Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

My Frantic Climb to SR 152

OP UnSYNCHaBle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Good day to you all, my name is UnSYNCHaBle.

I started halo at the ripe age of 10 when my dad brought home a used xbox from a yardsale. It had 2 controllers and 2 games, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Limited edition. Since that fateful summer day after our move out of the hood and into the country I have loved the series passionately. I made several lasting friendships both in real life and online through this series and I even named my 11 month old son John after the Master Chief himself. However, as much as I love Halo and it's lore, I did not love Halo 5 with the same sincerity as it's predecessors.

As such, I barely touched it's multiplayer, climbing only as high as Spartan Rank 14 before going to MCC. As of a few hours ago I have climbed to SR26 and will be putting in the hours to reach SR152 before the launch of Infinite. I really just want whatever is being given to us in Infinite for reaching it because everything I've seen about it is telling me this will be the Halo to bring the glory days back to heights comparable to Halo 3's peak. I want to be all in for it so that starts today.

I know it's a daunting task, I've seen the stats. I'm not deterred. I'm taking advantage of double xp days and boosts as I can get them. So I will be visiting back and updating this post with my progress in a reasonable manner. I hope you all will appreciate this great journey along with me if nothing else in spirit.

I appreciate any tips or just words of encouragement. I hope to see you all in the warzone.

Let's finish this fight.
Finished tonight at 32. Gonna be a fun one til I hit that wall lol.

I started halo at the ripe age of 10 when my dad brought home a used xbox from a yardsale. It had 2 controllers and 2 games, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Limited edition. Since that fateful summer day after our move out of the hood and into the country I have loved the series passionately. I made several lasting friendships both in real life and online through this series and I even named my 11 month old son John after the Master Chief himself. However, as much as I love Halo and it's lore, I did not love Halo 5 with the same sincerity as it's predecessors.

As such, I barely touched it's multiplayer, climbing only as high as Spartan Rank 14 before going to MCC. As of a few hours ago I have climbed to SR26 and will be putting in the hours to reach SR152 before the launch of Infinite. I really just want whatever is being given to us in Infinite for reaching it because everything I've seen about it is telling me this will be the Halo to bring the glory days back to heights comparable to Halo 3's peak. I want to be all in for it so that starts today.

I know it's a daunting task, I've seen the stats. I'm not deterred. I'm taking advantage of double xp days and boosts as I can get them. So I will be visiting back and updating this post with my progress in a reasonable manner. I hope you all will appreciate this great journey along with me if nothing else in spirit.

I appreciate any tips or just words of encouragement. I hope to see you all in the warzone.

Let's finish this fight.
it s possible to reach in 1 year! Just use perseverance, remember that this achievement is time consuming. Fortunately playing the playlists you like and knowing the most populated ones, this grind can be satisfying instead that frustrating.
GYS GHOST wrote:

Let's finish this fight.
it s possible to reach in 1 year! Just use perseverance, remember that this achievement is time consuming. Fortunately playing the playlists you like and knowing the most populated ones, this grind can be satisfying instead that frustrating.
I like swat and have been playing competitively, even hit diamond rank before being sandbagged multiple times by team mates back down platinum 5, it just doesn't warrant enough xp to invest in the double xp tokens. I'm not that great at warzone and finding lobbies is hard for some reason on warzone turbo but the double xp tokens go farther and the xp is nice even when I perform poorly.

It only breaks my heart that I will be away from Reach so much because I just hit level 70 and am worried about not hitting 100 by season end now. But, oh well. Unless they announce a dedication reward for Reach I need to focus on the hardest battle and take advantage of double xp days as they're available.

Thank you for your encouragement. I was surprised to hear it from anyone.
Keep it up and you should get there before the end of the year!

Though don't get your hopes up toooo much about the reward itself - I've heard that it's just a small token and so nothing along the lines of say a Flaming Helmet or such.
Sylxeria wrote:

Though don't get your hopes up toooo much about the reward itself - I've heard that it's just a small token and so nothing along the lines of say a Flaming Helmet or such.
It probably won't be much, but it'll be an accomplishment in of itself. Most people aren't trying to get it and I'd like to say I stayed the course.

I'll probably take some breaks to achievement hunt to break the flow because Lord knows I'll be burning out.
I need to do LASO runs and even just commit to doing all the legendary runs on MCC. It's not that they're difficult, I just haven't taken the time to do so.

