2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
AMT dizzy wrote:
Okay then, let me re-word it.

More slimline armour?
You got few options there, there is Copperhead, Mako, Jumpmaster, scout if you stretch the meaning of "slimline", warrior, goblin and a few more that I do not remember the names of at the moment, so you got options, but I guess most of these armors are not to your liking?
KenniTDG wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:
I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
I like to go with a mix of armour, but why would there be so much choice if people didn't want to go for style? People have different styles and mine happens to be feminine.
I'm not trying to say I want to look 'beautiful' and have a tiara on, I'd just like some more slim line armour.

Or is that too much to ask? :(
I can understand why you'd like to display a bit more femininity, when my Girlfriend plays, she too also wishes for a bit more ''lady styled armor''.

However from the lore and design perspective behind the MJÖLNIR armor: They're not meant to put any specific emphasis on wether you're a male or a female. The old GEN1 suits were unisex which is why would couldn't tell wether one was a female or a male so easily. Halo Reach and Halo Legends did put some changes on that tho. Would make sense in Reach to give the ladies of the Halo community an option to play as a female spartan.

I wouldn't say it's too much to ask for but in all honesty, armor isn't designed with any specific gender in mind.

I know Halo 5 offers SOME suits with less clunky metal parts and all that but that's about it. It's about finding the style that suits you the best.
Exactly this! We should focus on more gender neutral armor designs that look cool and intimidating, not rediculous and "power ranger"esque. Look at the armor you currently have equipped, the Air Assault, for example. It looks cool and functional for both females and males, and it honestly always has since it first appeared in Reach. The Mark series of armours are also a good example, especially since we've seen females wearing Mark IV armor (Red Team from Halo Wars anyone?).
Ouui.. i shoud've been more specific in my post tho. I forgot to add most of my personal opinion in contrast to why female style armor aint in los Halos. Did post a nr.2 above somewhere but i'll just recap it shortly: The MJÖLNIR obviously aint designed with any gender in mind like i said, however that was the old GEN1 suits really.

From my own heart: I really wouldn't knock down the idea of the female community getting some armor tailored to them. Honestly all the GEN2 suits do look like a collection of PowerRanger-Ninja-Anime-Transformer knockoffs for males. Like cosplays most of the time

This is why i Praise MARK VI so much.. Still beautiful haha

But really, lore states GEN1s are unisex but there hasn't been heavy lore around the GEN2s. By all means they could add the armor as i said! As long as they don't go over the line and put a huge emphasis on ''im a woman'' with all the body shapes and vice versa. As one said above, breasts on a cheast plate? Now what in the world.. We all know everyone would go from ONYX to Bronze within a week..

Lizzie is only asking for them to widen customization for women on Halo. I think it's fair enough.
KenniTDG wrote:
And the overall tone in here does seem to lack the proper respect for the wishes of the female sub-community in the overall Halo community.

Guys, there's nothing wrong with a lady coming on and asking a few questions, posting an opinion or two on the lack of more feminine/Slimline armor.

I look like one of them white knights now with this reply...

Anyways, personally im not so much against 343 potentially adding in some armors, tailored to the ladies. As i posted before, lore and design doesn't take the female body into account, just the overall human shape.

By all means, they could add it and i wouldn't be bothered one bit. Same goes for the Elite community, despite it being a bit different topic: They ought to have a chance at playing with their own unique style. Maybe some guy/girl likes playing as the elite minor, general or zealot, so give them that oppourtunity? Expand the possibilities and grant everyone the chance to express themselves as they see fit.
Exactly, people want Elite armour and it is pretty similar to that. Although I'm not interested as playing as a Covenant, I can still understand why someone would want the armour.
I thought it could be a dodgy topic but I didn't expect this kind of reaction! Thanks for sticking up for me, haha.

