OP Dead End 24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I'm really hoping for a huge Halo 5 update.
Gus280999 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Am I the only one thinking Halo 3 Anniversary here?
I won't be surprise if they reveal H3A. Who knows they could be treating like how H2A was revealed.
Already been confirmed a few times that this isn't happening, won't be shown / revealed at E3
Yeap, Halo 3 A is not going to happen...
Not going to happen on it's ten year anniversary, to be exact. It is still possible later on, but yeah probably not gonna be shown at e3
stckrboy wrote:
a H3A is almost %100 guaranteed at this point. Even if it isn't announced at E3 I wouldn't be surprised if H3A came out between H5 and H6.
Multiple staff members have rejected it being brought up at e3 this year and denied that it is being made, Phil Spencer announced that there will be no Halo or Gears of War FPS titles released this year. It's nowhere near 100% guaranteed, quite the opposite
Again 343's word means nothing, they have lied to us so many times, both for good and bad reasons, that I refuse to believe ANYTHING they confirm or deny, unless they state a reason for said confirmation or denial. 343 has just said "no H3A" but still not given a reason why, I find that to be rather questionable considering 2 things:

1) A H3A as a standalone will only increase the communities population, which 343 desperately needs.

2) A H3A is literally the pot at the end of the rainbow, it's a cash cow, it's a friggin' monoply for pete's sake, there's no way in my mind M$ would even think of letting 343 skimp out on this money maker.

The only reason I can think of them denying this is they still haven't perfected the game the way it's supposed to be, and 343 doesn't need another title that doesn't stand up to standards, so I don't blame them for denying it, but I don't trust them in denying it either.
Possibilities:

- Halo 5 for PC
- MCC for PC
- H3A (for XBOX and PC)

I guess the last one. All three would be amazing :)
stckrboy wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
I won't be surprise if they reveal H3A. Who knows they could be treating like how H2A was revealed.
Already been confirmed a few times that this isn't happening, won't be shown / revealed at E3
maybe that's what they want you to think
Well let's hope at least it's being worked on.
What if they announce the full version of halo 5 on PC
So I just saw this on Reddit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6ao5h9/halo_community_update_may_11th_2017/dhg3ht1/ske7ch343 says quote "we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise" I don't know about you, but to me this just screams some type of add on for Halo 5. Most likely the final big (hopefully lol) update for it. Sad that we won't even get a Halo 6 teaser though :(

E3 just got a wee bit more interesting. Let the speculation begin ;)
Yeah I might guessing we might get a halo 5 update right after the press conference, hopefully a rather large one.
Most likely it's Halo Wars 2 DLC and an announcement that both Halo 5 and Wars 2 will be receiving significant Scorpio upgrades.
Mostly likely:
Halo 5 on Scorpio in 4k 60 and 1080 supersampling

What I hope they show:
H2A multiplayer maps ported to H5 with classical settings.
Gus280999 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Yeap, Halo 3 A is not going to happen...
Not going to happen on it's ten year anniversary, to be exact. It is still possible later on, but yeah probably not gonna be shown at e3
Maybe in its 15 years?
Hopefully it's H3A. Not likely, though if it isn't the next major installment it could still be H3A because we technically already have the story of Halo 3.
stckrboy wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Does anyone not remember the E3 they showed off H2A with the MCC right before the presentation someone asked Frank O Connor if H2A will be shown and he said something along the lines of "We have no plans for Halo 2 Anniversary," RIGHT BEFORE THEY CONFIRMED IT! Also I don't think ill ever trust 343 again after Halo 5 lol. Which makes me less hyped for Halo 6, its not good to lie to your fanbase... :(
H3 Anniversary: Req Edition.
I feel completely the opposite,to me it seems like 343 is going back to the drawing board and may possibly delay halo 6 until 2019.Halo 5 will be a ghost town by then
I hope that Halo 6 does get delayed until 2019 or even 2020. I and so many others are fed up with Halo right now, having time away from it would do nothing but good for the franchise. Maybe we'd start wanting Halo again, and would actually crave info instead of just being like "Meh, whatever" at the mention of anything Halo. Plus, the extra time would give 343 Industries to release a polished game with a lot of features and a good story (well, as good as a post-Halo 5 story can be).

