Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Multiplayer Is Getting Extremely Frustrating Solo

OP EGL Edits

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't understand what's its been lately with my luck or with this team balancing, but it's getting super frustrating to play this game. I've probably played about 40-50 games today and won only 3 or 4, easily the worst day I've ever had playing a video game. Every game is just a -Yoink- of tryhards, husky raid spawn trapping, or teammates who have no idea how to play the game. No one at all communicates and it's damn near impossible to find a company to play with that isn't going for Achilles. Not to mention every possible way of Finding a group for Halo is a baron wasteland. The first two years of this game was bearable solo, but now it's impossible to squeeze an ounce of fun out of the game.

I just needed to get that off my chest. Has anyone else felt this way lately? Has anyone else just been stuck in constant losing streaks with unbalanced teams? Because I know it can't just be me right?
I have been spawn trapped and try harder, but I have been able to find good teams often.
I said this in another thread but I keep getting added to Warzone teams in games that are already in progress, and the teams are generally losing by 200 points. I think I’m like 5-15 over my last 20 matches or so. It’s lame but I’m grinding so just trying to focus on my own objectives.
The game is old enough to where it is long time players who have squads already formed, completely new players who got it on sale, and everyone else just chilling/going for achilles/etc.

If you play WZ then I know of companies like nonstop, demoralized, stuffed crust pizza, and a few others that have active members. A lot of WZ companies form and go away just because people want to change the name of the company, so that can be annoying to keep track of, but we all still play together regardless of company anyway.
I know how you feel. For three matches in a row I have to carry with none of my teammates making double digits. Then the next three matches I'm matched with those way above my rank. Then every once in a blue moon I'll have a nice, competitive, balanced match and have fun.
Eh for the most part my matches have been pretty balanced even if I am on a losing streak. Playlists like husky raid, super fiesta, and (IMO) btb are too random for a solo player to consistently enjoy. Most of my matches in slayer only 4v4 game modes have been pretty close with a 10 kill difference between scores which is fairly balanced.

As a low onyx player I can carry my team's weight for a good majority of my matches and enjoy the competition, but for lesser skilled players I don't see that happening as often. Every Halo title is a team focused game and I don't see how solo player experiences can be improved. The population is too low for a solo-only queues or tighter rank searching restrictions. Maybe bringing back the party up feature would make it easier to connect with players in matchmaking, but aside from that I can't think of anything else.
That's why I created my own company. I got tired of seeing nothing but companies that either say they're about competitive play, but they really aren't, are those only going for the armor. Just me and one person as of now, but I'm honestly thinking of disbanding it just because no one I know plays Halo 5 (they stopped at 4) and haven't gotten anymore requests beyond that. Plus I haven't been playing Halo 5 as much as I should because I'm still searching solo and feel the same annoyances as you do. I get some good 4v4 matches, but others we lose in the most idiotic way (usually AFK people and getting paired with those who seem like they've never played before).
You are right, this game is full of try hards now, there's no place for a casual/relaxing experience anymore.
And if you are European like it's even worse since every game is played on US servers and latency is high.
I feel you man. I had to carry today in solo Slayer. 41 kills solo Slayer and only win by one. 28 kills the last game and 20 the game before. One game with two AFKs and getting golds on my team vs Onyx. Being a Champion sucks going in solo.
Pretty much sucks for the Gold players also that didn't ask to get put in with Champs - Diamonds. Not fun for anyone. The higher ranked players have to carry while the lower ranked get the crap stomped out of them and end up quitting out of frustration.
Yup, Warzone is so bad that I'm the same, I only win maybe 15-20% max of the time. And about 1/2 of those game my team can't even capture our own single base or get it taken over right after we do. These games are too predictable as well as in 90%+ of the time the team that captures the middle base is going to win the game. At this point I mainly just play Warzone Firefight because it's the only way it's fairly even matched and when I do play regular I don't even play to win anymore, just focus on getting high kills and very few deaths.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Pretty much sucks for the Gold players also that didn't ask to get put in with Champs - Diamonds. Not fun for anyone. The higher ranked players have to carry while the lower ranked get the crap stomped out of them and end up quitting out of frustration.
And then they get banned for quitting as if it's their fault. Not good for player retention.
BadDogg55 wrote:
And then they get banned for quitting as if it's their fault. Not good for player retention.
Mhm, no doubt as frusterating for them as it is us! Sadly this all boils down to low pop! The ranking system would work great had there been enough active players.
Exactly... Low population makes it difficult. I never have quit even though I get stomped. I want the XP... lol.
Warzone is a very toxic playlist. I’m a diamond player in team arena (so generally know what I’m doing), but I win probably 15-20% of warzone games I’m put in because you’re usually matched up against massive fire teams who spawn trap you in your base and get better weapons while you’re stuck with none. I’ve stopped playing warzone all together because of how unbalanced the games are - I wouldn’t even mind losing a close game (within 100-200 points) but when the games are 1000-200 it’s just ridiculous matchmaking, and those seem to be the majority of games I’m put In ... i still enjoy the firefight aspect of it.

What ive realized about halo is that it’s extremely team reliant. Going into games as a random I’ve come to accept massive incompetence, people leaving mid game, etc...
My only advice is find a team/company. They can make the game worth it.
That being said the door is always open
MGE
Just play FFA or Doubles, guys. They're the only game modes in the series where, if you lose, it's truly your fault. Bungie should've never prioritized 4v4 over 2v2 in CE.
If you're a good player, you can carry your teammate in doubles. 4v4 is cancer in this game. You're not going to get Onyx or Champion solo. It's just not happening.
I found 3 guys to play team with. I'm never going near team unless they're on it's not worth the frustration.
Whitedooom wrote:
The game is old enough to where it is long time players who have squads already formed, completely new players who got it on sale, and everyone else just chilling/going for achilles/etc.

If you play WZ then I know of companies like nonstop, demoralized, stuffed crust pizza, and a few others that have active members. A lot of WZ companies form and go away just because people want to change the name of the company, so that can be annoying to keep track of, but we all still play together regardless of company anyway.
Yet despite this, the game still tries to force a 50% win percentage on you with MMR
There is also another issue with the game. Servers are not working properly. I play every single game with people on my team running around like headless chickens and sometimes i'm getting so frustrated that i have to quit. But every 5/6 games my console disconnects from the server bringing me to the main menu. I'm getting disconnect too much frequently in the last days resulting in arena bans. I have spent so many hours in the game but now i just want to reach rank 152 and leave the game in this awful state. It's not fun anymore.
I forgot to write that in some games aim assist doesn't work at all. I know that it depends by the distance of the dedicated servers but come on... we european players are always left behind.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2