Month of mythic has very minimal affect on warzone

OP JohnDang55

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Thanks for the post OP. So many people overreacted to this. Especially some youtubers. It really hasn't broken the game, and any impact it had will be gone in a few weeks

i wont call out of course, but there was one YouTube channel that made a "rant" video when the prime pack came out, and he/she was mentioning how bad it is that you can buy an OP rocket launcher that "boosts your speed and shields". Boosts your shields?? Uhh, it does NOT do that. Also, they mentioned that you can get 100,000 RP in roughly 3-6 warzone games. What?! Have you even played halo 5 once??

Some of these people complaining literally have no idea what they're talking about. They just jump on MoM immediately with criticism and mention how it's bad for the game, and how it'll -Yoink- up gameplay, but they don't even have basic knowledge of other aspects of the game. How can you even take their criticism (or channel) seriously when they don't even know the game they're talking about? Maybe they do it for views, maybe they do it because they are genuinely unintelligent, I don't know.
Yeah this guy is right this is the biggest overreaction I have seen im my life, I wonder how youtubers hate this so much, I for one like the idea of it. It hasn't broken the gamplay 343i themselves stated that WZ is not meant to be balanced
oh and btw spknr prime does increase your shield protection
Thanks for the post OP. So many people overreacted to this. Especially some youtubers. It really hasn't broken the game, and any impact it had will be gone in a few weeks

i wont call out of course, but there was one YouTube channel that made a "rant" video when the prime pack came out, and he/she was mentioning how bad it is that you can buy an OP rocket launcher that "boosts your speed and shields". Boosts your shields?? Uhh, it does NOT do that. Also, they mentioned that you can get 100,000 RP in roughly 3-6 warzone games. What?! Have you even played halo 5 once??

Some of these people complaining literally have no idea what they're talking about. They just jump on MoM immediately with criticism and mention how it's bad for the game, and how it'll -Yoink- up gameplay, but they don't even have basic knowledge of other aspects of the game. How can you even take their criticism (or channel) seriously when they don't even know the game they're talking about? Maybe they do it for views, maybe they do it because they are genuinely unintelligent, I don't know.
Yeah this guy is right this is the biggest overreaction I have seen im my life, I wonder how youtubers hate this so much, I for one like the idea of it. It hasn't broken the gamplay 343i themselves stated that WZ is not meant to be balanced
I agree with spartan000047
Still amazes me that people actually support microtransactions in a $60 game......
Baffles me why people support microtransactions in the first place.
Still amazes me that people actually support microtransactions in a $60 game......
The way 343i implemented it is pretty good for the most part. Outside of month of mythic and the pro team packs I have no dislikes on it as it was the reason why we got every DLC update free. I do think there are ways 343i can improve the REQ system/Microtransactions in Halo 6 though. Like separating packs in different categories so if you want to focus on weapon or vehicle REQs over Armor, Helmets, Emblems, ect.
This is the first time I have seeing people telling developers to implement micro-transaction to the game in my life. I want to see those people's reaction when Microsoft sells DLC and includes micro-transaction, doing both on Halo 6 or in future.
The way 343i implemented it is pretty good for the most part. Outside of month of mythic and the pro team packs I have no dislikes on it as it was the reason why we got every DLC update free. I do think there are ways 343i can improve the REQ system/Microtransactions in Halo 6 though. Like separating packs in different categories so if you want to focus on weapon or vehicle REQs over Armor, Helmets, Emblems, ect.
Pro team packs are reasonable and how micro-transaction should be. The way 343 implemented this system is terrible and one of worst micro-transaction I have ever seen. What is so great about the updates we had? Those brought more bugs and glitches to the game. Those worsened REQ system due to excessive amount of things to show on the screen, causing U.I. lagging. Maps were remix for most part. REQ contents were existed things with different skins on it and calling it "variant." From such money they soaked from this system and this is what we got? This system makes effort to the game unnecessary. Either way, 343 will get money. They will choose to do very minimal work.
Razzageist wrote:
WZ assault/Wz Turbo, or just people who dont want to invest the time or effort to grind for the best weapons. I'm just a tad upset that Halo went as lower than CoD with the Micro T's.
Actually lower, as in COD at least in advanced Warfare it wasn't beyond DLC shoved in your face and almost exclusively cosmetics. Yet in Halo 5 343i have broken any attempt at balance and just give better weapons and boosts to those who buy far easier than grind. Its like if cod for $2.99 gave you a gun with limited ammo that auto won every face to face encounter.
JohnDang55 wrote:
If less experienced players wanna buy mythic packs and support the game that's their prerogative.
Does what they do affect my gaming experience, not at all. I have not seen an increased usage of the latter 3 mythicals and that's reasonable as they're level 7 reqs. The thing is you have to have 7 req energy to spend to get that, and what I think is most people used a 6 energy req right before unlocking level 7 reqs. By the time they get back to 7 req energy they're having second thoughts of spawning a mythic and then afterwards the game ends.
The actual problem is we are not seeing enough of the req 7 mythics despite people buying packs, because most of the time people can't get to that req level, or they ran out of req energy to spawn it cause they spawned something else, and then there's the risk factor.
People don't spawn out it out of fear of dying and losing it to enemy.
The prophets bane is req 6 and unlike the other 3 its a less riskier req to use because of the embedded active camouflage generator and you can get it earlier for cheaper the req coat. The other 3, the tarturus gavel, spnkr prime, nornfang have ways to make you more vulnerable despite the power it gives you.
Comparing this month to other months I would actually say there's no increase in the req 7 mythics, and that its the same kind of people using it which are the SR135 and above.
I've only seen a SR 70 pull out two nornfangs in one game other that in the past 90 or so warzone games I have not seen lower sr's pull out req 7 mythics. Prophets Bane however I saw a very great increase. We're talking 1 in 17 games in past months to 1 in 3 games.
If the other lower mythics like Jorge's chaingun, whispered truth, oathsworn, and HCE anniversary magnum were in packs then yes we would see month of mythic actually doing something to affect gameplay because of its lower req cost.

