OP iArcticFire

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
What would be the point?
I would buy a multiplayer only halo game if it had offline forge, firefight and custom games, along with more game modes and playlists.
I would prefer a magnificent story line over some online game
Or how about keep them together, just add alot more to it.
I like the lore more than the gameplay, so no, we can't have a Halo game without a campaign.
No I play Halo for the story. I like multiplayer as well but Halo was created for the story.
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer.
I see your logic but don't agree.

I know people who don't buy halo because they don't like multiplayer...but then again nothing is stopping people from buying the full disc, completing the campaign, then selling the disc at a partially depreciated value because they want the campaign.

I'm not sure the multiplayer only idea would increase sales so is not a wise business decision IMO.

The only way selling a campaign and multiplayer separately would be a good idea would be if ALL games were ONLY downloadable. This way those who only like the campaign pay for the campaign, those who like both can buy both, and those who only like multiplayer can have multiplayer.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the original plan for xbox one was overturned, which means the game makers make both and it will always be the best option for the developers with this current setup.
No thanks, give me a campaign to beat on legendary
Something like elder scrolls online would be cool
Halo 5 already sold bad but if a future halo would come out without a story it would sell even worse everyone buys halo for the story and multiplayer. At least me if a halo comes without a story I'm done.
I do want better multiplayer but i dont think this would work. But mos important of all is...Why just one or the other i mean is Halo, they have huge fanbase and i dont think they have money problems.
It doesn't HAVE to be just one or the other, but look what happened when 343 didn't just focus on one. Both fell short of our expectations. Multiplayer is much better now of course, imo, the best Halo multiplayer yet. Just an interesting (though controversial) idea Luke brought up, and I wouldn't mind it. Don't anyone bite our heads off for it, lol.
Best halo multiplayer to date is a tie between HALO 3 and HALO 2. Let's just be completely honest here.
I think this is a TERRIBLE idea. I hope 343 never even considers this. They need a longer campaign with better writing, not zero campaign.
I do want better multiplayer but i dont think this would work. But mos important of all is...Why just one or the other i mean is Halo, they have huge fanbase and i dont think they have money problems.
It doesn't HAVE to be just one or the other, but look what happened when 343 didn't just focus on one. Both fell short of our expectations. Multiplayer is much better now of course, imo, the best Halo multiplayer yet. Just an interesting (though controversial) idea Luke brought up, and I wouldn't mind it. Don't anyone bite our heads off for it, lol.
Best halo multiplayer to date is a tie between HALO 3 and HALO 2. Let's just be completely honest here.
H2 was trash, h3 and h5 are neck to neck as best multiplayer "IMO".
H2 was trash, h3 and h5 are neck to neck as best multiplayer "IMO".
Weird, Halo 2 was the Best. But I agree Halo 3 and 5 are right there tied for 2nd place.. imo
I think that we could try it. It could be like halo 3 with odst yanno?
It already exists. It's called Halo Online. Only in Russia though :/. With that said, I think a multiplayer only game would be less attractive. Halo has one of the biggest fan bases for the lore of any shooter. Up until Guardians, everyday campaign was mysterious, character driven, and epic. Multiplayer oh would take away half of what makes halo so successful. That's probably why Halo: Online since its release didn't make a big splash.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/25/halo-online-is-a-free-to-play-pc-shooter-coming-only-to-russia
you game halo 5 haha
lets gooo
If they stopped making story driven content Halo would just be a cartoony version of titanfall, and that got old real quick.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17