2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17
There is that Halo Online game. Not made by 343 but its still official Halo game.
There should be a halo online forum. Sure it's not a 343 or bungie halo but I think it deserves a spot.
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
Absolutely!!
There is that Halo Online game. Not made by 343 but its still official Halo game.
*facepalm*
What? Its a multiplayer only Halo game. Just what the title says.
There should be a halo online forum. Sure it's not a 343 or bungie halo but I think it deserves a spot.
It was actually made under MS / 343i's supervision, so it would make sense in that way - but I don't think it would fit into Waypoint due to it being only available in Russia.
*facepalm*
Gotta read more than a title. You're the 5th person to say that. Halo Online is not at all like what I was talking about.
*facepalm*
Gotta read more than a title. You're the 5th person to say that. Halo Online is not at all like what I was talking about.
I get what you're saying

if 343 spent all the dev cycle time only on multiplayer - thing is, there is a multiplayer division there that is totally blind to campaign. So in a way that is what we get. But if the entire team focused only on Multiplayer - they would probably go with the Battlefront model.
It was actually made under MS / 343i's supervision, so it would make sense in that way - but I don't think it would fit into Waypoint due to it being only available in Russia.
Not entirely true
Chilled chaos, Seananners, RitzPlays & Zeroyalviking playing halo online all of which live in Los Angeles.So if people in LA can play a Russian only halo everyone can its probably just the servers are Russian.
es muy bueno es el mejor

This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we do not provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.
no halo was always about the story. if it was just multiplayer i wouldn't buy it.
Why change something that worked so well so many times?
That's just dumb in my opinion and will not change.
*facepalm*
I get what you're saying

if 343 spent all the dev cycle time only on multiplayer - thing is, there is a multiplayer division there that is totally blind to campaign. So in a way that is what we get. But if the entire team focused only on Multiplayer - they would probably go with the Battlefront model.
I've since changed my stance kinda. I still think there should be campaign, but maybe separate it from multiplayer. I was just throwing around some ideas.
I disagree. How about 343 learning about the mistakes and do a decent campaign for Halo 6. A online game already exist and is Halo online (which is more fun than this current game) play that one is free. People never learn about AAA online games (destiny, battlefront, titanfall, the division). They were all garbage and they exist for corporate porpuses, so, no!
why doesnt 343 try hiring some better storywriters because Bungie's story mode were a lot better.
why doesnt 343 try hiring some better storywriters because Bungie's story mode were a lot better.
Right? With the direction Hunt the Truth seemed to be going, I was hoping the main enemy in Halo 5 was going to be a corrupt ONI. I think that would have made a much better story, and that would really flip things around for Halo. Blue Team could team up with the Arbiter, to fight the corrupt ONI, eventually convincing some of the UNSC like Lasky to realize the truth about ONI, and take Blue Team's side against them. Then you could have Team Osiris be these ruthless bounty hunters and mercenaries hired by ONI, and sent to assassinate Master Chief, the rest of Blue Team, and the Arbiter. They could have made you switch off (EVERY LEVEL), between playing as Blue Team, and playing as Team Osiris, eventually ending the game with you playing as Blue Team, the final boss being Team Osiris. As Team Osiris you'd be fighting a lot of the Arbiter's forces in an attempt to find him and assassinate him, and then as Blue Team you'd be fighting ONI soldiers and ONI mechs / robots. Eventually Team Osiris would find the Arbiter, but just before they fought him or during their fight, Blue Team could step in, take out Osiris and save the Arbiter. Halo 6 could then be about finishing the fight against ONI, and dismantling them.

I dunno, just some ideas I had about how Halo 5's campaign should have played out. I think they should have left Cortana dead. That or have Halsey somehow bring Cortana back as an actual human at the end of Halo 6, using some newly discovered Forerunner tech that ONI was using to create human soldiers from AIs, completely under their command. Then Cortana and John can live happily ever after at the end of Halo 6. lol

Or can they? In Halo 7, Cortana enlists in the Spartan program and joins Blue Team in their fight against a new alien force threatening to annihilate the the Galaxy: The Reapers. Dun Dun Duh... Lol, jk. XD
Its one of them things where we don't know how good or bad it will be until its actually done. ODST was campaign only and that turned out great especially with Firefight as well.

A multiplayer only Halo game would have no draw backs except for the lack of a campaign.
Hey, face it... The halo campaign has been going on for years now, ever since 2001, and it has always carried the story of John 117 and cortana fighting the covenant and other species... But one day it's gonna come to an end, 117 can live forever, and can sertainly not fight forever. I like the idea of a multi-player based game, but even if they do... There is always going to be another chance for a new hero, a new Spartan to rise up and defeat whatever threats are ahead, but John 117 will always be in our hearts.
In my honest opinion, Halo 5 is exactly what you're asking for here, OP.
Um, no.

Just no...
I for one enjoyed fighting the Prometheans... but for some reason the Covenant are no longer very much fun for me to fight.
I actually enjoy fighting covenant because they die easier in general, nearly all Promethen enemies will take longer to kill than there covenant counterpart.
Its one of them things where we don't know how good or bad it will be until its actually done. ODST was campaign only and that turned out great especially with Firefight as well.

A multiplayer only Halo game would have no draw backs except for the lack of a campaign.
So it would have a HUGE drawback. It would lose so much in terms of customers since speed runners would not play it, some casuals and offline players.
Have you seen Star Wars: Battlefront? yeah its a decent game but no campaign seriously dwindles numbers and the amount of players that will keep playing it...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17