2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 17
why doesnt 343 try hiring some better storywriters because Bungie's story mode were a lot better.
Right? With the direction Hunt the Truth seemed to be going, I was hoping the main enemy in Halo 5 was going to be a corrupt ONI. I think that would have made a much better story, and that would really flip things around for Halo. Blue Team could team up with the Arbiter, to fight the corrupt ONI, eventually convincing some of the UNSC like Lasky to realize the truth about ONI, and take Blue Team's side against them. Then you could have Team Osiris be these ruthless bounty hunters and mercenaries hired by ONI, and sent to assassinate Master Chief, the rest of Blue Team, and the Arbiter. They could have made you switch off (EVERY LEVEL), between playing as Blue Team, and playing as Team Osiris, eventually ending the game with you playing as Blue Team, the final boss being Team Osiris. As Team Osiris you'd be fighting a lot of the Arbiter's forces in an attempt to find him and assassinate him, and then as Blue Team you'd be fighting ONI soldiers and ONI mechs / robots. Eventually Team Osiris would find the Arbiter, but just before they fought him or during their fight, Blue Team could step in, take out Osiris and save the Arbiter. Halo 6 could then be about finishing the fight against ONI, and dismantling them.
I got the same impression from the marketing campaign - that there was corruption within ONI (I mean the start of Halo 4, from a perspective, kind of alludes to this). The storyline that you put forward is pretty good, and is a game I probably would have enjoyed more than Halo 5's campaign.

I still enjoyed the Halo 5 campaign, but thought it was very thin - and man, as the main protagonist, I usually like to have more CHIEF with my Halo campaigns. I also think 343 missed a lot of events that happened elsewhere. For example, with the end of Halo 4, I thought the Didact would be coming back in Halo 5 (I mean, he didn't exactly die). Only after I finished Halo 5 and did some reading online that I found out that the Didact was killed elsewhere after Halo 4. I really liked the Didact as an antagonist, and Warden is nothing more than a pain in the backside. Sure he's formidable, and trying to kill him on legendary can be painful, but the repetitiveness of his fights and appearances make him look like nothing more than a jealous, overprotective boyfriend of Cortana's. Here's to hoping 343i pull off a great job on Halo 6 by bringing the Halo ring back into it - fan rumours saying the flood will be back? I like that idea.
There are many people who play Halo just for Campaign..
I love the Campaign, I love Halo much more for its plot than its multiplayer.
So definitely no
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
I'd rather have a campaign only Halo game than a multiplayer only campaign because I love Halo's expanded universe and how it links with the main game.
PaperyWars wrote:
I disagree. How about 343 learning about the mistakes and do a decent campaign for Halo 6. A online game already exist and is Halo online (which is more fun than this current game) play that one is free. People never learn about AAA online games (destiny, battlefront, titanfall, the division). They were all garbage and they exist for corporate porpuses, so, no!
Rainbow six siege *cough that's a triple A game and is so we'll developed with no paid dlc but only coins that can be bought to unlock stuff quicker, that doesn't make it pay to win, just to pay to get operators rather than just unlocking them normally. What I'm trying to say is that it's a multiplayer only and it is a very good triple A game that is very fair to its community.
why doesnt 343 try hiring some better storywriters because Bungie's story mode were a lot better.
Right? With the direction Hunt the Truth seemed to be going, I was hoping the main enemy in Halo 5 was going to be a corrupt ONI. I think that would have made a much better story, and that would really flip things around for Halo. Blue Team could team up with the Arbiter, to fight the corrupt ONI, eventually convincing some of the UNSC like Lasky to realize the truth about ONI, and take Blue Team's side against them. Then you could have Team Osiris be these ruthless bounty hunters and mercenaries hired by ONI, and sent to assassinate Master Chief, the rest of Blue Team, and the Arbiter. They could have made you switch off (EVERY LEVEL), between playing as Blue Team, and playing as Team Osiris, eventually ending the game with you playing as Blue Team, the final boss being Team Osiris. As Team Osiris you'd be fighting a lot of the Arbiter's forces in an attempt to find him and assassinate him, and then as Blue Team you'd be fighting ONI soldiers and ONI mechs / robots. Eventually Team Osiris would find the Arbiter, but just before they fought him or during their fight, Blue Team could step in, take out Osiris and save the Arbiter. Halo 6 could then be about finishing the fight against ONI, and dismantling them.
I got the same impression from the marketing campaign - that there was corruption within ONI (I mean the start of Halo 4, from a perspective, kind of alludes to this). The storyline that you put forward is pretty good, and is a game I probably would have enjoyed more than Halo 5's campaign.

I still enjoyed the Halo 5 campaign, but thought it was very thin - and man, as the main protagonist, I usually like to have more CHIEF with my Halo campaigns. I also think 343 missed a lot of events that happened elsewhere. For example, with the end of Halo 4, I thought the Didact would be coming back in Halo 5 (I mean, he didn't exactly die). Only after I finished Halo 5 and did some reading online that I found out that the Didact was killed elsewhere after Halo 4. I really liked the Didact as an antagonist, and Warden is nothing more than a pain in the backside. Sure he's formidable, and trying to kill him on legendary can be painful, but the repetitiveness of his fights and appearances make him look like nothing more than a jealous, overprotective boyfriend of Cortana's. Here's to hoping 343i pull off a great job on Halo 6 by bringing the Halo ring back into it - fan rumours saying the flood will be back? I like that idea.
Thanks! :) Yeah, so much was alluding to ONI's corruption before Halo 5, and then in Halo 5 it was just like, Oh, nevermind, ONI was just confused. They're still the good guys.

