Multiplayer ONLY Halo game?

OP iArcticFire

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
Um, no.

Just no.

I for one enjoyed fighting the Prometheans... but for some reason the Covenant are no longer very much fun for me to fight.
Um, no.

Just no.

I for one enjoyed fighting the Prometheans... but for some reason the Covenant are no longer very much fun for me to fight.
I enjoyed the changes 343 made to the Promethean Knights, but the Crawlers are essentially just faster-moving Grunts (without the comical personalities), and the Soldiers are just robotic, teleporting Elites. Keep in mind, you'd still have AI like Prometheans and Covenant in Warzone and FireFight.
Or, perhaps, maybe, instead of that idea, how about: no.

I'm not the biggest fan of the story of Halo 5's campaign, but Halo 5's campaign is incredibly fun to play.
No. It's the story that brought Halo
The Warden Eternal is essentially just a more lethal version of a Hunter. Weak spot on their back, devastating melee attacks, and powerful long range attacks. The Warden is just bigger and has more health or damage resistance. He's a little faster as well.
No. It's the story that brought Halo
True, but it's the story that's now suffering imo.
I do want better multiplayer but i dont think this would work. But mos important of all is...Why just one or the other i mean is Halo, they have huge fanbase and i dont think they have money problems.
I do want better multiplayer but i dont think this would work. But mos important of all is...Why just one or the other i mean is Halo, they have huge fanbase and i dont think they have money problems.
It doesn't HAVE to be just one or the other, but look what happened when 343 didn't just focus on one. Both fell short of our expectations. Multiplayer is much better now of course, imo, the best Halo multiplayer yet. Just an interesting (though controversial) idea Luke brought up, and I wouldn't mind it. Don't anyone bite our heads off for it, lol.
Or how about we get a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
I have a better idea
This.
Uhh no. I for one am a Lore guy, and I for one wouldn’t buy a Halo without a story campaign.
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
I think the game industry has changed a lot since Bungie was making Halo. Keep in mind most of 343 IS Bungie.
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
I think the game industry has changed a lot since Bungie was making Halo. Keep in mind most of 343 IS Bungie.
Ummmm no there not 343 is a team of over 300 people yes but only 2 of them are former bungie employees at this moment.
Bambo wrote:
Ummmm no there not 343 is a team of over 300 people yes but only 2 of them are former bungie employees at this moment.
Only 2? What evidence do you have of this? Source? I shouldn't have said most. I don't know.
I like the solo play as well as the multiplayer. Playing through on Legendary is one of my Halo traditions (still need to complete Legendary Halo 5). Do I think the campaign this time was a little thin? Yeah, but it was still enjoyable.
These arguments are based on the premise that 343I doesn't have enough resources for both, and I think that's a flawed premise.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
These arguments are based on the premise that 343I doesn't have enough resources for both, and I think that's a flawed premise.
Not exactly. Did you watch Luke's video? It's not that 343 doesn't have the resources for both, it's a question of what if they put ALL resources into multiplayer?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17