Bob or Sally are gonna buy 120 SPNKr Primes but they've seen a high SR owning called 'JohnDang55' who's SR146 got to req 9 in 13 minutes while they could only get to req 7 in 15 minutes. They're not gonna spawn a single one cause they're so afraid that a few seconds of spawning it they're gonna get assassinated and this is SR146 is gonna take it.

As it stands month of mythic is an effective way for 343 to make money with extremely extremely small changes to warzone gameplay, as they're just sitting in their req energy waiting for the user to have the skill level and the balls to spawn it. The lower SR's who bought it won't pull it out, and the higher SR's that bought it probably already had a stash of mythics so there's really no differences.
343 industries cannot and should not be criminalised about this. If you want the truth, go ahead and play warzone and see if I'm making this all up, cause I'm not.

TL;DR Month of mythic barely affects warzone. Prophet's bane went from 5.83% (1 in 17 games) to 33.33% (1 in 3 games) used by a huge range of SR.
Tartarus gavel, SPNKr Prime, Nornfang no increase. Only SR135+ are using it, and usage is the same as other months.
Lower SR's who bought the last 3 from packs are unable to get the req level to spawn it, don't have the req energy because they spent it on another req, and are not willing to spawn it because of risk of dying and losing it to enemy.
I don't know what games you were in, but every single game that I played today there was at least one nornfang. I did use one as well to help me get an unfriggenbelievable.
Neyrra wrote:
Just wait till the next turbo drops. WZ will be chaotic af.
But isn't it already. Like seriously, I don't buy packs, but I'm drowning in power weapons and vehicles. And so is everyone else. Warzone turbo is always chaos.
Ye i cant wait for another turbo
Razzageist wrote:
WZ assault/Wz Turbo, or just people who dont want to invest the time or effort to grind for the best weapons. I'm just a tad upset that Halo went as lower than CoD with the Micro T's.
Actually lower, as in COD at least in advanced Warfare it wasn't beyond DLC shoved in your face and almost exclusively cosmetics. Yet in Halo 5 343i have broken any attempt at balance and just give better weapons and boosts to those who buy far easier than grind. Its like if cod for $2.99 gave you a gun with limited ammo that auto won every face to face encounter.
I don't recall buying any gun that won fights for me in Halo 5.

Guess it doesn't matter, because I already have 12 Nornfangs that I got from Gold packs. As far as you know, I bought it. Or maybe I didn't. Doesn't really matter when you're getting shot with it.
Razzageist wrote:
I don't recall buying any gun that won fights for me in Halo 5.

Guess it doesn't matter, because I already have 12 Nornfangs that I got from Gold packs. As far as you know, I bought it. Or maybe I didn't. Doesn't really matter when you're getting shot with it.
Its called an analogy, I didn't say that there was such a weapon only that by paying money you are artificially increasing your chance of getting legendary items to the detriment of those who don't pay money. Its called an unfair advantage or pay to win. While it may not in of itself destroy the system its a symptom of the greater underlying problem. Remember Evolve, TF2 both games featured excessive mictro transactions not that there is a fair level, TF2 let the player by higher damage out put weapons than base level etc.