Yeah, I still enjoyed it. More so the second time when I wasn't trying to find all of the intel and skulls, lol. I know, right? I heard the rumor about Halo 5 only having two or three Blue Team missions before it came out, and I was just like "No, that can't be true.", but guess it was, lol. Yeah, I was pretty sure he died at the end of Halo 4, but then I read the Halo Escalation comics. Yeah, the Didact was much better than the Warden. I really don't like the idea of Cortana as an antagonist. It's just like, Ok, so we're suppose to suddenly want to kill / defeat a major and iconic ally from all the past games? Who thought this would be a good idea? lol
Yeah, I really didn't like the repetitiveness of the Warden Eternal boss fights. Hahaha, yeah, I agree, the Warden didn't really ever have much of reason for wanting to fight Master Chief. Nor did Cortana at the time of their first battle, if I'm remembering correctly. Yeah, hopefully they do better with Halo 6's story. I would love it if the flood came back! Well, I'd love to fight them again at least, I don't know how they could make it work with the story though. Things were pretty final in Halo 3 as far as the flood go.
no way i wont pay for 2 halo games
I mean yeah I havn't played the campaign in months but I still love it. The master chief and all of that because without it it will just not be the same, it is apart of Halo.
Alucaz wrote:
I like the solo play as well as the multiplayer. Playing through on Legendary is one of my Halo traditions (still need to complete Legendary Halo 5). Do I think the campaign this time was a little thin? Yeah, but it was still enjoyable.
So true, it is a tradition, like eating turkey on thanksgiving.
I love the halo 5 campaign, I thought halo 4 was a bit meh, but we need the campaign, I just hope the campaign doesn't go the way of destiny and become open world, I'm bored stiff of open world games now.
Just no
PaperyWars wrote:
I disagree. How about 343 learning about the mistakes and do a decent campaign for Halo 6. A online game already exist and is Halo online (which is more fun than this current game) play that one is free. People never learn about AAA online games (destiny, battlefront, titanfall, the division). They were all garbage and they exist for corporate porpuses, so, no!
Rainbow six siege *cough that's a triple A game and is so we'll developed with no paid dlc but only coins that can be bought to unlock stuff quicker, that doesn't make it pay to win, just to pay to get operators rather than just unlocking them normally. What I'm trying to say is that it's a multiplayer only and it is a very good triple A game that is very fair to its community.
I'm afraid that is a matter of opinion, I don't know anybody who has played rainbow six siege and been happy with the gameplay, in my opinion and many others that game was a shambles just like all the others listed, thank god for halo, it's the only game worth playing these days.
They really need to spend more time in developement. 343 gave us a solid multiplayer game. That fans will probably play for a long time. This isn't just 343 guys really. Ultimately it's Microsoft calling the shots and if they want a game every Xmas like Activision with cod. Then 343 has no choice. What Microsoft needs to do is stop putting all it's gaming eggs in one basket. They need to give rare another shot at a perfect dark sequel for starters. Perfect dark zero wasn't a great game but the original perfect dark was and incase you didn't know ps was the sequel to the n64 classic golden eye. it just had a redhead instead of a martini drinking wanker.
Seriously between a successful reboot of perfect dark, gears of war, and halo. Microsoft has the perfect shooter trifecta that would enable them to let each game spend ample timein incubation. Two in development while one gets realeased. I mean why did Microsoft buy rare anyway...grabbed by the goulies...doubt it. This is the coumpany who created banjo...donkey Kong country...etc...
How about a Halo 6 that's delayed a lot but...
Releases with everything like infection, splitscreen, a good campaign etc.
Um, no.

Just no.

I for one enjoyed fighting the Prometheans... but for some reason the Covenant are no longer very much fun for me to fight.
its because the bungie covenant was so much cooler and more of a threat. the 343 covenant is just to different and new. the old enemies kept that halo feeling. also i feel like a multiplayer only halo would be to much like titan fall, well i guess 343 has been copying CoD and Destiny anyways so bring it on.
It'd be another Destiny pretty much.
Can't, Halo has to have a Story
Halo is pointless without a campaign
Um, no.

Just no.

I for one enjoyed fighting the Prometheans... but for some reason the Covenant are no longer very much fun for me to fight.
I hate the prometheans.
No. It's the story that brought Halo
You sure? Cuz I (opinion) believe halo became what it was because of its competitive multiplayer. H2 put it on the radar and h3 then continued it and was a beast for majority of its life. Even today the multiplayer is still credited to keep its longevity going.
No. It's the story that brought Halo
You sure? Cuz I (opinion) believe halo became what it was because of its competitive multiplayer. H2 put it on the radar and h3 then continued it and was a beast for majority of its life. Even today the multiplayer is still credited to keep its longevity going.
I got halo combat evolved on original Xbox, I agree it was known to have an awesome multiplayer experiance, bringing us 'halo nights'. But the story was the other half of the coin, it was emotional and addictive. The story and multiplayer combined made it the groundbreaking game that it was.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 17