5. ...
  6. 12
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
At least its not an armor ability
Hallelujah!
It didn't affect map design as an armor ability
Ehh.... you sure? Most maps on Reach weren't that amazing.
Yeah but that's just cause they got lazy and took them right out of Campaign. The DLC/Anniversary/Forge maps were awesome, in my opinion
Or they Incorporated maps into campaign lol. Forget what they said.

If your statement is correct, they had to think about sprint's affection slightly if we go by what you said, since you always have sprint as a starting armor ability in that mode.
Regardless, they had to build maps, both campaign and multiplayer (and yes, some were originally multiplayer maps), so that you could move around without sprint. You still had to switch out armor abilities, and they couldn't let that slow down the game. So, no
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!
Yeah but that's just cause they got lazy and took them right out of Campaign. The DLC/Anniversary/Forge maps were awesome, in my opinion

If your statement is correct, they had to think about sprint's affection slightly if we go by what you said, since you always have sprint as a starting armor ability in that mode.
Regardless, they had to build maps, both campaign and multiplayer (and yes, some were originally multiplayer maps), so that you could move around without sprint. You still had to switch out armor abilities, and they couldn't let that slow down the game. So, no
Fair enough, but maps like The Cage and Countdown come to mind for me. Atleast Bungie had the right idea of making the ability to sprint an ability among other abilities, they had to know how powerful it can be.

I wasn't around for the DLC maps of Reach unfortunately.
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

Fair enough, but maps like The Cage and Countdown come to mind for me. Atleast Bungie had the right idea of making the ability to sprint an ability among other abilities, they had to know how powerful it can be.

I didn't get that feel from those maps, but yes sprint was powerful. But it was powerful because, again, maps were built around the base movement speed, so it actually gave players a real advantage. Now it's a necessity (and an annoyance for that, in my opinion), so it has lost that power. And there were other very powerful armor abilities like Active Camo, Armor Lock, and the one that over-powers them all (IMO again): Jet Pack
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

I didn't get that feel from those maps, but yes sprint was powerful. But it was powerful because, again, maps were built around the base movement speed, so it actually gave players a real advantage. Now it's a necessity (and an annoyance for that, in my opinion), so it has lost that power. And there were other very powerful armor abilities like Active Camo, Armor Lock, and the one that over-powers them all (IMO again): Jet Pack
But building a game around a bad mechanic for Halo's gameplay doesn't make it any different.

Yes there were other abilities but we all know which one was arguably the most popular and used.
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

But building a game around a bad mechanic for Halo's gameplay doesn't make it any different.

Yes there were other abilities but we all know which one was arguably the most popular and used.
We will disagree on that first part.

It was the most popular because it offered the biggest advantage (compared to sprint in other games, that is). I would argue that sprint was the most popular just because most people are just accustomed to it because of other shooter games

ps Thank you for the civil discussion :)
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

It was the most popular because it offered the biggest advantage (compared to sprint in other games, that is). I would argue that sprint was the most popular just because most people are just accustomed to it because of other shooter games
We agree to disagree heh.

But with 2 games and soon to be 3 now, we can't ignore sprint's influence forever.

P.S: Not every anti sprinter is an -Yoink- lol
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

But with 2 games and soon to be 3 now, we can't ignore sprint's influence forever.

I'm not ignoring it. Let's say, soon to be 2 games with universal sprint. So the Reach maps weren't that great. How much did you enjoy the Halo 4 maps?
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

I'm not ignoring it. Let's say, soon to be 2 games with universal sprint. So the Reach maps weren't that great. How much did you enjoy the Halo 4 maps?
Some were good, like Exile, Solace and 2 Crimson maps I was able to play Harvest and Shatter.

4 had other problems though, some that persisted since Reach such as how vehicles work.
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

Some were good, like Exile, Solace and 2 Crimson maps I was able to play Harvest and Shatter.

4 had other problems though, some that persisted since Reach such as how vehicles work.
What I'm trying to say, though, is, compared to Halo Reach/3/other maps, what did you think. What I'm getting at is, I think sprint has debased quality off of maps in general. Do you think Halo 4 suffered from its maps, or was it close enough to other games?
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!
Your right, but it did effect my throat after screaming when I couldn't sprint out of the way of a warthog
I just feel this mumbo jumbo and controversy doesn't matter anymore. 343 said they prefer sprint, and from now on, it will be in Halo. I don't think there is much anyone can say about it. No matter what stance on sprint you have, I think it's right for you to just accept that this is where the series has gone and this is what we will have to play. I think everything has been said, and I don't think there's much to add to the discussion. If you don't like sprint, then sadly you probably don't buy the next games, and if you like sprint, then you will continue with the series as more games come out and buy them. It's simply where we are, and while I accept people's opinions, I think this discussion and topic just needs to be dropped and take a rest. All it's doing is causing arguments and negativity, and that's not good for the Halo community. I understand anti-sprint and pro-sprint people are both passionate about Halo, are both passionate about their opinions, and want to voice them, but it can only go so far. When a topic has been causing bickering between a community for 5 years, it really doesn't add anything to the community, it takes away from it. Discussion and opinions are ripe and fruitful, but only when they make progress and take us somewhere. Unfortunately, this topic will never take us somewhere because the decision has been made, sprint will be in Halo indefinitely. Just my two cents on the matter.
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
Bryanneo wrote:
GhostTW312 wrote:
Hallelujah!

What I'm trying to say, though, is, compared to Halo Reach/3/other maps, what did you think. What I'm getting at is, I think sprint has debased quality off of maps in general. Do you think Halo 4 suffered from its maps, or was it close enough to other games?
Overall then (dat delay between posts) Halo 4 maps were quite lackluster.... There was no magic or mystique about em.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12