AMT dizzy wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:

More slimline armour?
Try the copperhead or scout.
In my opinion they've kinda ruined Scout, I'm really picky with helmets! I'm wearing Air Assault at the moment, nice and simple.
Intruder then with the Nomad armor.
I've looked through all the armour and I'm happy with what I have now, I just think it would be nice to have more slim-line choices.
AMT dizzy wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:
In my opinion they've kinda ruined Scout, I'm really picky with helmets! I'm wearing Air Assault at the moment, nice and simple.
I've looked through all the armour and I'm happy with what I have now, I just think it would be nice to have more slim-line choices.
Well I am glad you shared your concern, and I hope 343 plans for simpler designs that are slim line. Arguably, I think the Reach helmets were the most simpliest in design. My personal favorites are the Noble and Indomitable.
AMT dizzy wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:
Well I am glad you shared your concern, and I hope 343 plans for simpler designs that are slim line. Arguably, I think the Reach helmets were the most simpliest in design. My personal favorites are the Noble and Indomitable.
I love Reach armour! Noble is lovely and I have to say, they've done a nice job on Mark VI.
I have been present in the Haloverse and community since the very first day a Halo game became available to the public.

I have seen how the community grew, sub-communities developing and everyone finding their part in the Halo games, their zone and place.

Since after Reach (not blaming the game for the following, no worries) the community has split, devided a little too much and the divided teams are fighting one another, not wishing the other to be granted any goodies because they disagree. I see fit to atleast try to bridge the gap in between all those who wants to fight over the lesser problems and perhaps help them reach an understanding. The armor wouldn't hurt or affect their gameplay at all anyways.

Asking for female armor isn't anything hazardous in my mind because it is obvious you're not asking for Anime-styled armor where.. everything shows a little too much but rather a more tailored and slime selection. Even so, adding a slimline selection wouldn't hurt because they could still keep the overall lore intact. Armor made for speed, yes? Flexibility?

The Mark IV/V weren't armor built so you could do yoga.. Quite the opposite, they were designed to turn Spartans into the human tanks they were and still are.

GEN2 suits are designed with flexibility in mind afterall and apart from the shield system, you won't see alot of vital organs sit safely behind a metal plate or armor. You've got a chest plate mostly and few armor have the space diaper in H5.

As i have said, it wouldn't bother me if they wanted to add it, i think they should try to tailor more towards all the sub-communities now. Females and Elites as i stated before.

Ladies like Lizzie shouldn't feel it's a crime for them to ask if the female community could have something as well. Halo CE was the bigget sausage fest.. Same goes for Halo 2. Thankfully Halo 3 made sure that both genders felt welcome.

I am for one glad the girls actually come and play Halo and enjoy it.. So try not to push them away. The male fans are in greater numbers but certainly they also lack IQ in greater numbers too often.. It aint the first time i've seen a gal come and post something.. to recieve more negative replies than supportive.

And guys i aint trying to make you feel bad.. Just try to place yourself in Lizzie's situation.. If there was something you wished for, and you posted it.. Being gunned down without a proper understand, it wouldn't be cool would it?
Instead of catering to guys or girls, I think they should just add sleeker armours. Personally I like the older more bulky armours that made it difficult to determine gender, but I think most armour that are less bulky look fine when played as a female.
AMT dizzy wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:
AMT dizzy wrote:
I love Reach armour! Noble is lovely and I have to say, they've done a nice job on Mark VI.
If only they allowed for more customization options with the armor. It would make it even better.
AMT dizzy wrote:

More slimline armour?
You got few options there, there is Copperhead, Mako, Jumpmaster, scout if you stretch the meaning of "slimline", warrior, goblin and a few more that I do not remember the names of at the moment, so you got options, but I guess most of these armors are not to your liking?
I'm not saying I hate all the armour, either, I'm simply saying it would be nice for 343 to add a few more...
I think that it is armor, it should be there to prevent things from entering your body and do damage to your organs, not make you look stylish and beautiful.
But that is me, and I tend to go with practical armor over style.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I personally play with a female Spartan but I'm not looking for bikini armor. I use the atlas armor set. Looks fine. My only problem with armor is that it is two pieces instead of divided up like it use to be. (Arms, legs. Knees, chest, shoulders, feet, wrist and so on.)
As much as my reflex is to balk at this, what the hey. We have helmets that don't have visors, we have helmets where the visors are like spider eyes all over the place, we got armor that looks straight-up Covenant. We have at least one variant of Mark VI where panels have been removed and cables are exposed. The customization of the spartan in Halo 4 and Halo 5 sorta transcends the realistic operating equipment sphere, into the "what you wanna look like" sphere.

So why not. Whatever AMTLizzie wants, why not? We got hundreds of other armors already, and I already think at least 10% are outright dumb. But different strokes for different folks. Heck, maybe I'd like some of them. I tend to prefer the subdued designs like Nightfall and Soldier, where there's not a lot sticking out at weird angles. "Slimmer" and "feminine" might just more look like functional armor than, say Orbital.
KenniTDG wrote:
I have been present in the Haloverse and community since the very first day a Halo game became available to the public.

