OP Dead End 24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Y'all guys are forgetting about Gamescom. They could reveal something about Halo 6 there. They didn't go last year, but my guess is that if their E3 showing is strong, they might want to take a sort of victory lap a couple months after with some new stuff, possibly Halo-related. There's also The Game Awards around the Holidays where they could show off a trailer.
Y'all guys are forgetting about Gamescom. They could reveal something about Halo 6 there. They didn't go last year, but my guess is that if their E3 showing is strong, they might want to take a sort of victory lap a couple months after with some new stuff, possibly Halo-related. There's also The Game Awards around the Holidays where they could show off a trailer.
Possible,when is gamescom and the game awards?
Gamescom is in August, and The Game Awards are likely in December like they were last year. A solid trailer for a game coming out sometime in 2018 could boost their Holiday sales. If Halo 6 was that game, I think it would be rather effective.
My expectations are through-the-floor low, so if anything actually does happen, then cool. Otherwise, meh.
Gamescom is in August, and The Game Awards are likely in December like they were last year. A solid trailer for a game coming out sometime in 2018 could boost their Holiday sales. If Halo 6 was that game, I think it would be rather effective.
I would say video game awards is more likely because if e3 is in June and they don't have anything ready by then what would they have 2 months later as opposed to 6 months later
Nothing at gamescom either on H6 or next major entry. When Brian Jarrard was asked about Gamescom he replied "definitely not"

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6aovbe/apparently_halo_wont_have_a_big_presence_at_this/dhgvzf3/?context=3

The next major Halo title is probably a ways off. Which is good. 343i needs to have a clear understand what their core fans want. The classic playlist and setting could be a test bed for that
343 is either going to announce an update for Halo 5. More playlists, maps, REQs, maybe split screen for Xbox scorpio. Halo 3 anniversary which a lot of ppl doubt will happen. Or Halo wars 2. Who knows even a much needed update for Halo MCC.
Nothing at gamescom either on H6 or next major entry. When Brian Jarrard was asked about Gamescom he replied "definitely not"

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6aovbe/apparently_halo_wont_have_a_big_presence_at_this/dhgvzf3/?context=3

The next major Halo title is probably a ways off. Which is good. 343i needs to have a clear understand what their core fans want. The classic playlist and setting could be a test bed for that
I can't see them going all the way back to classic gameplay. I remember they said that, with the new motion sensor that tracks abilities rather than movement, it was going to be tested for this "and future" Halo titles. Doing a complete page 1 re-write of the core gameplay while also giving the story a massive overhaul would likely make for a product that feels rushed or incomplete even if they had a lot of time to work on it. The likely scenario is that they're going to tweak 5's gameplay for 6's, include a classic playlist at launch, overhaul the story to be more Chief-focused and of better quality, and call it a day.
I would say video game awards is more likely because if e3 is in June and they don't have anything ready by then what would they have 2 months later as opposed to 6 months later
Honestly, I think since Halo 6 isn't being show at E3 2017, I can't see anything about it till or near E3 2018. E3 is just so much bigger then say a gamescon or something. I know if I was head of a video game company, I would rather show my product at E3 over anything else just because you get much more exposure.

I can't see them going all the way back to classic gameplay. I remember they said that, with the new motion sensor that tracks abilities rather than movement, it was going to be tested for this "and future" Halo titles. Doing a complete page 1 re-write of the core gameplay while also giving the story a massive overhaul would likely make for a product that feels rushed or incomplete even if they had a lot of time to work on it. The likely scenario is that they're going to tweak 5's gameplay for 6's, include a classic playlist at launch, overhaul the story to be more Chief-focused and of better quality, and call it a day.
(Bold) For Halo 6 I can't either, but I could see them doing it if Halo keeps losing populaity or more importantly, it has poor sales. Say Halo 6 doesn't do well, you don't honestly think they wouldn't consider it? Sure they would! Especially if games like Doom, Overwatch and Quake keep doing better and better. At the end of the day it's all about making money. If MS/343I think they can make more money by having Halo that way, they'll do it. Why do you think BF went back to WW1? Or why COD is going back to "boots on the ground" WW2? Because they think they can make more money then there previous titles. I don't want to get off topic, so I'll stop there :)
Never even crossed my mind it could be H5 related. I was thinking HW2. I'd like the former though.
We know there's updates and campaign DLC for HW2, so that's our likely candidate. But I wouldn't rule out that last content update for H5 either. We know one more is coming and since there hasn't been any news about it since December then E3 would be a good place to show it off.
Halo wars 2 news would be meh at the most. Hopefully it's h5 big update with new maps that aren't forged and major update on heavy aim and servers. Include some classic maps and playlists.
I'm glad they're not showing anything for Halo 6 at this years E3.
  1. Because I would rather 343 take their time to make Halo 6 instead of rushing the development and releasing an incomplete or broken game (kinda like how Halo 5 barely had any content at launch)
  2. I don't want to be shown a tease for the story mode only for it to be completely changed later in development.
Id rather Microsoft reveal Halo 6 later into its development that way when the game comes out its more likely to come out as the way we saw it instead of something completely different. And since allot of people were turned off by Halo 5s lack luster launch i want them to show off as much as they can for Halo 6 to hopefully to attract more people to the game.
Also I want 343 to at least release one more DLC update for Halo 5. just so we have more content to keep us busy while we wait for Halo 6

