Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Multiplayer ONLY Halo game?

OP iArcticFire

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17
If Bungie were able to make a quality campaign and quality online multiplayer for Halo 2 in 2004 then there is no excuse for 343 to be unable to do the same in 2016 and beyond.
If 343 will get rid of the campaign then I don't even have to thing about getting the newer ones. I come for multiplayer but stay for campaign.

Also can people stop calling the story arc a trilogy. 343 said a while ago that the story is a saga now which could be any number of games.
Bambo wrote:
Or how about we get a a Halo game with a great campaign AND great multiplayer? If Bungie pulled it off 11 years ago there's no reason 343i can't noI
I agree with you. How about both? I am sure 343 is up for the challenge and i am sure they can make it reality. :-)
Right Adam wrote:
If 343i were to release a Halo without a campaign, I would not buy it. Sure, Halo's multiplayer is enjoyable, but I love "Halo", not the biprodruct of multiplayer, because that is exactly what it is. Halo's story, regardless of what you think if the latest releases campaign, is unique, emersive, and all around inspiring. I'm a huge lover of the lore, and if they were to suddenly stop expanding on it, they [343i] would lose many day one fans, myself included.
I don't think halos multiplayer counts as a bi-product. A lot of people buy halo specifically because of its unique multiplayer. I'd buy it for the campaign sure, but I won't replay it over and over like I would with the arena combat that the game has. I think with halo, the campaign and multiplayer are both equal in importance. I think if they made a halo game without one or the other, it wouldn't be what it is today.
I can agree that multiplayer is equally important to people, however the principle remains. Regardless of how how people feel about either campaign or multiplayer, the core of Halo is the Master Chief.

I would remind y'all that ODST was a pure campaign Halo title, and it is my favorite of all. In fact I still replay it to this day.

Anyhow, it is my absolute opinion that if you are not a lover of the campaign, you are not a lover of Halo, you are a lover of FPS. That is no issue though, it is personal preference, but if you are to abandon the campaign element of the game, arguably the element with the most substance, there is no place for you on this forum.
The campaign is one of the most important parts of the halo franchise.
this does sound like a nice idea, it would be good to have a game which is just multiplayer with extra stuff as well they would need to make to campaign more and longer so that people would want to buy it.
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
If they don't want my money, then yeah, cut campaign
Halo without master chief...are you serious!?!
Just play halo online its really good pc combo of all the halos
No that is not how halo has been and it shouldn't go that way halo would be dead if it was just multiplayer with micro payments.
James4125 wrote:
If Bungie were able to make a quality campaign and quality online multiplayer for Halo 2 in 2004 then there is no excuse for 343 to be unable to do the same in 2016 and beyond.
I see your point but games cost a lot more money now than before but yes it does need a better story etc. the sad truth is that halo just isn't halo without bungie.
JAKES7777 wrote:
this does sound like a nice idea, it would be good to have a game which is just multiplayer with extra stuff as well they would need to make to campaign more and longer so that people would want to buy it.
they need the campaign for you to buy into the lore in which the multiplayer is based on.
I really don't like this idea... That's all I have to say on the matter.
I wouldnt mind a sort of "halo online" once the series campaign has ended as i still love and want to play the campaign
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
Have you played Titanfall? I preorder that game and it is multiplayer only. I spent $60 and blew through every level within 2 hours. That was it. people think having 10 maps or so are enough to have fun on, think again. If 343 does do a "Titanfall" type of game then they need to offer us a minimum 50 core maps and about 20 additional for each game mode and there should be 30 game modes. In theory it sounds like a good idea but I was disappointed because the cost of the game was too high, not enough to do and the DLC was half the price of the game and the content was still not enough. Anyway, Play Titanfall to get a better idea of what it would be like and also remember, when the servers are down for maintenance, your game is now worthless and now you have to play something else.
What if... now hear me out... 343 pulled off a game with a story as amazing as Halo 4, multiplayer as balanced and fun as Halo 5, AND the customization options of Reach? I know it sounds crazy, but it just might work...
Halo Online...ya just in Russia? GJ 343
Timmie wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
interesting... How about one game called "Halo" with online MP, and the campaign would be DLC that kept adding to the game... It would be interesting. I like Halo 5s multiplayer so I don't mind them keeping it the same.
I imagine this would be to much like "Spartan Ops"
Never played Spartan Ops, wasn't a fan.

But I wouldn't mind Halo 6's campaign being DLC for Halo 5,
Maybe make a big update and change the game from H5 to just "HALO" With both Halo 5 and 6 In it.

And keep one multiplayer, but just add a huge map pack for H3A* in 2017 and Halo 6 DLC in 2018.

**no need to remaster the campaign for H3 since we got it in the MCC, but H3 MP maps for H5 are welcome (:
No
Lack of content has nothing to do with decision of content or focus of work. The only reason they left so much out of Halo 5, is because they wanted to rush something out the door to make up for the money they lost with MCC. Therefore they left half the game unfinished! However there decision to release content monthly is a fair idea which gives them more time to work on the next instalment. BUt for the lack of content in the campaign and poor ending has no excuse.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17