Motion sensor range to be increased

OP I KaosFuriE I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I think it is great. when you see a red ping someone is on top of you. that is way better than seeing a red ping and pursuing a target. less radar the more time we can all look at the actual game and not a corner of our screen telling us where to shoot next
What a silly argument. Nobody is missing out on Halo's environment because they are staring at the motion sensor. A quick glance now and then to tell you of any imminent threats is how it's meant to be used. The current settings basically say "There's no one touching you right now, but there is a guy very close behind you that will kill you before you have a chance to fight. But I'm not going to tell you that."
not exactly what i was getting at but still, less radar the more time you spend looking for enemies not letting something find them for you. i feel like it is a refreshing change
According to your service record, you haven't even played any Arena games. How can you comment on the issue when you haven't taken part in the games where it is most prevelant?
for real? this is the second day the game is out. ok you win, you are the better fan/player/person and my opinion is invalid

congratulations
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I think it is great. when you see a red ping someone is on top of you. that is way better than seeing a red ping and pursuing a target. less radar the more time we can all look at the actual game and not a corner of our screen telling us where to shoot next
What a silly argument. Nobody is missing out on Halo's environment because they are staring at the motion sensor. A quick glance now and then to tell you of any imminent threats is how it's meant to be used. The current settings basically say "There's no one touching you right now, but there is a guy very close behind you that will kill you before you have a chance to fight. But I'm not going to tell you that."
not exactly what i was getting at but still, less radar the more time you spend looking for enemies not letting something find them for you. i feel like it is a refreshing change
According to your service record, you haven't even played any Arena games. How can you comment on the issue when you haven't taken part in the games where it is most prevelant?
for real? this is the second day the game is out. ok you win, you are the better fan/player/person and my opinion is invalid

congratulations
If you have not played Arena your opinion is invalid, as Arena is where yiu have smaller, more closed in maps where quick decision making is a must. It's not a personal insult to you. So please, calm down and man up.
i have an opinion, you have an opinion, i care very little about you case closed

thanks!!

congratulations
If you have not played Arena your opinion is invalid, as Arena is where yiu have smaller, more closed in maps where quick decision making is a must. It's not a personal insult to you. So please, calm down and man up.
i have an opinion, you have an opinion, i care very little about you case closed

thanks!!
Good job on the manning up
I agree, I've gotten to the point where I'm just running blind never even looking at the sensor since in the majority of my deaths, I'm dead before they show up.
A good compromise I feel would be to increase the range, but make it so normal movement doesn't trigger it, only sprinting, thrusting, and firing your weapon.
No.... Make it the same as it's always been anything other than crouching triggers it.
I've basically stopped looking at the radar at all. its like playing without it altogether.
No if anything it needs to be removed.
Go play SWAT or competitive then.

I agree in that it needs to be changed. It's range is currently to small.
This is one of the very few issues I have with the multiplayer. Actually, the only other issue I have is spawning. VERY impressive gameplay. Multiplayer is a ton of fun.
20 meters as a compromise?
CasualVox wrote:
I agree, I've gotten to the point where I'm just running blind never even looking at the sensor since in the majority of my deaths, I'm dead before they show up.
Truth
An increase for warzone and btb would be OK, but not smaller playlists. I think the more time people play the more they'll grow accustomed to the radar as is.
Agreed.
Why have the radar at all if it's essentially worthless with the new speeds players are charging around at?
Hell, one of the boosts you can activate via REQ packs is a Speed enhancer. Meaning someone can get up right on you and assassinate you before they even ping once on your radar.
They thought they were balancing it, but obviously didn't actually test it to see it's viability in-game.

Just one more thing on the games Glitch List.
20 Meters schuld be just right to react if someone apears in tracker.
MajnunX wrote:
20m is a very minor increase over the current 18m. Why not just put it back to 25m as it has been for over a decad?. You know what they say; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It wasn't broken, but it is now.
I feel that with Halo 5's increased gameplay speed (sprint, spartan charge, clamber etc) the motion sensor should be reverted to its tradtional 25m range, from the current 18. I know 343 said in a recent vidoc that this was to reduce camping, but currently, if someone sprints at you for a Spartan charge, you're dead before they've even been on the sensor for a second. It's also annoying for long-time Halo players, because we have a natural "feeling" of the area the motion sensor should cover, and the Halo 5 one gives a false sense of security. I'd be eager to hear the thoughts of others on this.
Exactly my feeling when playing.
100% agree. I really think they need to put it back to 25m. Maybe I'm too reliant on the thing, but I use it to assess whether or not I'm going to get my face blown up if I turn the corner. It has happened to me more times than not, where I'll be running down a hall, see nobody and my motion sensor is clear, and then out of blue I am getting ganked by a few people. The increased pace, almost claustrophobic maps, and questionable spawns only compound the issue. FFA is a nightmare, I don't mind telling you.

I'm perfectly okay playing without a motion sensor, but in game modes that have it, it really should do its job which is threat/situation assessment. Right now, I'm lucky if it accurately represents what's going on in front of my face.
xAT 117x wrote:
Radar is a crutch.

When the range is too big, it just lets you walk around staring at the bottom left corner of your screen. There are problems with having the short range, such as the spartan charge, but I believe it is still better than a longer range radar.

(On a side note, the removal of the obvious 'Above or Below' indicators is brilliant. Couldn't be happier with that)
mk. Nevermind that it's always been apart of the base game. also no clue what you mean. if someone isn't on the same level as me the dot is not bright. but dark. Still lets me find people easily.

To the OP the 18m wouldn't be an issue for me. except that shoulder charge is a thing. perhaps they nerfed the range so shoulder charge could be more useful.
I like the shorter radar range. Assassinations and sneaking up on people actually happen now.
MajnunX wrote:
20m is a very minor increase over the current 18m. Why not just put it back to 25m as it has been for over a decad?. You know what they say; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It wasn't broken, but it is now.
I really think 2 meters will make the difference without giving tools for Radar-ninja's.
Its just a eyeblink enough to react and dash away or do something hilourious xD.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4