Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

My friends sold this "broken" game.

OP suskera

My friends were big fans of Halo (including 4). However, to them this game was just an utter disappointment. Ever since they both got this game, they've experienced non-stop lag issues. People were supposedly running into walls, freezing, ect. Was pretty much unplayable for them.

There were some instances where they would lag out, or would have no choice but to leave a game and would get banned. They would leave one game, and boom. Banned for like, an entire day. They happily sold this game without any regrets.

I on the other hand, do not experience these issues. It shouldn't be their connection either, since they can play any other game just fine. (The master chief collection, for example.)

What gives? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Sounds like your friend has crappy internet. Did he try the game longer than a day? Was he playing mostly during the holidays when xbox live was being over run with Christmas noobs that were bogging down the servers?
Sounds like your friend has crappy internet. Did he try the game longer than a day? Was he playing mostly during the holidays when xbox live was being over run with Christmas noobs that were bogging down the servers?
They had begun playing this game on the first week of January, and had sold it by the end of the week.
They should run a network test on their xbones. There were also a lot of people complaining of bad servers on that week if you look back, sounds like they gave up too quickly.
Sorry but it sounds like their network. You do know games go through different ports to reach their destination and depending on the provider they can make things difficult.
The game isn't very kind to people who don't have at least the minimum connection requirements stated by Xbox Live. Also you may have problems if you are in a non-supported country.
Well that's unfortunate. Baby with the bathwater, and all that rot.
Quote:
My friends were big fans of Halo (including 4). However, to them this game was just an utter disappointment. Ever since they both got this game, they've experienced non-stop lag issues. People were supposedly running into walls, freezing, ect. Was pretty much unplayable for them.

There were some instances where they would lag out, or would have no choice but to leave a game and would get banned. They would leave one game, and boom. Banned for like, an entire day. They happily sold this game without any regrets.

I on the other hand, do not experience these issues. It shouldn't be their connection either, since they can play any other game just fine. (The master chief collection, for example.)

What gives? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
The halo 5 lag issue is real. My first call to MS support was November 15th. Posted here on page 22.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-lag-issue/9ea0f822-5c55-4f44-b235-e9246fc3b4b5/posts?page=52#post1036

I've been an active contributer since page 22. That thread is now on page 52. That doesn't include my posts to reddit, the TWC forum, or the 343i forum.

It also doesn't account for the hundreds of dollars spent switching equipment.

Some folks don't like to tackle things head on. Chose your side... Are you a part of the problem or part of the solution?

Quiting and giving up, has been too accepted.
Sounds like your friends internet is "broken"