I have seen how the community grew, sub-communities developing and everyone finding their part in the Halo games, their zone and place.

Since after Reach (not blaming the game for the following, no worries) the community has split, devided a little too much and the divided teams are fighting one another, not wishing the other to be granted any goodies because they disagree. I see fit to atleast try to bridge the gap in between all those who wants to fight over the lesser problems and perhaps help them reach an understanding. The armor wouldn't hurt or affect their gameplay at all anyways.

Asking for female armor isn't anything hazardous in my mind because it is obvious you're not asking for Anime-styled armor where.. everything shows a little too much but rather a more tailored and slime selection. Even so, adding a slimline selection wouldn't hurt because they could still keep the overall lore intact. Armor made for speed, yes? Flexibility?

The Mark IV/V weren't armor built so you could do yoga.. Quite the opposite, they were designed to turn Spartans into the human tanks they were and still are.

GEN2 suits are designed with flexibility in mind afterall and apart from the shield system, you won't see alot of vital organs sit safely behind a metal plate or armor. You've got a chest plate mostly and few armor have the space diaper in H5.

As i have said, it wouldn't bother me if they wanted to add it, i think they should try to tailor more towards all the sub-communities now. Females and Elites as i stated before.

Ladies like Lizzie shouldn't feel it's a crime for them to ask if the female community could have something as well. Halo CE was the bigget sausage fest.. Same goes for Halo 2. Thankfully Halo 3 made sure that both genders felt welcome.

I am for one glad the girls actually come and play Halo and enjoy it.. So try not to push them away. The male fans are in greater numbers but certainly they also lack IQ in greater numbers too often.. It aint the first time i've seen a gal come and post something.. to recieve more negative replies than supportive.

And guys i aint trying to make you feel bad.. Just try to place yourself in Lizzie's situation.. If there was something you wished for, and you posted it.. Being gunned down without a proper understand, it wouldn't be cool would it?
"The male fans are in greater numbers but certainly they also lack IQ in greater numbers too often..."

Was that really nessessary? The original post was about more feminine looking armors. And most post here were saying ethier 1: there are more slimline armors available.

2: Having feminine tailored armor would break immersion
however having thinner more "flexible" looking armor would be a nice addition to the more bulky options.

3: The armor in the game was ment to be gender neutral. not only for guys or only for girls. Armor is ment to protect, not look "sexy". It can look cool and sleek but it should look functional for ethier gender. Not tailored for only one.
I play as a female spartan. Here's some good armors for it.

Legionare
Goblin
Mako
Copperhead
Anubis

Those are some good ones for it.
Have you try Hunter armor as a female. Its looks pretty good. The only armor I found that sucks for females is Mark VI
KenniTDG wrote:

Except, I have not been attacking her for her question. All I have been saying is to not make the design of the armor a gendered issue and simply look for a design that best suits you. If you like the more slim and sleek designs, then go for it. If you like the bulky, walking tank look, then go for that too. The armors themselves shouldn't be tailor made for specific genders, but it should be designed for the different type of styles of armor that people think fits them.

Lizzie said in a previous post that she should've been more clear in her wording, and reworded it to be simply slimmer designs, something that would look well on a female Spartan. I don't completely disagree with her, I just simply think she shouldn't be asking for slimmer armor specifically for females, but more so for slimmer looking armor that looks good in general no matter who wears it, which I can fully get behind.
If you want an example of what kind of armors I am referring to as being "gender neutral" yet "sleek/slim" and "cool looking", than look no further than Kat, Kelly, and Vale. They all have armor that looks cool and sleek for a female, but I could totally see males wearing them, especially Kat's Air Assault helmet and Vale's Copperhead helmet.
Reading these replies made me think I was on Tumblr for a sec there, but yes I agree that maybe a wider variety of feminine armors should be in the game, especially co suffering the fact that the entire point of armor customization in video games is exactly a fashion accessory. I personally don't pick aesthetic armors in video games because they look like the can defend better in combat.
Full Intruder? That's all I got, but I'm not exactly an expert in looking feminine (as seen by my name).
I think my armor is pretty slimline
i cant remember which, but there are an amor that ''form'' the breast of the spartan.lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4