So yeah, Halo 6 being pushed back a year or two is more than fine by me.
They'll probably show us the next/last REQ sheet for Halo 5, let people play that and whatever major game mode they add on the floor. Maybe they'll even announce a full PC port for either it or MCC.

Being optimistic, maybe they'll announce an update to Master Chief Collection to support 4K textures, at least in Halo 3. A sort of "Halo 3 remastered."
Mostly likely:
Halo 5 on Scorpio in 4k 60 and 1080 supersampling

What I hope they show:
H2A multiplayer maps ported to H5 with classical settings.
Oh I never thought about something do to with Scorpio... that's a good guess and definitely a possibility for sure!

Hotrod192 wrote:
I feel completely the opposite,to me it seems like 343 is going back to the drawing board and may possibly delay halo 6 until 2019.Halo 5 will be a ghost town by then
I hope that Halo 6 does get delayed until 2019 or even 2020. I and so many others are fed up with Halo right now, having time away from it would do nothing but good for the franchise. Maybe we'd start wanting Halo again, and would actually crave info instead of just being like "Meh, whatever" at the mention of anything Halo. Plus, the extra time would give 343 Industries to release a polished game with a lot of features and a good story (well, as good as a post-Halo 5 story can be).

If I recall though hotrod192 (keep forgetting to ask you is your name a Transformer reference by chance?) You prefer halo 1-3 style more ( I do too in a lot of areas) if your hoping delaying halo 6 will bring back more old style mechanics I wouldn't get your hopes up :( but I do hear ya on the part about releasing a polished game at launch though that's for sure. Halo 5 to me felt semi rushed and very, very sloppy! I'll admit though, I still get excited (different levels mind you) when I see/read Halo news ;)
I'm really hoping for a huge Halo 5 update.
So am I 🤞!
Hotrod192 wrote:

Extra time won't help them,they have no idea what they're doing
I mean Halo 6 has not been delayed - it was never announced or anything. Halo games have always had a few years between numbered entries, which I like, I wouldn't mind something quick for H5, like potentially a free Scorpio update for H5 & MCC (though I think this is happening no matter what - and not doing it is a big loss)
Hotrod192 wrote:

If I recall though hotrod192 (keep forgetting to ask you is your name a Transformer reference by chance?) You prefer halo 1-3 style more ( I do too in a lot of areas) if your hoping delaying halo 6 will bring back more old style mechanics I wouldn't get your hopes up :( but I do hear ya on the part about releasing a polished game at launch though that's for sure. Halo 5 to me felt semi rushed and very, very sloppy! I'll admit though, I still get excited (different levels mind you) when I see/read Halo news ;)
My name isn't actually a Transformers reference, but many have asked that! It's actually an inside joke from way back when I was in grade 5 (So many many years ago). I do prefer the Halo 1-3 style of games more, of course, though I did enjoy playing both Halo 4 and Halo 5. I have no hopes that 343i will ever go back to the old style of games, and I know that no amount of time would fix that.

However, my main issues with Halo 5 have nothing to do with the gameplay (which, again, was pretty alright), but the fact that the game released with a story that seemed like it was bad fan fiction written by a 5 year-old, came with almost no content, stripped away customization, had so many issues/glitches (some that aren't even fixed), and a horrible art style. All of those could be fixed with more time (less the art style, but hopefully 343i does better next time). Like you said, Halo 5 was very sloppy, and Halo 6 can't afford to be anything other than amazing. A year or two more could help it get to that level. As of now, I won't ever be buying a Halo game again, but I remain open to the idea of having my mind changed if Halo 6 proves to be good.

In the meantime, I'll keep reading the novels, since they've always been quite good and were written by competent/talented writers. As long as the books continue to be good and aren't about the whole zombie dictator Cortana situation, then I'll be happy to support them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5