2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17
I think a multiplayer only Halo game would be great. But what people don't get is that obviously a Halo Multiplayer Only game wouldn't be a part of the main series and 343 would probably only be a supervisor on the project. I would buy it but it would need to have a good amount of launch content if they want to sell it
It would be fantastic, but it wouldn't quite be halo without a story.
Okay people are making it sound like, "alright, from now on only multiplayer in the halo franchise." Its not saying that, least I think, its playing with the idea of a halo spin off thats only multiplayer/cooperative gameplay. There can still be another goddam trilogy. And there can still be lore in a strictly multiplayer game, otherwise it would just be figures running around shooting stuff at each other.
I mean look at the Red vs Blue series, that was created and started from "multiplayer" and now has its own lore. I dont know everything about it.
But this would be an interesting idea to maybe try out.
Yeah, something like that. One game that's entirely focused on campaign, and then another game that's entirely focused on multiplayer. That's true, we've got lore in multiplayer with Halo 5 already.
Haha, I haven't watched Red vs Blue since the Halo 2 days, lol. I kinda stopped watching because I felt like they got really boring. Are they making more using Halo 5 now? Is it any good?
Thank you. And honestly I wouldnt know, havent watched halo4 and on. Course if Im not mistaken they stuck with halo3 graphics and up the animation.
And wow people you just are not getting this concept at all.
And its, "came for the campaign, stayed for the multiplayer."
Yeah........no. H5G campaign was not terrible but was not great either. It's still replayable which is a good thing. If campaign was ever removed ( which it wouldn't ) the franchise would flatline.
Timmie wrote:
Timmie wrote:
Timmie wrote:
They need to bring Chief back. They diminished his role way too much in 5.
Yeah, I really wanted to see a lot of Blue Team. Hopefully that happens properly in H6!
So... You want a Halo game with just MP, but you're already anticipating Halo 6'a campaign. Ironic.
I can't say I'm excited for Halo 6's campaign after Halo 5's, but I'm hopeful, yes. Since Halo 6 is going to have a campaign regardless what anyone says. I wouldn't mind if it were the last Halo game to have a campaign though, if it meant more multiplayer content.
The only way I'd buy a Halo game with no Campaign would be if it came with a novel, a full theatrical movie (at least 2 hours) and a series of a TV show that was released in episodes per week.

All of that would need to be included in the $59.99 price tag. And financial wise, that doesn't make sense to a company, when they can develop a campaign & multiplayer in house, using assets from campaign in MP.

With that being said; I wouldn't buy a Campaign only Halo either.

Halo set the bar for in-game story telling & competitive multiplayer. Losing either one of those things missing would deter from the Halo experience.
Halo 5 is missing a good sp currently
You just said you didn't even finish it; so how do you know? I can see how H5's campaign can be confusing to new comers, or even people who haven't kept up with the expanded universe.

Which, TO ME, is cool, since I understand everything that's going on. But I do think that a campaign should also be self contained. I shouldn't have HAD to play all prior Halo games, or read all the books to understand the campaign.

A campaign should have a self-contained ark while also expanding on the overall story. Halo 5 did that, but in a way that wouldn't be easily understood to anyone who hasn't kept up with the lore outside of the initial games.

Just poor planning/trying to reach the hardcore fans/etc, feels more like the campaign was throw together last minute, but at the same time, it was very enjoyable for me.
I think this point about the story is one of the more valid ones. I've played all the main games (minus Halo Wars) and I do find that the story in Halo 5 is underwhelming. A player shouldn't need to read all the novels, see all the movies/webseries just to understand the plot of one game. That type of stuff should add extra to the game itself with references or guest appearances or what not.
Companies can see who has completed the campaign and who just focuses on multiplayer, but there's been enough examples to showcase a $60+ mulitplayer game will just not fly. Battlefront, Titanfall, Evolve have become shells of what they were supposed to be or are shedding player base faster than expected. Even the 800 pound gorilla of the multiplayer console scene Call of Duty has a campaign mode still and even tossed in a remix version of the campaign.
If people want to have something multiplayer only, they need to price that accordingly and maybe they'll see some sales.
I played a bunch of Titanfall and I had someone tell me the game looked really cool, but without a good story to explain the fighting, it felt empty and not at all interesting to them..
Reach 2 multiplayer only.
I actually strongly agree, then they could work on also weapon equality. Maybe even make fire fight voices again. They would be so awesome
Personally that would be the end of Halo for me. The thing that brought me to the franchise was the story and characters. Just because one games story was disappointing doesn't mean they should just give up. Plus they would be leaving a massive cliffhanger of an ending unresolved. I think they need some new people with a new direction writing the next campaign. I'm not at all a fan of the one currently in charge (not a fan of the Marvel work they have done either and I'm a huge Marvel fan).
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
Dear lord no! As much as halo 5 story sucked, I'd rather there be a campaign than no campaign. The only real reason I buy halo games. The story and the Halo universe is awesome. I'd rather it be an only campaign game. More resources and time then will go into it and then we won't have another Brian Reed incident
Because multiplayer-only games have had such a spectacular track record. Just look at Evolve and Titanfall. Those games sure had long lives...
As a long time halo fan/ player since the beginning, i wouldn't even buy a multiplayer only halo. What is the point. Halo is about the campaign and multiplayer. Granted it was better way back when but things change. But multiplayer only games fail on the xbox right now. Just get mundane. Though it felt like there were quite a few things missing on both the campaign and multiplayer this time around, it Halo 5 is still playable.
How about we get a better writer so the story actually works together in each game unlike the disconnects in Halo 4-5 and Reach-CE.

Sure, most of my time spent in Halo is multiplayer, but I'm waiting 'till Rainbow Six Siege is $30 so I can get more out of the game for what I payed for. I'd play it a lot, but campaign, even though I'd only play it once in most games, holds a great value in the now $80 price tag.
Huh actually sounds ok
There is a multiplayer only game, its called halo online
Sounds like the infamous Halo Online that was officially shut down, but the community and dudes who make the eldewrito launcher keep it up. If you haven't heard of it, it's essentially Halo 3 MP with Halo 5 styled gear; so armor, weapons etc. But with Halo 3 maps and some extra maps we haven't seen before and even just re-textured maps.
Sounds like a mad idea though i love playing the campaigns but unfortunately i think after 6 they already have another trilogy trademarked
There is a multiplayer only game, its called halo online
Yeah true but its made externally its not 343 made the op means 343 makes it
They did have that beta of Halo Online which was the Halo 3 engine highly modified for PC. They could do it like Halo 3: ODST's separate Multiplayer disk that had the extended Halo maps. The only thing is it would end up being a separate game that we'd have to pay $60 for, which I envision only having like 7 or 8 maps at launch like Halo 5 did, and with that in mind, it would feel a lot like Star Wars Battlefront for the next gen systems. As much as it would be fun, I'd have to decline it, as the campaign kind of is a necessary thing since it gives the Multiplayer some purpose, plus one game for Multiplayer only is way too expensive. If it were half the price of a full game, it would be different. Sales just don't add up sadly.

Personally, I enjoyed the Master Chief Collection Halo 2 Anniversary matchmaking, though all that was was just the Halo 4 engine with some graphic tweaks, and the removal of sprinting and armor abilities. This is proven by how the weapon animations look, if you look closely you'll see what I mean. But I enjoyed it being a bit more simple.
Actually there already is one, heard of Halo Online?
The Warden Eternal is essentially just a more lethal version of a Hunter. Weak spot on their back, devastating melee attacks, and powerful long range attacks. The Warden is just bigger and has more health or damage resistance. He's a little faster as well.
Why....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 17