and just spam stick every Mongoose you see is all I really did, but I never finished that because I’m lazy. Basically just be a nerd targeting Mongooses or kill your friends 52 times and get it.
tuhin94 wrote:
It's not the easiest. I think Castle Wars is a good place to do it though. Try and stick Mongooses. You might be able to get a couple here and there on specific WZ maps like Apex 7, but not many people use Mongooses in general.
Agreed. Sticky nade the hood so the Spartan doesn't die first.
As long as you use rockets, it makes it easier.
Your Snack wrote:
As long as you use rockets, it makes it easier.
Agreed but getting someone to spawn a mongoose while u get a rocket launcher is almost impossible