2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17
When my internet is not working I just play campaign it the cut scenes are not good but I want split screen
No. It's the story that brought Halo
Yeah and Halo should always have a campaign mode no matter what
Halo Online exists, albeit in Russia.
I would love an RPG style Halo campaign but it wouldn't go down well at all with the community. I want to see where the campaign goes but after that, a mainly multiplayer focused game would be a good way to go!
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
Thats pathetic that we have to lower our standards today. Halo 3 and Reach, hell, even 4 had more content than halo 5 at launch. I don't get why we are getting less content with any game these days, and concerns me on the future of halo. Will halo wars 2 and halo 6 be barebones with content, just like halo 5? If so, I'm not getting them at launch.
idk about this
No. I'd prefer a complete game.
Halo's campaign is as sought after as its multiplayer. It's a complete experience in it, so no.
If 343i released a Halo game that was either just single player or just multiplayer, I would stop supporting them.
To be fair... halo 5 is very much a multiplayer only game.
Halo has no more of a campaigne than titanfall.
Multiplayer only? Yeah right. Cuz that worked SO well for Titanfall. The campaign story is what put Halo on the map in the first place. Fans come back for more because they want to continue following Master Chief's adventures. A multiplayer only game would only anger fans and leave everyone asking questions or wanting more. If you don't like the campaign don't play it, but there will always be plenty of players who still love the Chief enough to play his story.
So your asking for Halo to become a CoD?
Actually I believe even CoD has a "Story" even though people only play multiplayer
I've had the same thought myself, mostly because I want splitscreen campaign.
A campaign only game would feel like highway robbery, and a multiplayer only game can't last: the company will eventually pull support and move on to the next game.
Previous halos will still be around for years to come because of their campaigns (not sure I'll return to H5 though), but a multi only game wouldn't be good for much other than HWC stuff.
So your asking for Halo to become a CoD?
Actually I believe even CoD has a "Story" even though people only play multiplayer
Lol where does CoD come into play? Many games have done multiplayer only or are only played specifically because of its great multiplayer. Halo doing this wouldn't make it become CoD, being multiplayer only does not make it play like CoD.
Luke TheNotable, a Halo 5 YouTuber, recently brought up an interesting topic: What if 343 made a multiplayer ONLY Halo game? Instead of dividing time, money, and resources into both campaign and multiplayer, what if they just focused all their efforts into multiplayer?

Personally, I was rather disappointed with Halo 5's campaign, mainly with the direction the story is going. I also think that fighting the Covenant and Prometheans is getting kinda old, whereas the multiplayer will never get old. So I actually kinda like this idea. I know a campaign for Halo 6 is already in the works, but perhaps, after Halo 6, they could just end the trilogy and focus on multiplayer. It really just depends on how Halo 6 plays out I guess.

Here's Luke's video on the topic, check it out! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFSKRNQSq4

Update: Throwing around some different ideas with people, I kinda changed my stance on this. I do like one idea someone had about separating the multiplayer from the campaign and making them two separate games. Then make the campaign more open world with some RPG elements or something. Regardless, we'll just have to see how Halo 6's campaign goes before any of that. ;)
I honestly wouldn't mind because all I do is play the multiplayer. Though I can see why people don't like this idea. Halo's campaign is what made it Halo.
OP: I would prefer halo to do what it has always done, be a campaign and multiplayer all in one. However, I wouldn't be against 343 doing a multiplayer only game and Microsoft hires another company to make the campaign only as well. Games have done this as well before, it can work if done correctly.

A multiplayer only game means that specific team can then worry about just the multiplayer, it gives them more time to play test stuff, add and remove, test what works and what doesn't work, ect ect, and then even brand new stuff could be added to the halo multiplayer that we've never seen before.

Then thecampaign would get the same luxury as well, more time to work on the story, add more length to the campaign for a longer story, more detail with the graphics since multiplayer won't have to take resources away from it, ect ect. Both can benefit from this, but again, I can't stress it enough, it HAS to be done CORRECTLY!
I DSG I wrote:
To be fair... halo 5 is very much a multiplayer only game.
Halo has no more of a campaigne than titanfall.
Halo 5 has a character-driven story mode that can be played solo, without the need of an internet connection. Say what you will about the writing, but the campaign is much more defined and substantial compared to Titanfall.
What if Halo 5 was released without a campaign, but it DID have split-screen, Assault, Infection, Social Playlists, more maps, FireFight, etc, at launch?
I am totally with you there. I really wanted to play on the same console with my brother, but since there wasn't split-screen I was quite upset. Also to JUST implement the game mode infection would be better than having Halo 5 campaign.
multiplayer only games tend to not do so well....multiplayer should be a bonus not the sole intent of the game , the story was the weakest but still enjoyable ..so no thankyou ;3
campaign>multiplayer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17