Most under-rated armor set?

OP October Eternal

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Valkyrie set, while the helm is more popular than the armor, it looks really good. My only gripe is that the helm doesn't match the bulk of the armor.
Seeker, at one point I couldn't even take the helmet off.
I do hope you're joking... Right?
Legionnaire has got to be one of the most misunderstood helmets in Halo 5.
Seeker helmet is trash, but Seeker armor is surprisingly decent. The special black layer that goes over your techsuit helps give an illusion of a black techsuit.
I'd use the Strider helmet a lot more if only they removed the stupid white stripes around it. Why can't we have more solid, uniform colored armors instead of variants with the stupid stripes?!
Seeker, at one point I couldn't even take the helmet off.
I do hope you're joking... Right?
Negative lol, Seeker Intrepid had sentimental value for being my first helmet.
Recruit.

If it wasn't called Recruit more people would wear it.
I think Anubis is pretty underrated set. It looks really good, and in my opinion, is one of 343's better armors. It's sleek, but feels very Halo, and to me, seems reminiscent of H3's Rogue helmet, just more angular.
Yeah I really like the Anubis helmet; but the Anubis body's 'wings' are a bit too weird for me.

Problem I'm finding with the Anubis helmet though is that the chin is so far forward that you tend to get clipping with other body armors. I am still trying to find a good body to put my Anubis head on.

...been wearing soldier dog-face body with the Anubis helmet for the comedic coincidence, but recently changed when I noticed the chin clipping.
Haha, I get the comedic coincidence.

Well, if you read the armor description for the Anubis, the "wings" make a lot of sense. : )

I think the Reaper armor doesn't clip...
Warrior doesn't either I am finding, hence my Icon; but always looking for nicer stuff.

I saw an interesting video on youtube (Aozolai) where shots to your weapon actually deal damage to your character (got quite funny with a binary rifle). It got me thinking that armors with a thinner side-on profile (i.e. no big wings sticking behind you) may have slightly smaller hit boxes when side on (but then again bullet magnetism should even things out).

I do notice though that some of the smoother armors I find easier to distinguish and shoot at than the more gnarly armors (like recluse).

Fun fact: Anubis was consider a 'guide' not a 'reaper' to the dead, so the 'Hermes' armor body would actually be more appropriate.
I'm 99.9% sure that the armor you wear does not affect your hitbox. (i.e. The "horn" on the Fotus armor is not considered part of your hitbox. Bullets pass through it.)

If we're continuing on this trend of mythological creatures/beings, why not see how the Fenrir armor looks?
Agreed, although I do like many more helmets than Legionaire at this point.
Even though I don't wear it much, I definitely agree with the people saying Marauder is a good armor set. It certainly is underrated, but it looks awesome.
Recruit.

If it wasn't called Recruit more people would wear it.
I use to wear all 3 of the re-skins all the time but after getting champion rank I took it off because I felt like I was living a lie! (╯︵╰,)
I'd use the Strider helmet a lot more if only they removed the stupid white stripes around it. Why can't we have more solid, uniform colored armors instead of variants with the stupid stripes?!
I know, it sucks. I really like Strider as a Pilot esque helmet but the white lines ruin it.
There is a lot of underrated armors IMO: Athlon, Argonaut, Jumpmaster, Recluse, Interceptor, Nomad, Strider, Marauder, Leggionaire, Aviator, Void Dancer...
You think that Athlon is underrated? You gotta be kidding me...
There is a lot of underrated armors IMO: Athlon, Argonaut, Jumpmaster, Recluse, Interceptor, Nomad, Strider, Marauder, Leggionaire, Aviator, Void Dancer...
I agree, I don't see it much and it looks good IMO.
I love Athlon, but I don't see much people wearing it. I think Athlon is one of the 343 iconic helmets already.
Rogue. I wear it because it's the sex.
However, I also love the Hellcat Onslaught, the Mark IV, the Locus Edge, and Defender Fortress.
Interested to hear what you think the most overrated armours are though.
Rogue. I wear it because it's the sex.
However, I also love the Hellcat Onslaught, the Mark IV, the Locus Edge, and Defender Fortress.
Interested to hear what you think the most overrated armours are though.
Overrated? Probably Wrath, Helioskrill, Indomitable, Wetwork, Venator...

I have two main requirements for a good armor set in my opinion:

1: Functionality, It has to have a purpose. EOD, for example, looks bulky and heavily armored because it is Explosive Ordnance Disposal" armor. The armor needs to be able to withstand a bomb FFS.

2: Style, The armor styling needs to look feasible as well. I shouldn't have to ask "Why does this armor exist?". I'm looking at you Breaker/Seeker...

Now my reasons for disliking Wrath is that it has hardly any secondary color. Helioskrill just looks ridiculous to me, Wetwork has too many sharp edges and a visor that makes not the slightest bit of sense. Venator again, too many sharp edges and a visor that makes no sense. I'm not that demanding when it comes to armors. I just want practicality and style that reflects that...
I'm still waiting for empire of the sun to do a machinima music video in forge using the optio helmet.
I think Anubis is pretty underrated set. It looks really good, and in my opinion, is one of 343's better armors. It's sleek, but feels very Halo, and to me, seems reminiscent of H3's Rogue helmet, just more angular.
Yeah I really like the Anubis helmet; but the Anubis body's 'wings' are a bit too weird for me.

Problem I'm finding with the Anubis helmet though is that the chin is so far forward that you tend to get clipping with other body armors. I am still trying to find a good body to put my Anubis head on.

...been wearing soldier dog-face body with the Anubis helmet for the comedic coincidence, but recently changed when I noticed the chin clipping.
Haha, I get the comedic coincidence.

Well, if you read the armor description for the Anubis, the "wings" make a lot of sense. : )

I think the Reaper armor doesn't clip...
Warrior doesn't either I am finding, hence my Icon; but always looking for nicer stuff.

I saw an interesting video on youtube (Aozolai) where shots to your weapon actually deal damage to your character (got quite funny with a binary rifle). It got me thinking that armors with a thinner side-on profile (i.e. no big wings sticking behind you) may have slightly smaller hit boxes when side on (but then again bullet magnetism should even things out).

I do notice though that some of the smoother armors I find easier to distinguish and shoot at than the more gnarly armors (like recluse).

Fun fact: Anubis was consider a 'guide' not a 'reaper' to the dead, so the 'Hermes' armor body would actually be more appropriate.
I'm 99.9% sure that the armor you wear does not affect your hitbox. (i.e. The "horn" on the Fotus armor is not considered part of your hitbox. Bullets pass through it.)

If we're continuing on this trend of mythological creatures/beings, why not see how the Fenrir armor looks?
Fenrir body looks okay, Anubis helmet doesn't clip into it; but alas my orange yellow colors don't look nice with the Nordic patterns.

Why do so many armors have to have compulsory green or white decals...?
Jumpmaster helmet, I've grown fond of it
It looks like an Elvis impersonator helmet, waiting for a 'Memphis' variant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4