People just sometimes have no idea what they're talking about, this month of mythic has barely made any change to warzone. I've seen about two mythic reqs in total and one of them was mine (I earned it legit, whispered truth) Even if people are waiting because they're saving rp instead of money I dont think it will have too much of an effect on gameplay.
I don't won't to play the next warzone turbo when I think of all the mythics
Duncling wrote:
I enjoy the part where "most people don't get req 7"

what are they doing? every game i hit req 9 at like 600 points
That's not right I've had like 2,000 points and only had level 3 unless you mean 600/1000 and not the medal scoring thing.

i have noticed a lot of games where the teams have an even score like 200/1000 each but one team has double the req levels. Often I see one teams top req level is level 3 and the other is 6-8. I say to 8 because the team that had level 3 has limited chance of increasing it. Often I find once I hit level 5 I will get to level 6-9 in a blink of an eye often jumping over whole levels assuming I'm not in the disadvantaged team.
If literally buying Nornfangs doesn't have an impact on gameplay, then it's getting uncomfortable close to crossing that line, but whatever. I play BTB.
I really don't know how much of an impact Month of Mythic has had on Halo 5 multiplayer.

Because I've stopped playing the game the very moment I heard about Month of Mythic actually being a thing. At first I thought it was a joke... but to my great displeasure, it was true.

It physically hurts me to see what's being done to this franchise. The horrendous story in Halo 5's campaign RUINING Halo 4's excellent story and ultimately DESTROYING Cortana's character, the false advertisements (#hunt the lies), the plethora of bugs and glitches (particularly in WZFF), and now this microtransaction trend continuing has crossed the line for me. I haven't even downloaded the latest update to check out the new content. That's how much of a sour taste this Month of Mythic -Yoink- has left in my mouth.
JohnDang55 wrote:
If less experienced players wanna buy mythic packs and support the game that's their prerogative.
Does what they do affect my gaming experience, not at all. I have not seen an increased usage of the latter 3 mythicals and that's reasonable as they're level 7 reqs. The thing is you have to have 7 req energy to spend to get that, and what I think is most people used a 6 energy req right before unlocking level 7 reqs. By the time they get back to 7 req energy they're having second thoughts of spawning a mythic and then afterwards the game ends.
The actual problem is we are not seeing enough of the req 7 mythics despite people buying packs, because most of the time people can't get to that req level, or they ran out of req energy to spawn it cause they spawned something else, and then there's the risk factor.
People don't spawn out it out of fear of dying and losing it to enemy.
The prophets bane is req 6 and unlike the other 3 its a less riskier req to use because of the embedded active camouflage generator and you can get it earlier for cheaper the req coat. The other 3, the tarturus gavel, spnkr prime, nornfang have ways to make you more vulnerable despite the power it gives you.
Comparing this month to other months I would actually say there's no increase in the req 7 mythics, and that its the same kind of people using it which are the SR135 and above.
I've only seen a SR 70 pull out two nornfangs in one game other that in the past 90 or so warzone games I have not seen lower sr's pull out req 7 mythics. Prophets Bane however I saw a very great increase. We're talking 1 in 17 games in past months to 1 in 3 games.
If the other lower mythics like Jorge's chaingun, whispered truth, oathsworn, and HCE anniversary magnum were in packs then yes we would see month of mythic actually doing something to affect gameplay because of its lower req cost.

Bob or Sally are gonna buy 120 SPNKr Primes but they've seen a high SR owning called 'JohnDang55' who's SR146 got to req 9 in 13 minutes while they could only get to req 7 in 15 minutes. They're not gonna spawn a single one cause they're so afraid that a few seconds of spawning it they're gonna get assassinated and this is SR146 is gonna take it.

As it stands month of mythic is an effective way for 343 to make money with extremely extremely small changes to warzone gameplay, as they're just sitting in their req energy waiting for the user to have the skill level and the balls to spawn it. The lower SR's who bought it won't pull it out, and the higher SR's that bought it probably already had a stash of mythics so there's really no differences.
343 industries cannot and should not be criminalised about this. If you want the truth, go ahead and play warzone and see if I'm making this all up, cause I'm not.

TL;DR Month of mythic barely affects warzone. Prophet's bane went from 5.83% (1 in 17 games) to 33.33% (1 in 3 games) used by a huge range of SR.
Tartarus gavel, SPNKr Prime, Nornfang no increase. Only SR135+ are using it, and usage is the same as other months.
Lower SR's who bought the last 3 from packs are unable to get the req level to spawn it, don't have the req energy because they spent it on another req, and are not willing to spawn it because of risk of dying and losing it to enemy.
I noticed that too. I've played plenty of WZ games these past weeks and haven't seen an increase of the mythic weapons at all.

I haven't bought any of the mythic packs myself because spending my points on gold packs is (imo) a better deal than getting high leveled REQs that I would probably rarely use. My main concern with even calling these Mythic weapons (or other powerful REQs such as The Answer) is that I will get killed and the enemy will use it against me and my teammates which I can't risk unless I absolutely have to.

Exactly. Besides players have to level up first to call in the Mythics which could take time and there's no guarantee that they will get to use all of the weapon's ammo due to the risk of dying.
This. I ground up the points for the Bane pack, & hover around 150k Rp, & believe the req system should have been points only, to encourage more gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4