Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Most H5 Maps Are Not Creative Or Unique at all

OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know there must be over 4 maps now that take place in some sort of factory/industrial complex setting, even the new map does! WHY DOES 343 KEEP DOING THIS? Make some maps in some different settings 343, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY OVER DOING THE SAME THEME FOR MULTIPLE MAPS NOW, PLEASE STOP.
Almost getting to the end of the maps we were promised and so far the vast majority of them are UNSC maps.
Map-making is something that 343 fails at IMO, they have all these great themes they could use from campaign but they would rather use bland & boring human architecture. A lot of the maps just seem to play really identically to me too and it's even worse when we get maps that are quite literally the same (stasis=torque as the most recent example).
Wait until you see some of the community created maps, especially with the new pieces and textures. A few have blown my perception of what is possible, and they play very well...
AnonomissX wrote:
Wait until you see some of the community created maps, especially with the new pieces and textures. A few have blown my perception of what is possible, and they play very well...
This is undeniably the best forgemode yet.
My dream is forge in Halo 6 to have doom snap map scripting abilities and farcry terrain editor and texture painting.

Halo 5 forge is good but Far cry still has the best editor when it come to level building out door levels, it has water levels, time of day, vegetation, and tones of placeable props. It's main downfall is the lack of Halos snapping blocks. Doom lacks variety in room building but you can script AI to spawn when events happen and change the music and change variables like give the play this gun when they kill this enemy. And I'm slowly recreating Halo firefight in it!

Imagine if we had all these editors combined.
Most of em look like someone puked and trying to make a layout out of all of it. Then again I didn't really like Reach's maps either.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Almost getting to the end of the maps we were promised and so far the vast majority of them are UNSC maps.
Not only that but there remixes of already existing maps. Then there's the launch maps which are basically carbon copies of each other with minor differences
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Not only that but there remixes of already existing maps. Then there's the launch maps which are basically carbon copies of each other with minor differences
To add more salt to the wound, they are counting forged maps. :(
Compare this to the human environments in Halo Reach:
- A civilian city area
- An ONI base full of offices
- A rocket launch facility
- A hotel
- A water power plant
- A ship graveyard
- An icy underground research site
- A 'Military Wilderness Training Preserve' (Highlands)

Not only are the environments vastly different, but their designs and assets aren't reskins from the same template.
As opposed to what environment to you propose?
rM xNimble wrote:
Compare this to the human environments in Halo Reach:
- A civilian city area
- An ONI base full of offices
- A rocket launch facility
- A hotel
- A water power plant
- A ship graveyard
- An icy underground research site
- A 'Military Wilderness Training Preserve' (Highlands)

Not only are the environments vastly different, but their designs and assets aren't reskins from the same template.
Personally the Halo Reach maps were my favorite.
what happened to the forerunner themed maps???.... i think theres one, while in 4 there was variety it pretty much just lacked covenant themed where h5 lacks both.... they need to bring out OG BTB maps, ones built for veichle combat like blood gulch and the spire... halo 5s maps are utter bland and forgettable
I'd have to say the Warzone maps look beautiful.

But the Arena side of things doesn't look to great, they all do look similar.
Pretty much every map in Arena is a small and open map, and because of the remixes a lot of them feel the same. I really do hate that.

Also lowkey why does Stasis' aesthetics make it look like a CoD map
343 better get their act together and release some new huge map pack add on once all the free add on are released.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
AnonomissX wrote:
This is undeniably the best forgemode yet.
im in love with that map
I would have to agree that it's disappointing that they've completely stopped making them from scratch and just slightly change existing ones.. Hopefully Halo 6 will be different in that aspect.. And a few others as well.
Halo 4's maps are worse, but really none of H5G's maps stand out, then again the H5G Arena maps are made to be competitive and Warzone maps are made to be ??? Warzoneish???
I never thought about this but it actually makes sense, all the older halo's had unique foreign and alien maps and not nearly as many human maps, maybe 343 could work on that with the next halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2