2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 17
OP, if you want a multiplayer only game there are about 20 of them between Battlefield and COD that you can choose from. if you want an open world game for Halo, they already did that. It's called destiny. The story is what makes the game, I love the multiplayer as much as anyone else but I wouldn't buy if there wasn't a campaign, in fact I think they spent so much time on the multiplayer that the campaign for H5 wasn't as great as it could've been.
Oh please no.
A good Halo game needs both.
Without one part it would not be the Halo we love.
i would play it
Halo 5 is missing so much already, Reach had so much more to play around with were halo 5 only has multiplayer and a campaign meant for either die hard fans of the story or something to play with your sibling or friend. Forge doesn't get used unless you enjoy map building and have people to test it out with like a clan or just a lot of halo friends. Halo 5 might as well be online only multiplayer because there's no reason to play the campaign unless you want the achievements or are playing it with someone who cares for it.

There's to many online only games being made and they wont last or become classics with the way they are, their just money grabbers at this point.
When those servers go down who will play the game again? i know you get your moneys worth but all the work put into that game feels wasted.

Call me old all you want, I think Bots or at least some kind of Fire Fight mode would help the game or more local play, I don't think I'm the only one that loved Halo 1 and 2 LAN party's, Filing all those TV's and Xbox's into a house or apartment feels more fun now then sitting alone in my room listening to kids over the mics of multiplayer.
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
What if there was 2 disks. And they were able to really pour a studio into Campaign then the other into Multiplayer. Like Ghosts did. It had 3 developers.
I would not play a multiplayer only game I like some story with my MC.
Omg NO
I'd rather have 'em make improvements to the next campaign.

I'm sure there are many people would couldn't care less about the story. Nothing wrong with that. But I fell in love with this franschise because of the story, and Halo just wouldn't be the same to me without it.
Yeah, I was thinking about all the ways they could make the campaigns a lot better. Mainly I think it would be best if they added more RPG elements to the game. They have already been adding a bit with Halo 5. What if you had an inventory system in the campaign and you could pick up rare weapons, like those from Warzone, off dead bosses or something? Thinking about stuff like that makes me doubt they would have the time to do something like that though. RPGs like The Witcher take all their time to make their campaign. Their resources aren't divided between campaign and multiplayer like 343's are. Bungie tried to kind of do that with Destiny, but look how that turned out. An ok "campaign" with no story, and an unbalanced multiplayer.
Please no.

Halo doesn't need any kind of RPG/Open World elements. I'd really rather stick with the kind of campaign that we've been playing since CE.
I don't think so.
Halo's chracteristics are both campaign and multiplayer.
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't now.
BAM! That's it right there! This is what most expect from Halo 6 (and expected from Halo 5) and frankly, Bungie had the golden formula for Halo success, but 343I wanted to do their own thing (which I get that, that's good, make it your own) but give us a great game in ALL aspects.
We've seen Battlefront and Rainbow Six Siege go multiplayer only, and quite frankly they would have been a waste of $60. Both had a lack of content just as Halo 5 did, and Battlefront's devs really made the game more for profit than anything else. (surely not for fans of the Battlefront franchise) IMO 343 just needs to figure out what went wrong inside the narrative, because it was easily the worst in the series.
Halo has the best running campaign through a series of games ever and the campaign will not die!
I'll point out one game here, Titanfall. They had full online only, campaign was multiplayer and there were other multiplayer games. A lot of the people who played it, including me and most of my friends hated it. Personally, I love any solo/offline stuff I can do (Yes, I know i need to finish solo campaign :( ), You have to realize that there could be a small percentage of players in Halo 5 might be offline players.
That would suck
pls 343, no
Ever hear of Titanfall? I don't think multiplayer games that attempt to implement story into the multiplayer matches go out very well. Halo is a story driven game with multiplayer as a side option. Halo should just stick to what it does; make a mediocre plot with an okay multiplayer system.
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
That would of been a lot better
Interesting but it wouldn't entice me
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
That would of been a lot better
Well it would have been better because the story wouldn't be ruined
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 17