2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17
I always judge people who haven't completed the campaign at least once when I look at their gamertag. I guess it's because I started before PvP was a huge thing, but I can't play a multi-player game without completing it's campaign first.
I like the idea of doing both. A halo campaign and a halo multilayer but it shouldn't be full price. 25 for the campaign 40 for the multilayer.
I'd be pissed if we didn't get a campaign mode.
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
This logic is flawed mainly because there is no way a developer could put out a triple A title nowadays with a decade old approach.

10 years ago, our expectations were lower, DLC wasn't rampant or as popular back then, the graphics and game mechanics were completely different.

You're comparing apples to oranges by comparing this iteration of Halo to previous versions.
Wouldn't buy it. I love Halo multiplayer but I love Halo's campaigns and stories soooo much more. Plus, no try hards in campaign.
the story of halo is what made me love the franchise, so i wouldn't be able to forgive 343i if they half -Yoinked!- the campaign just to get it over with just to have an all online game
well in this case they might as well since campaign in H5 has no redeeming qualities, can't even be played split screen, no reason to replay it and story is just absolutely annoying. In the bungie days I'd say hell no but no I could care less about campaign since 343i don't know how to make one.
OP got home your drunk
why halo 5 doesn't have the local coop?
I think they need to finish the story and then after halo 6 start making multiplayer only. Tbh, the story ended after halo 3. Halo 4 and 5 were fun and all, but they just added a bunch more that wasnt really nessicary.
well in this case they might as well since campaign in H5 has no redeeming qualities, can't even be played split screen, no reason to replay it and story is just absolutely annoying. In the bungie days I'd say hell no but no I could care less about campaign since 343i don't know how to make one.
So one bad campaign is enough to say -Yoink- the rest? I can't think of a single perfect franchise that hasn't botched at least one campaign. Bungie had 2, Bioware has mass effect and dragon age 2, CoD has everything post MW2, battlefield I don't know to well but I know hardline wasn't well reviewed. If it were a consistent trend sure, but for the most part, halos campaign history has been great, even with 343 at the helm. I'd even argue that they add more to the story with emotion than bungie did.
If 343i were to release a Halo without a campaign, I would not buy it. Sure, Halo's multiplayer is enjoyable, but I love "Halo", not the biprodruct of multiplayer, because that is exactly what it is. Halo's story, regardless of what you think if the latest releases campaign, is unique, emersive, and all around inspiring. I'm a huge lover of the lore, and if they were to suddenly stop expanding on it, they [343i] would lose many day one fans, myself included.
I wouldn't like this, IF Halo 5 didn't ruin the story. For me the story ended at halo 4, so really I don't give a crap about the story of Halo 6 onward. So I'm all for this idea, I love Halo campaigns, but 343 doesn't know how to make them. I wouldn't call their story and campaigns bad, they did a good job in halo 5 in my opinion, I just don't like it personally.
Well you could say that Halo 3 Mythic was a 'Multiplayer only game'? god knows.

Making a halo game without any story doesnt sound swell with me.
Vince8915 wrote:
why halo 5 doesn't have the local coop?
Because their physics are tied to framerate, and the framerate would drop past 60 if they had split screen.
I would totally dig this! I know they would never do it, but what if they gave it a TF2 business model making the game free to play? The req system sets them up to do this perfectly, especially as a free game would have such a huge population. 343 would probably make more money from it too!
I have thought the same thing. I think it would be better for Halo Esports. The game won't change too much and allow for better knowledge of the game and better players.
Right Adam wrote:
If 343i were to release a Halo without a campaign, I would not buy it. Sure, Halo's multiplayer is enjoyable, but I love "Halo", not the biprodruct of multiplayer, because that is exactly what it is. Halo's story, regardless of what you think if the latest releases campaign, is unique, emersive, and all around inspiring. I'm a huge lover of the lore, and if they were to suddenly stop expanding on it, they [343i] would lose many day one fans, myself included.
I don't think halos multiplayer counts as a bi-product. A lot of people buy halo specifically because of its unique multiplayer. I'd buy it for the campaign sure, but I won't replay it over and over like I would with the arena combat that the game has. I think with halo, the campaign and multiplayer are both equal in importance. I think if they made a halo game without one or the other, it wouldn't be what it is today.
Onurb wrote:
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
This logic is flawed mainly because there is no way a developer could put out a triple A title nowadays with a decade old approach.

10 years ago, our expectations were lower, DLC wasn't rampant or as popular back then, the graphics and game mechanics were completely different.

You're comparing apples to oranges by comparing this iteration of Halo to previous versions.
Agreed.
No. It's the story that brought Halo
If 343 does mp only it will die like titanfall. Also if the do can i only pay $30 for it since you know they'd be selling me half a game at that point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17