(Bold) For Halo 6 I can't either, but I could see them doing it if Halo keeps losing populaity or more importantly, it has poor sales. Say Halo 6 doesn't do well, you don't honestly think they wouldn't consider it? Sure they would! Especially if games like Doom, Overwatch and Quake keep doing better and better. At the end of the day it's all about making money. If MS/343I think they can make more money by having Halo that way, they'll do it. Why do you think BF went back to WW1? Or why COD is going back to "boots on the ground" WW2? Because they think they can make more money then there previous titles. I don't want to get off topic, so I'll stop there :)
Doom's campaign was good, but its multiplayer was outsourced to the same company that made Halo 4's multiplayer. That was in no way a game going back to its good old days, as it had loads of modern game conventions such as loadouts and a hard limit on how many weapons you could carry. Overwatch took a large portion of ideas from modern games such as MOBAs as well as modern FPSes and put a lot of polish on it. Quake Champions has characters with special abilities that can change the momentum of a fight, not exactly the most old-school thing out there, especially given what Quake has been in the past. Regarding what I put in bold, BF1 and CoD Going back to a different time period, that doesn't instantly mean that the game is going back to its roots. Battlefield 1 is very much a modern Battlefield game in how it plays; automatic weapons and tanks still dominating the game while planes do their own thing and barely contribute to the match. CoD going back to Normandy for the millionth time is a blatant nostalgia ploy that will hook in people who forgot just how much the industry was saturated with WWII games.

If anything, "Going back" for 343i likely means re-including split-screen as was promised and putting the focus back on Chief, and may not have anything to do with the gameplay. Now THAT'S something that would make for a good trailer and set of talking points at Gamescom, the Game Awards, or even a special Microsoft event not tied to any industry/press show.

Doom's campaign was good, but its multiplayer was outsourced to the same company that made Halo 4's multiplayer. That was in no way a game going back to its good old days, as it had loads of modern game conventions such as loadouts and a hard limit on how many weapons you could carry. Overwatch took a large portion of ideas from modern games such as MOBAs as well as modern FPSes and put a lot of polish on it. Quake Champions has characters with special abilities that can change the momentum of a fight, not exactly the most old-school thing out there, especially given what Quake has been in the past. Regarding what I put in bold, BF1 and CoD Going back to a different time period, that doesn't instantly mean that the game is going back to its roots. Battlefield 1 is very much a modern Battlefield game in how it plays; automatic weapons and tanks still dominating the game while planes do their own thing and barely contribute to the match. CoD going back to Normandy for the millionth time is a blatant nostalgia ploy that will hook in people who forgot just how much the industry was saturated with WWII games.

If anything, "Going back" for 343i likely means re-including split-screen as was promised and putting the focus back on Chief, and may not have anything to do with the gameplay. Now THAT'S something that would make for a good trailer and set of talking points at Gamescom, the Game Awards, or even a special Microsoft event not tied to any industry/press show.
My point was just, if Halo 6 doesn't do well, that's when they might try going back to Halos roots, because like I said, it all comes down to how much money they think they can make. If they think they can make more money with say the sprint animation removed for example, they'll do it. As I don't want to get off topic any further please PM instead if you wish to continue this line of conversation, thanks.
I bet Master Chief will be wandering through a desert....oh wait....
My best guess is it's something H3A related... either an actual H3A or some type of MP content expansion of sorts for H5. Think CE: Anniversary MP in Reach, for example...

The fact that 343 "denied" the existence of H3A means nothing. They did the same for H2A and the MCC.
So I just saw this on Reddit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6ao5h9/halo_community_update_may_11th_2017/dhg3ht1/ske7ch343 says quote "we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise" I don't know about you, but to me this just screams some type of add on for Halo 5. Most likely the final big (hopefully lol) update for it. Sad that we won't even get a Halo 6 teaser though :(

E3 just got a wee bit more interesting. Let the speculation begin ;)
The sequel to Halo 5: Guardians will be release post-2017 that is assured as 343 Industries are currently doing internal changes to their staff and heads of teams.

On the note of what it could be? Perhaps the Steven Spielberg TV Series we have been waiting for...? Maybe an DLC Campaign add on? Who knows...
Anything would be good, maybe a spinoff title like a ODST 2 or an entirely new concept.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5