Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

My "Memories Of Reach" Checklist

OP EddyOfTheNorth

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is my personal list of what I hope will come in the Memories of Reach update.
My hopes and dreams for Memories of Reach:
  • Plasma Rifle (Already Confirmed)
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Needle Rifle
  • Brute Shot
  • Falcon
  • Hornet
  • The Revenant
  • A more in depth matchmaking user interface
  • Forge World (+ A more Reach-similar Forge engine)
  • Local classic-style firefight (Which would be very useful for when Xbox's servers shut down)
  • Rocketfight
  • Multiple Arena maps from Reach, man that game had amazing maps
  • Brutes
  • Playable Elites
  • Invasion w/ playable Elites (Warzone Assault just isn't the same)
  • Vehicle Buff
  • 1 hit flag kills
Edit: Added Falcon, Hornet, Revenant, UI. and fixed errors.
Edit 2: For those of you saying this is unreasonable, it shouldn't be. Many of these should have been in the original release; it is not too much to ask for a full game, and having old fan favorites incorporated into the newer games is also not too much to ask. For instance: 1 hit flag kills should be a given, firefight is a huge fan favorite and was in ODST and Reach, 343 hates Brutes for some obscure reason, playable elites is also a fan favorite, vehicles are nerfed almost beyond recognition, Needle Rifle I understand since they made the Blood of Suban but it sucks it is not in Arena, and the fact that so little of these things are going to be in the update is the problem.
Don't forget the Falcon.
NojoInVivo wrote:
Don't forget the Falcon.
Or the Revenant and Grenade Launcher.
StuftRock1 wrote:
NojoInVivo wrote:
Don't forget the Falcon.
Or the MA37 and the M392.
StuftRock1 wrote:
NojoInVivo wrote:
Don't forget the Falcon.
What would adding those do? There's literally no difference between them and the current weapons except they're WORSE.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
StuftRock1 wrote:
NojoInVivo wrote:
Don't forget the Falcon.
What would adding those do? There's literally no difference between them and the current weapons except they're WORSE.
Classic skins, we already have classic versions of the BR and Magnum why not the dmr and assault rifle.
Plus they have better looks.
My biggest agreement would be on reach maps. If you're going to start reskinning and adding old maps anyways at least add the ones that were really great.
Include the falcon for sure. but that looks like way too much for 343 to handle man!
I think the falcon would be pretty easy to balance, but since it can be stationary it would probably be a legendary high req more in line with the phaeton.
Also
  • A better ui
  • Falcon
  • Revenant
  • Grenade launcher
  • (Doubt itll happen) but more customization options
Why the needle rifle? We already have it
Great list, but I would very much like the M319 Individual Grenade Launcher, CQC helmet, Hazop helmet, and the glorious Halo Reach style, Gungnir helmet.
You littelary summarized halo reach!! LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS!
This is not Halo: Reach! If you want all these Reach features, go play the damn game. It's BC, so you can enjoy on your xbox one.
If you're expecting a pelican load of Reach-esque additions, you're going to be very disappointed.

Playable elites? no
Reach maps? probably not, look around in community for these.
Invasion? No
Concussion rifle? no
Revenant? ok, maybe on this one
Falcon? another maybe, but I doubt it
We're getting lots of Reach armor because they do not influence gameplay. And we're getting infection.
Another forge canvas is possible, but still unlikely.

Reach was fun and all, but this is Halo 5, a different game with different mechanics.
You have needle rifle down twice
Falcon would be a valuable asset to Warzone. Ferrying team mates to capture points or bosses would indeed be super handy. I feel like the Falcon would be treeted like the warthog in that it would have variants like Scout (no weapons) regular (maybe just one chaingun instead of 2 because of-) rocket, gauss, and the different armor tiers up to Oni or even hannibal.

I want a hannibal gungoose that shoots auto-gauss.
I won't lie, I don't think your expectations are realistic. I personally have hopes for the Noble Team armor sets, the falcon, grenade launcher, and maybe a mythic throwback weapon. The needle rifle, was added with the Blood of Suban already. Playable elites, won't happen. Old Forge system won't happen. Invasion is too similar to Warzone Assault.
Don't we already have invasion in the form of warzone assault
Hell, they just need add Reach as the update.
Maxie's Wish list that 343 Probably Won't Fulfill and he will be sour about until he gets the Plasma Rifle:
-Grenade Launcher
-Real Mark V(b) armour
-Grenade Launcher
-A nerf to the Spartan Charge range
-Grenade Launcher
-Falcon and Grenade Falcon
-Grenade Launcher
-Halo Reach DMR
-Grenade Launcher
-Halo 1 assault rifle with the 60 round shredder clip
-The ruddy -Yoinking!- Propipe
  1. 1