While we're on that point, I know that you get an armor set in Halo 5 for beating all the legendary campains in MCC. What are all the other loyalty rewards for halo 5? I have the nightfall armor.
Sylxeria wrote:

It probably won't be much, but it'll be an accomplishment in of itself. Most people aren't trying to get it and I'd like to say I stayed the course.

I'll probably take some breaks to achievement hunt to break the flow because Lord knows I'll be burning out.
I need to do LASO runs and even just commit to doing all the legendary runs on MCC. It's not that they're difficult, I just haven't taken the time to do so.

While we're on that point, I know that you get an armor set in Halo 5 for beating all the legendary campains in MCC. What are all the other loyalty rewards for halo 5? I have the nightfall armor.
There used to be Helioskrill and Hunter, but those got added to Gold Packs so I don't really count them anymore. The only other one I can think of would be Achilles.
Sylxeria wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:

There used to be Helioskrill and Hunter, but those got added to Gold Packs so I don't really count them anymore. The only other one I can think of would be Achilles.
I just seen the achilles challenges, you know any spartan groups active that need another member to help with this? I'll go out of my way to help with the hard ones. I don't even know where to look for spartan groups.
Sylxeria wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:

I just seen the achilles challenges, you know any spartan groups active that need another member to help with this? I'll go out of my way to help with the hard ones. I don't even know where to look for spartan groups.
Your best bet would be the Recruiting Forums.
Sorry double commented for some reason.
Thank you for your help by the way. I'm just unfamiliar after all this time. I'd like to be more active here.
Finishing tonight at level 37. Not terrible considering Inwas 14 a couple of days ago. Merry Christmas to all!
Finishing tonight at level 37. Not terrible considering Inwas 14 a couple of days ago. Merry Christmas to all!
Merry christmas dude!
I was in the same mindframe getting into h5.
Ive barely touched the multiplayer. But i did play a ridic amount of reachs firefight, so i mostly grinded heroic warzone f.f. in h5. To pay my dues, if you catch my drift.
Id reccomend finding a company that specializes in what you like, swat.
Youre going to be playing a lot of games, so try not to get burnt out. Play music, take breaks. Have fun.
Mix it up. Seems 343 rotates the double xp playlists for that reason.
También estoy en el proceso de alcanzar el nivel máximo para la recompensa que pueden dar en halo infinito y sé que solo puede ser dedicación y perseverancia si tienes ganas de jugar conmigo, invítame todos los días juego de gm MINIMI116
MINIMI116 wrote:
También estoy en el proceso de alcanzar el nivel máximo para la recompensa que pueden dar en halo infinito y sé que solo puede ser dedicación y perseverancia si tienes ganas de jugar conmigo, invítame todos los días juego de gm MINIMI116
"I am also in the process of reaching the maximum level for the reward that can be given in infinite halo and I know that it can only be dedication and perseverance if you feel like playing with me, invite me every day gm game MINIMI116" - quick google translare

I don't speak spanish, I really need to learn, so thank you. I'll add you, what game modes do you play?
Finished at midnight at level 44. I will probably be uploading a googledoc with my progress if it's not against the rules to link it from here. I'll still be on in a few hours if anyone wants to group up. I'm seeing the importance of req packs as I'm getting smoked in warzone. Hope to see you all out there!
Merry christmas dude!
I was in the same mindframe getting into h5.
Ive barely touched the multiplayer. But i did play a ridic amount of reachs firefight, so i mostly grinded heroic warzone f.f. in h5. To pay my dues, if you catch my drift.
Id reccomend finding a company that specializes in what you like, swat.
Youre going to be playing a lot of games, so try not to get burnt out. Play music, take breaks. Have fun.
Mix it up. Seems 343 rotates the double xp playlists for that reason.
How do we know which playlists are double xp?
Any playlist with a star next to it has increased XP. For absurd XP payout (at the cost of extreme frustration), you might consider getting some WZ Turbo games in (if it's still up).
Any playlist with a star next to it has increased XP. For absurd XP payout (at the cost of extreme frustration), you might consider getting some WZ Turbo games in (if it's still up).
That's all I've been playing is warzone turbo. I'm at 48 I think now. Was 14 on on christmas eve. Thanks fot the star info, wasn't sure but figured that was the case.
Use your XP boost. Stick to double XP (star) game types. As much Warzone as you can play on the weekends.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3